Is it worth it to buy vendor bags early on?

I know, you gotta save money for your mount. But the more shit you can carry, the more you can vendor, right? So is it a worthy investment? Sometimes in vanilla you get lucky and some 6 slot bags drop, other times absolutely none of them drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Way too expensive. Get the easy drops or find a tailor whos trying to level and use your cloths to get bags made.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I know, you gotta save money for your mount. But the more shit you can carry, the more you can vendor, right? So is it a worthy investment? Sometimes in vanilla you get lucky and some 6 slot bags drop, other times absolutely none of them drop.
    If you are speaking way back in vanilla, people didn't even 'know' about professions. We (people we knew IRL) played beta's beforehand so we knew we needed tailor, like 20-30 of us would send ALL our cloth drops to one tailor to boost him, he would make all the bags for us.

In beta's you kinda had to buy the bags, the drops were non existant, there was a quest reward for 4 slot bag for first 20lvls or so. I think the vendor bags was 20 or 40s for 6slots and that's what you would use in fresh server. Nowadays I expect everyone to pick up professions and tailoring will be the easiest to level.
    PM me weird stuff :3

6 slot bags cost next to nothing, worthy investment. I wouldn't buy anything above that. (from a vendor)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    6 slot bags cost next to nothing, worthy investment. I wouldn't buy anything above that. (from a vendor)
    8 Slots are 25-ish Silver but that vs. 12-Slot Mageweave? Hmmm...

12-ish years later, the 16-slot Netherweave Bags still sell like hot cakes because of how cheaply the Netherweave Cloth is to farm and compared to larger-slot bags.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

You want to conserve gold wherever possible. New bags that are 6 slotters just are not worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can I just say how nice it is to finally have moved on from 'What will classic look like?' threads, to 'Preparation for Classic' threads.

Here is something to believe in!

Depends, without sharding you'll end up grinding/exploring at launch to do the first few levels. If that's the case then I'd buy 8 slots and grind to pay for it. If sharding is implemented I'd say no and just rely on drops and cheap ones spammed by tailors early on

I think it's worth it, because really gold wasn't that hard to make in Vanilla. I'll probably use the same tactics to make gold as I did in Vanilla. Farm Liferoot in Hillsbrad, sell them in small stacks for warriors doing their level 30 sword quest, profit. I bought my buddy, his gf and my mounts all by level 40 (non-epic riding ofc). Epic mount I grinded out in Felwood with more herbs. People laughed because I had 5 vendor trash 1h swords with Crusader on them to hand out to all my fellow mages to use during Onyxia Phase 1.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I'll probably wait to see how things look early on and obviously how the luck is going. If you reach a certain point it could be worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    6 slot bags for sure, the 8 slots cost way too much, if you are a warlock or pally go ahead as you just get your mounts anyways, but anyone else nah...
    Specially warlock and hunter, cause warlock you need soulshards, and hunter you will be using a quiver/ammo pouch, so you will need those 3 bags to big THICC
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

In the starting areas sometimes you get 6 slots bags, those are for sale at the vendor for 5 silver, which is a very good investment early on.
    There is a quest in the Wailing Caverns for a 10 slots bag, which you should certainly do if you are horde and you should do anyway if you are alliance (harder to get inside, especially in the first few weeks).

Join a guild with players that actually help people. I never charged anybody in my guild for bags that I crafted.

No.

You should be able to find a tailor who will make bags for a tip plus your mats. This was pretty common in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    No.

You should be able to find a tailor who will make bags for a tip plus your mats. This was pretty common in Vanilla.
    It's been like that ever since though the mats that can only be crafted once a day from Cata onward sucked as it jacked up the prices on all bags since then on the AH. I have no doubt I'll make alot of Gold as a Tailor. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D