Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Who was getting Thunderfury first?

So i want to play a class in Vanilla that has a chance of getting TF. Who was usually the first getting it, Tanks or one of the DPS classes?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues were good with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Someone Say... Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by neosky View Post
    So i want to play a class in Vanilla that has a chance of getting TF. Who was usually the first getting it, Tanks or one of the DPS classes?
    That depends. If you're alliance you will have salv and so threat won't be an issue so giving it to a DPS is a real option, so rogue or fury warrior are decent options for it. As horde you don't have salv so threat becomes more of an issue, especially if you compound it with giving your warriors or rogues Thunderfury a massive DPS boost with a proc that generates extra threat. So it's completely possible that horde guilds will prioritize it to tanks more than Alliance guilds will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks, by a long way.
    Speciation Is Gradual

A guild who doesn't give it to their MT first is a guild being run by the guy who's getting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I can already see the drama unfolding.

but yeah MT is probably the one whos going to benefit the most from it. extra threat gen = dps can dps more.

I think we had a tank still using TF on illidan. he used it throughout tbc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-11-10 at 11:51 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna gently put this here. Think he was GM of his guild or something.

Tanks having it ultimately makes everyone happier. It is pretty much alpha version of AOE tanking in a minor way and threat becomes a lot less of an issue. Pretty much lets everyone go more ham.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Main Tank > Rogues > Fury.

But I can get away with giving it to the main hunter for the memes

I'd say Fury has slight priority over a Rogue... simply because they have the capability to throw on a tank set and go to town... It will aid you in fights like 4h (that requires 8! warrior tanks with the t3 set bonus) and/or even just be insurance in case the MT or OT burns out and quits before your guild clears whatever content you aim to clear.

It's a hunter weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's a hunter weapon.
    That goes without saying, everything is.

Our MT got first, second got a rogue.

Funny enough. The quest is restricted by Blizzard to Warrior, paladin, rogue and hunter. Maybe some all weapons are hunter weapon jokes circling around in the original beta, prior to the weapon and quest being added.

Also, with an attack speed of 1.9 and a main hand requirement. The weapon useless in the hands of anyone but a warrior tank. Rogues rely more on weapon damage, than on weapon DPS, and there are blue weapons with higher top end damage than the Thunderfury. The proc would offset this by a little, but not nearly enough to justify using it over for example a Brutality blade or a Vis'kag. I'm fairly sure a fury warrior would not benefit much from this either, or even at all compared to molten core or Onyxia epics.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neosky View Post
    No dps should ever get TF.
    Play tank - get tfury.

The end.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior, then rogue, then anyone else that can use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Main Tank > Rogues > Fury.

But I can get away with giving it to the main hunter for the memes
    fury warriors do not want it at all... it is way too fast and the dps way too low the moment u step into bwl and aq. besides, theres not enough debuff slots for anyone in the raid to use tf since it takes up 2 debuff slots.

I think I only ever saw one non-tank with it. Every other person with it I saw was tank. The bonus threat is beneficial for the entire raid, and will result in a much higher overall dps increase than only one dps getting a boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Yeah considering how awesome it was for aoe threat, go tank or go home! We gave our first (and only, stupid rng) to our MT and he used it through TBC as well.