Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lets be real here, nobody is paying for full sub for classic anyway... yall get retail in it aswell so even if you wanted to you cant pay ONLY for classic. :P

So technically its 2 mmos in 1 subscription...

What most people completely misunderstand when saying "why play it for full price" is the fact that you arent paying full price.... if you were you would ONLY get classic.
    But instead you are getting 2 different versions of World of Warcraft... so in that subscription you are getting twice what you used to get.

Literally subbing for real vanilla 15 years ago gave you less content than what you get when you sub for it later this year... its your decision not to do all that content, much like many choose between PvE or PvP and just as many do both.
    Last edited by Otaka; 2019-03-16 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I thought ya'll wanted #nochanges
    They thought they wanted that, but they didn't.

I'll be paying for it and it will be worth it, because quality doesn't age.

You pay for access to the server. You continue (as a choice) to pay for the access even when there's no content updates, sometimes for over a year.

Vanilla had a sub fee, making it a separate one from the main game wouldn't be fair to all the people wanting access to both. I imagine that very few of actual fans of Classic from the source (aka no risks of servers crashing, no corruption etc) take issue with the sub fee.

But then again, there was always going to be a lot of moochers playing for free or not at all making themselves heard.

The argument that they are just throwing out old content and no real updates and therefore why should I pay are pretty ignorant to the people working hard on recreating Classic and working on the project. It's already evident through their forum updates that there is a team doing lots to make it happen and meet expectations. The game will still need to be looked after by developers, even if we know how the story ends.
    The sub idea is great imo. I didn't play Classic WoW through it's original release and after years I am done with retail, however am more than happy to put my $15 a month towards a game I will enjoy. The fact that there is literally no gamble in how the game will play out is even better.
    The illusion of wanting a game to meet and exceed all the standards we place on it and then get it for a couple dollars a month? Yeah, nah.

I'll probably pay for a month or two, just to get to 60 and enjoy the experience. Then maybe another month or two to farm level 60 dungeons for gear. Whether I will PvP or raid is still up in the air. Why? Because it's so time-consuming! And raiding although in the beginning is fun, a few months down the line can start feeling like an obligation or work.

I played on terrible servers with horrible scripting while asking Blizzard for this for years.... Of course Im going to pay a sub for it. I've been wanting them to do this for close to a decade. Did you just NOT notice 90+% of the classic community begging Blizzard for official servers all these years?

This is such a hilariously strange question. Its like you guys have been in a coma. This is literally what we have been asking them for.

If you want free games you need to support micro-transactions within them.

i dont really understand why some people think server access should be a free/reduced sub. blizz still has to pay to keep the servers up, and they still have to pay gms for vanilla. just because its an "older version" of the game, doesnt mean there arent upkeep costs.

but no, i wont be paying a full sub just for classic. in fact, odds are i wont play classic for more than a week, and only if im in a particular bored nostalgic mood. i will, however, continue to pay my full sub just for retail. just as i have for the last nearly 15 years straight, even though i rarely play at this point.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is the OP really complaining about getting access to an alternative game version for free lol? Don't like it, don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be paying full price just for classic. It’s literally the only reason I’m coming back.

Classic is completely free. The decision comes down to if you want to sub to BfA or not in order to gain access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Classic is completely free. The decision comes down to if you want to sub to BfA or not in order to gain access to it.
    Technically at this point you're just paying for a WoW subscription to play World of Warcraft, regardless of which version you perfer. So its just another day ending in y. I could honestly spin this statement around to "BFA is completely free, comes down to if you wanna sub to classic or not." It doesn't matter in the end.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I mean it's pretty dumb to say classic is free if you're only subbing to wow for classic with no intention of playing modern wow, as more than a few people are going to be doing. (including me)
    It can be spun to hell and back to say you're paying for the privilege to use the official forums, but I'm going to be paying for classic while modern never even touches my harddrive.
    If you never use something and have no intention of ever using it for any reason then it's functionally the same as not having it to begin with.
    Last edited by Orbusg; 2019-03-17 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    That makes it not free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez people this isn't that complex...

if you play retail and want to dabble in Classic, the Classic is effectively free since it's not adding anything to the price you'd be paying anyway.

If you want to do the reverse (mainly play Classic and dabble in retail) then you can view it the other way around - you're paying for Classic and getting retail 'for free'.

If you only want to play Classic then Classic costs you the sub fee. If you don't want to pay it... don't. What's so hard about this? It's all about how each of us values these things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Jeez people this isn't that complex...

if you play retail and want to dabble in Classic, the Classic is effectively free since it's not adding anything to the price you'd be paying anyway.

If you want to do the reverse (mainly play Classic and dabble in retail) then you can view it the other way around - you're paying for Classic and getting retail 'for free'.

If you only want to play Classic then Classic costs you the sub fee. If you don't want to pay it... don't. What's so hard about this? It's all about how each of us values these things.
    I think you'd still have to buy the latest expansion to play retail?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I think you'd still have to buy the latest expansion to play retail?
    That's speculation. Only thing confirmed is that it's tied to the retail subscription.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    That's speculation. Only thing confirmed is that it's tied to the retail subscription.
    Not to play classic, but for the scenario where he pointed out you could try out retail while mainly paying the sub for classic.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Not to play classic, but for the scenario where he pointed out you could try out retail while mainly paying the sub for classic.
    Yeah I meant it that way too, you can play retail without the latest expansion and be subbed. Your account simply wouldn't have access to the respective locked expansions content. For example, I think the "baseline" account license has up to Legion content included, otherwise it'd be up to WoD content. You would have to buy the base game, but certainly not the latest expansion.