Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BFA M+ Season 2 special affix: Reaping

The season two affix Reaping will do the following:
    Cause all trash mobs killed every 20% of the progress bar (5 times total) to raise and rush your team no matter where you are on the map.
    So... who thinks this is going to be stupidly broken, and most groups will dissolve at the 20% mark the first time this happens? I doubt even the best players in the world could take on the trash of an entire dungeon at once on a 10+ key. Bolstering, volcanic, and explosive weeks will be essentially impossible.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    So... who thinks this is going to be stupidly broken, and most groups will dissolve at the 20% mark the first time this happens? I doubt even the best players in the world could take on the trash of an entire dungeon at once on a 10+ key. Bolstering, volcanic, and explosive weeks will be essentially impossible.
    Well Blizzard considers mythic+ a esport of sort now so they will evolve the mythic dungeon stuff around that. Pugs will hate it ofc.

Deleted
    Um, doubting this is real? They really don't want people to play this expac do they...

Deleted
    Do not start panicking this early. We definetly do not know how exactly it works. It will not be tuned in a way that makes it impossible. Think ahead.

It seems to n that these are not the mobs but some kind of ghosts.

So just chill my dudes

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    Um, doubting this is real? They really don't want people to play this expac do they...
    right? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    right? lol.
    It was front page in an interview with Afrasiabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdonna View Post
    Do not start panicking this early. We definetly do not know how exactly it works. It will not be tuned in a way that makes it impossible. Think ahead.

It seems to n that these are not the mobs but some kind of ghosts.

So just chill my dudes
    I mean, I'm suspecting that it's not going to just be the living mobs again as a debuff of some kind was datamined a while back. Still, though - do you really think blizzard will be able to balance this in any way, shape, or form?

That's because you're misinterpreting what you just read, the trash that get raised don't just become active mobs that you have to rekill. They are more like an avoidable attack just like a regular charge that you have to dodge because it's pretty obvious to anyone that you can't fight an entire instance worth of trash and survive regardless of m+ lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    That's because you're misinterpreting what you just read, the trash that get raised don't just become active mobs that you have to rekill. They are more like an avoidable attack just like a regular charge that you have to dodge because it's pretty obvious to anyone that you can't fight an entire instance worth of trash and survive regardless of m+ lvl.
    How is "mobs are raised from the dead and rush the party" being interpreted as "mobs aggro across the instance and have to be rekilled" any less valid than what you're saying? If anything, it's more realistic than somehow having to dodge a charge attack (which, by the way, is targeted and can't be dodged) from literally every mob in a dungeon. Besides, whom would the mobs aggro onto regardless? The healer, every time. It's virtually guaranteed this affix will be modified and/or nerfed the first week.

Well it's not literally the entire dungeon of trash, it's the last 20% of mobs you killed. ~13 mobs, we also don't know yet if they're the exact mobs or just a spirit type mob instead.

The final wave avoidable by killing the last boss and ticking the trash counter over to complete the dungeon negating the 5th wave.

Let's try some reading comprehension before you burst a blood vessel.

Cause all trash mobs killed every 20% of the progress bar (5 times total) to raise and rush your team no matter where you are on the map.
    So every 20% (0--20%, 20%-->40%, etc), the mobs you killed since the last reaping rush to your team. All mention of reaping before and the data mining suggests they are undead, so it's quite possible these will haunt us in a ghost form, travel through shit, and come straight at us. This has awesome implications for Blood DKs if they are actually considered undead at that point.

Nobody in their right mind thinks an entire dungeon's worth of mobs coming at you at once is tenable. Do you understand Blizzard programming at all?

Deleted
    Literally who has ever said what they love about dungeons is killing trash?

There's already too much fucking trash in this expansion, now all the trash will revive and you'll kill twice as many mobs as usual?

Fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    The final wave avoidable by killing the last boss and ticking the trash counter over to complete the dungeon negating the 5th wave.
    So CC the final 1% during last boss, down boss, kill mob, wave disappears.

Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt they will be at full strength or even have abilities, would make certain dungeons impossible where mobs heal for example
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post

There's already too much fucking trash in this expansion, now all the trash will revive and you'll kill twice as many mobs as usual?

Fuck sake.
    So remove all trash, add 5 more boss encounters per dungeon, and then start the timer on how long it will take you to start calling them trash bosses and that they should be removed from the game.

*yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Well it's not literally the entire dungeon of trash, it's the last 20% of mobs you killed. ~13 mobs, we also don't know yet if they're the exact mobs or just a spirit type mob instead.

That would still be a horrific, potentially wipe-filled experience but manageable... though the English is ambiguous and it could be either way. I suppose we'll have to wait for an interview with a fan site whose language is something which actually has accuracy in its grammar. (Note that I'm a native English speaker so I can bash how silly it is all I want.)

Or if we're being realistic, a blue post tomorrow hopefully clarifying because the official forums are trying to burn themselves to the ground (as always).

Quote Originally Posted by Connected117 View Post
    So CC the final 1% during last boss, down boss, kill mob, wave disappears.

Interesting.
    Yeah, I'm sure some interesting strats will develop from it.

I could see some gimmicky things being done in dungeons like Tol'dagor as well with cannons (unless they don't work on them like G'huun mobs, which is a likely case).

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post

Fuck sake.
    Trash is far more interesting than all these lame ass tank and spank bosses.

Kill them, then re kill them again. Thats not the end of the world is it

That would still be a horrific, potentially wipe-filled experience but manageable... though the English is ambiguous and it could be either way. I suppose we'll have to wait for an interview with a fan site whose language is something which actually has accuracy in its grammar. (Note that I'm a native English speaker so I can bash how silly it is all I want.)

Or if we're being realistic, a blue post tomorrow hopefully clarifying because the official forums are trying to burn themselves to the ground (as always).
    I'm feeling confident the raised mobs are a different type of mob, only a physical melee or something of the sort. Otherwise there will be some mobs you would obviously 100% avoid or borderline impossible. i.e. Shrine of the Storms Big elemental + Casters that need 100% interrupts or multiple healer mobs etc. Like to see how the stationary tentacles would rush you >.>

Would just make no sense, so logically it'll just be the ghosts of ~13+ mobs making it a large pack but manageable.

This affix sounds amazing for competitive groups.

tbh that fits m+ perfectly. It's gonna suck for pugs n shit, but then again, if it was up to me I wouldn't want m+ to be the MAIN thing of this game anyways, but something like arenas which is really made for competitive groups.

Mythic dungeons that get harder and harder (if you want better loot) and without a timer should be the default way on how dungeons should work. M+ is too much esports, too much stress and toxicity... it has simply no place in an MMORPG
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-11-12 at 09:49 PM.