Soloing Legion Raids

I've spent some time trying to solo some Legion raids on my Warlock - I currently sim at 14k DPS for a 3-minute Patchwerk fight with Feast, Potion and Bloodlust.

Heroic Emerald Nightmare

Trivial. The "bosses" are essentially just 30-second target dummies.

Mythic Nythendra

Her mind-control one-shots me. She melts rather quickly and I can literally stand in her breath without taking much damage, but then once she does her "Infected Minds" cast, I die instantly. I can either dodge everything on the ground and take about 12-15 stacks or just stand still, burn her and get to around 35 stacks or so before her cast goes off. Tried a few times and my best attempt got her down to about 48%.

Is there any way of resetting those stacks when soloing? However, considering that I got her below 50%, I believe this can be done together with a friend.

Normal Nighthold

Killed the first three bosses, then got bored because it was too easy, so I reset and did it on Heroic.

Heroic Nighthold

Killed everything except Krosus and Botanist.

• Krosus
      Tried to just burn boss, ignoring all the adds. Took a ton of damage very quickly and eventually wiped at around 37%. Not sure whether I can actually kill all the adds as I died without maybe 5 seconds or so of them spawning - so even with rapid target swapping it may not be possible.
    • Botanist
      Is there any way of resetting or avoiding his root effect? Could I do something with a pet maybe? The stacking debuff eventually got too high and killed me at around 55%.
    • Spellblade
      Need to kill the adds really quickly and stay in melee range. Took me a few attempts, but I finally killed him. When you get that ice-block that perma-stuns you, being in melee range next breaks it due to the passive cleave of my pet and imps.
    • Star Augor
      What the hell happened with this fight? The essentially removed all the mechanics, thus turning this into a target dummy. You don't even have to move at all. There is none of that stuff on the ground, no "Thing That Should Not Exist", nothing. And you can just ignore those small adds that spawn at the end, they don't seem to do anything.
      https://www.twitch.tv/videos/339202937

I also took one pull at Mythic Skorpyron, but was taking way too much damage and died fairly quickly. Maybe that's something a well-geared tank can do, though?
    Last edited by Taenaeris; 2018-11-22 at 08:44 PM.

Pretty sure there are threads in literally every class subforum with this info.

Imp should be able to remove the root on botanist.

Star Augur cast his spells on several players. If none but you are present he will only cast them once on you. The thing spawns on the tank, if your tank is a pet he probably wont cast it.

Turns out that you can actually do Mythic Nythendra as a Warlock as long as there is another person in the raid (which can be an afk 110).

I finally managed to kill her, dual-boxing with my level 110 Guardian Druid. The Druid is in Heroic Antorus gear with Prydaz, but it's not doing anything. It's entire purpose is to just stay alive to prevent the mind-control causing an instant wipe. As long as there is one non-mind-controlled player alive in the instance, the fight will continue - and the mind-control is just a 60 second channel, which you can simply sit out doing nothing.

The first time you get mind-controlled, you can just sit out the full 60 seconds doing nothing. If you keep her far enough away from the other character, then it won't take too much damage during this time; I did not switch to my Druid, just sat there watching the 60 second timer tick down.

Then once you're free again, it's important to dodge everything to avoid getting to 10 stacks before she does her second MC cast.

Shortly before she casts it the third time, try to get your stacks as high as possible, so you can die by standing in the stuff on the ground and then res with your soulstone - which resets stacks. However, you need to be alive again before her cast goes off or you'd wipe (the Druid getting MC'ed and you still being dead).

And then you just need to hit her with everything you have before she's casting it a 4th time. In the end, it was super close - I actually died when she was at 0.5%, but could quickly swap to my Druid and have it deliver the killing blow.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/339439027
    Last edited by Taenaeris; 2018-11-23 at 07:24 AM. Reason: added kill video