Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Considering they said many of the devs are playing mobile games now and that they shifted all the best devs to creating mobile games for every IP they got its safe to assume that they think announcing multiple mobile games will be better received than just a single one.

Plus there will be an announcement for the next WoW expansion where they try to add even more forced faction conflict and the storyline gets shittier and shittier.

It's just corporate damage control.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    After this years blizzcon failure they gonna need more than empty promises to make people hyped.
    Tbh this post said much enough. For now i only see empty promises and lies from J Allen Brack, so idk if i care anymore.

Its pretty common knowledge that every other Blizzcon is lackluster - WoW expansion announcements are just the biggest thing at Blizzcon, period. Everyone on Battle.net whether you're a SC2 pro or an OW player or a Destiny player all takes a 2-4 week break to play WoW expansions. You cannot say the same for a new OW hero or a new HS expansion or a new SC2 COOP commander.

So yeah, this one had fuck all, which means next one will by default have the WoW expansion. Another thing it will have is Diablo 4 gameplay OR a Diablo 3 expansion. Either would be super hype. The rest is standard run of the mill - HS expansion, SC2 coop commander, HOTS hero, OW hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Regardless of whether you are going or not there, I think it's still interesting to what might be behind it. Meaning, what exactly will make Blizzcon 2019 "special".
    Maybe it'll be the final one?

Why go there? Dont you guys have phones?!

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole Diablo: Immortal thing really has overshadowed what I think was a good Blizzcon. It's the panels I saw no one talking about which I loved. As someone who purchased the virtual ticket I really got my moneys worth.

there was so much I liked because as a former art and design and graphic design graduate I found a lot of the behind the scenes stuff so interesting. The Sound panels the graphic and art panels, the whole process about the games. No one talks about that stuff. Everyone is just talking about Diablo: Immortal and that sucks because there was so much good at Blizzcon this year.

The Stay a While and Listen panel. (aka Best Panel at Blizzcon), hosted by Darren DePauw was a treat. I will still buy a virtual ticket next year. Because its this stuff I love. The big announcements are only a part of why I buy it.

Shame that people these days especially on the internet are so driven by drama, that enjoying something is lost on them
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-13 at 03:56 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Considering they said many of the devs are playing mobile games now and that they shifted all the best devs to creating mobile games for every IP they got its safe to assume that they think announcing multiple mobile games will be better received than just a single one.
    I do think they'll likely announce another mobile game next year. Doubt they would do multiple, and doubt they would do the same mistake of making it the main announcement. But based on recent comments yea, I wouldn't be surprised if soon enough there's at least one mobile game on each franchise - and I think that's not necessarily bad, even though it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Also, the comment about next year Blizzcon might not be even be necessarily just about game announcements - it could be also about having planned something different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Why go there? Dont you guys have phones?!
    Careful with the salt, too much is bad for you

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is pretty much at the point where they have stopped caring about the people that made them so successful. That much was obvious when they casualized Overwatch by making it multi platform. The fact that they are more about shitty weeaboo mobile gamers than their core player base, is telling about how little they care about PC gaming. I don't really have a problem with multi platform games, but I do have a problem with developers who think they can take a dump all over PC gamers and basically tell them they aren't worthy of their development efforts. We are almost 20 years removed from WarCraft 3, the RTS genre has died out because developers have continually pandered towards making hardcore competitive online games rather than making games that everyone enjoys.

Maybe they'll hand out rotten tomatoes or eggs to throw at the people on stage. Now that might be worth the ticket price.

Hell Im just glad I didn't waste money on this blizzcon virtual pass, such a waste of money.

Well 2018 was a failure, so 2019 will probably be well liked just because of that. Unless ofc they announce more mobile stuff. That they already said they are working on, on ALL current IP's.

So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The whole Diablo: Immortal thing really has overshadowed what I think was a good Blizzcon. It's the panels I saw no one talking about which I loved. As someone who purchased the virtual ticket I really got my moneys worth.
    Definitely. Even without it, most people almost always completely ignore the panels and contests and only care about announcements. Basically, if it didn't have an announcement they REALLY wanted, it's a bad Blizzcon.

Honestly, to me the changes they made to the virtual ticket system was a lot worse than the Diablo Immortal drama. Not being able to re-watch the panels until about 1 day later (last year they were available a few minutes or at most hours after they aired) was bad, and will make me think twice before buying the ticket again next year especially considering the price increase (I mean, I ended up watching some panels on youtube because they were uploaded there before they were available with the virtual ticket).

But defenitely agree, the panels were really good and fun to watch, and even just the "regular" ones, ie the ones talking about last few months and plans for the future for WoW, Classic, Heroes, etc, were quite good. I missed the energy and charisma that Metzen and later Brode used to bring to their panels in the latest years, but there are some other developers actually stepping up a bit, even if only a fraction. The WoW panels in particular were very well presented, explained and full of jokes, which I really loved.

I don't know about "in your entire life" but surely next year they will reveal the new WoW expansion, even if it's a year away from a probable release date. BlizzCon certainly got knocked down the list of events worth attending thanks to this year's poor showing... they would've made out better simply not having the event rather than giving bad news and having their stocks crash.

Now that the B-team has taken over at Blizzard, i have no interest in going anymore (wish i had gone 5-6 years ago).

I feel bad for those people who bought tickets for this year only to be told afterwards by a blue that the diablo announcement would be disappointing.

To be fair, they are closing out the decade for the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Blizzard is pretty much at the point where they have stopped caring about the people that made them so successful.
    I think it's a bit self-centered to think that the fans made Blizzard successful. It's not like they made a kickstarter to fund the company, or that the current fans back then just gathered and decided to give money to Blizzard. They got together and funded the company initially with their own money. They made the games that we decided to buy because they were good. If they hadn't made great games, they wouldn't have been successful, regardless of us fans.

Simply put: They are successful because they made great games. And they owe that success to themselves, especially to the original devs who made those games that kickstarted the company, and to the founders who put their own money on the line to bring those games to life.

The fans and the communities that gathered around them are very important, but credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Taliesin & Evitel Do Games - they're fairly well known WoW youtubers Blizzard shills
    Fixed for the great justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The fact that they're having to shill for the next one this early, and this soon after the Immortal debacle, tells me it could be the last one if it doesn't go over well.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

There is going to be new Diablo game announced, most likely D4. There is also going to be new Wow expansion. No idea about the other games since OW will be circle jerking around OWL, there were even rumours about OWWC not being around next year. I wonder what they could come up with HS or Hots.