Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Classic boosting teams (in game boosting)

Since it's not against TOS to sell in game services for gold. Do you think it would be okay to sell in game classic services for retail gold? I personally don't see it as a problem and can see it being extremely widespread in the early release of classic.

Today we have:
    - IE leveling boosting.
    - Raid boosting with loot funneling.
    - M+ boosting
    - PvP boosting

Since classic gold is no good outside of classic, I would see people selling classic services for retail gold and there isn't anything currently in the TOS that outlaws it.

In classic we could have:

- Level boosting (grinding mobs/ spamming dungeons)
    - BRD boosting
    - Molten Core boosting with all loot funneled
    - bg honor boosting

I could see classic as a huge opportunity to make gold in the early stages of classic. The prices for MC clears with loot funneled in the first couple months of classic will go for outrageous prices I suspect. (since the first couple months is when all the hype will be active)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Since it's not against TOS to sell in game services for gold. Do you think it would be okay to sell in game classic services for retail gold? I personally don't see it as a problem and can see it being extremely widespread in the early release of classic.

Today we have:
    - IE leveling boosting.
    - Raid boosting with loot funneling.
    - M+ boosting
    - PvP boosting

Since classic gold is no good outside of classic, I would see people selling classic services for retail gold and there isn't anything currently in the TOS that outlaws it.

In classic we could have:

- Level boosting (grinding mobs/ spamming dungeons)
    - BRD boosting
    - Molten Core boosting with all loot funneled
    - bg honor boosting

I could see classic as a huge opportunity to make gold in the early stages of classic. The prices for MC clears with loot funneled in the first couple months of classic will go for outrageous prices I suspect. (since the first couple months is when all the hype will be active)
    No, I do not believe it'll be okay to sell Classic services for Live currency as Blizzard has already pointed out that they do not consider them connected. It would as well sound like a bigger scam option to do so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It would probably not be against the ToS, but i don't think blizzard supports cross game transactions, so you could easily get scammed.

Boosts existed in vanilla and they’ll most likely exist in classic too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Boosts existed in vanilla and they’ll most likely exist in classic too.
    Not what the OP questions.

OP Questions boosts in Classic paid via Live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    It would probably not be against the ToS, but i don't think blizzard supports cross game transactions, so you could easily get scammed.
    Oh, they don't even support boosting services in general, so a big no across products as well. If you get scammed, you're fucked. If OP's idea was possible, the scammer would have endless possibilities of just hide away.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    You won't get scammed if you know exactly who you're buying boost from. If you're one of those guys you buy boost off random guys in trade chat, yeah you will probably get scammed.

EU servers have plenty of legitimate discord boosting communities made up of multiple members from top guilds (Oblivion boosting community has a lot of Method players in it) And (Gallywix boosting community has various other top 100 guilds involved with it). Both these communities are almost 100% safe and legit (they only accept gold) and are boosting people through M+ and Uldir daily with 0 complaints.

Do your research and you won't get scammed.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-12-02 at 09:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be a booming business, will be REALLY hard to prevent this sort of stuff, besides its still sorta "ingame".
    I dont think Blizzard will try to stop these sort of services.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Almost 13-14 fucking years i never have seen boost till now it's becoming Fire widespread to sell for golds or *RMT*, I never like the ideas of them doing it. It feels like they are ruining the game experience for it.

Blizzard dont support in game gold transactions for services at all, even in the same game, on the same realm. They are not supported at all.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't get scammed if you know exactly who you're buying boost from. If you're one of those guys you buy boost off random guys in trade chat, yeah you will probably get scammed.

EU servers have plenty of legitimate discord boosting communities made up of multiple members from top guilds (Oblivion boosting community has a lot of Method players in it) And (Gallywix boosting community has various other top 100 guilds involved with it). Both these communities are almost 100% safe and legit (they only accept gold) and are boosting people through M+ and Uldir daily with 0 complaints.

Do your research and you won't get scammed.
    Although i agree there are much more popular / well known groups to purchase from, and yes, those are generally a safer alternative, your language is quite interesting. There is absolutely still risk involved with any transaction of this nature, as it is NOT supported by blizzard at all, so it is completely buyer beware. It is a good idea to stick with the bigger names for sure, but i wouldnt use the phrase "100% safe" even if you say "ALMOST" before it.

Truth is, any one of these groups can take the money and run at any stage, and there is nothing that can be done. Some of these groups blatantly scam 1/10 of the ppl they transact with, knowing full well that 90% of ppl saying they are great is enough to drown out the 10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard dont support in game gold transactions for services at all, even in the same game, on the same realm. They are not supported at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Although i agree there are much more popular / well known groups to purchase from, and yes, those are generally a safer alternative, your language is quite interesting. There is absolutely still risk involved with any transaction of this nature, as it is NOT supported by blizzard at all, so it is completely buyer beware. It is a good idea to stick with the bigger names for sure, but i wouldnt use the phrase "100% safe" even if you say "ALMOST" before it.

Truth is, any one of these groups can take the money and run at any stage, and there is nothing that can be done. Some of these groups blatantly scam 1/10 of the ppl they transact with, knowing full well that 90% of ppl saying they are great is enough to drown out the 10%.
    Sure I guess you can say nothing like that is 100% safe but those communities that I listed have not once ever been accused of scamming. When you're dealing with highly reputable organizations, the chances of you getting scammed by one is extremely slim. And let's say for instance you get scammed by someone associated with one of those communities, you could just report it to someone of higher rank in that group and they will most likely deal with it accordingly and make sure you get taken care of because the organization's reputation is on the line.

But my main point is that majority of the scammers aren't scamming from highly reputable guilds/organizations.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    And how you get the gold? That's right, goldfarmers..... Don't kid yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I guess you can say nothing like that is 100% safe but those communities that I listed have not once ever been accused of scamming. When you're dealing with highly reputable organizations, the chances of you getting scammed by one is extremely slim. And let's say for instance you get scammed by someone associated with one of those communities, you could just report it to someone of higher rank in that group and they will most likely deal with it accordingly and make sure you get taken care of because the organization's reputation is on the line.

But my main point is that majority of the scammers aren't scamming from highly reputable guilds/organizations.
    I think you bring up a very good point here, since their really is no mystery for Classic the top guilds if they so choose can quickly gear the Meta classes/specs, clear the content then begin to sell runs rather soon after. Since Classic is finite in its content (as far as we know) the ability to pay with gold on Live provides another lucrative revenue stream for what amounts to little effort as well as a welcome change of pace for the core raid team doing the selling.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Why wont it exist, it existed back in 2006, but most didnt know better or cared so only a few guilds actually asked gold etc.

As example when we were clearing Naxx back then because we had nothing else to do all day on Sunday, we would dedicate a few hours into clearing MC/BWL up until raid time with whoever wanted to come/still needed loot, mostly because OP offpieces, bindings for TF etc.

At least for MC, we would literally start with 10-20 of us, and rest lucky randoms from Orgrimmar, for BWL we would continue with how many guildies we were, eventually raid would get filled since it was Sunday, and after we were done with BWL, it was usually actual raid time, so Naxx wipes!

I remember at least 4 Sundays we did this, 12h raiding, mostly because a rogue went from full crap gear to full T1 + Corehound+Perdition cause he was the only random rogue in one of the 4 runs and the rogue that was there, wearing a mix of Naxx/AQ40 didnt give a fuck about Perdition.

Lucky bastard.

Considering we did it in 2005-2006, when game knowledge was still overall low, now with so many private server guilds ready to stomp Classic? It will get spammed to hell!

If they release raids with a delay as they are planning, then obviously not the first months, but i guess after 6 months it will be a thing.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-12-02 at 11:40 PM.

I could see classic as a huge opportunity to make gold in the early stages of classic. The prices for MC clears with loot funneled in the first couple months of classic will go for outrageous prices I suspect.
    If you think MC boosting will be a thing in EARLY classic you clearly never played Vanilla.
    There are 2-3 items per boss. Per 40 people. The chance that nobody needs a USEFUL item before BWL is released is close to zero. Sure you can sell trash drops that noone wants. For pennies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    If you think MC boosting will be a thing in EARLY classic you clearly never played Vanilla.
    There are 2-3 items per boss. Per 40 people. The chance that nobody needs a USEFUL item before BWL is released is close to zero. Sure you can sell trash drops that noone wants. For pennies.
    I think you're overestimating how much gear it takes to clear MC. You don't need to be fully MC geared to boost 5+ people through MC.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    What?.... Blizzard is perfectly fine with people buying in game services with in-game gold... I don't know where you got that from? Do you mean they don't provide a platform for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    What?.... Blizzard is perfectly fine with people buying in game services with in-game gold... I don't know where you got that from? Do you mean they don't provide a platform for it?
    He's right. Blizzard doesn't support it. But they do allow it.

I think you're overestimating how much gear it takes to clear MC. You don't need to be fully MC geared to boost 5+ people through MC.
    Clearing MC is not what it's about. Its about getting server 1st in BWL. Noone is going to sell you a piece that they need, and they will need for a LONG TIME.

Unless you are something like a hunter or a ret or something along those lines that they just don't bring to raids.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2018-12-02 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding to that the unknown: 1.12 Class tuning with no corresponding raid tuning would pretty much allow you to boost 10 people.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

The problem is that in vanilla getting gold is a lot harder than it has been in recent expansions. So most noobs won't be flooded with money to buy carries.