Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Would really love the TBC sparkles on herbs.

Since a lot of them are just obnoxiously hard to see.

Examples:

Lots of herbs are like this, either they're really really small, or they blend in with the ground around them, or both.

Adding the TBC sparkles to them so that you don't have to blindly hover the cursor around to find them, would be wonderful.

I know people will scream "NO CHANGES!!" but I'm fine with this one. Though if you are tracking herbs, they will show up on your mini map, so they can't be THAT hard to find.

How about the herb just run to you and jump inside your bag! This change would ruin classic! If things are not obnoxious and tedious, it is not vanilla!!!!!

But seriously though, yeah, it would be fine, why not? But it would probably have to be an option in the interface to the purists can get their "true vanilla experience"

It's not necessary with the tracking ability.

No changes.
    Edit Signature.

Nope. It`s Vanilla wow, not TBC. Isn`t that what you guys wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Nope. It`s Vanilla wow, not TBC. Isn`t that what you guys wanted?
    Some people wanted Vanilla. Some people wanted Vanilla + QOL enhancements. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have a minimap with yellow dots on it.

Unless the herb is actually bugged (under terrain/inside object), it's not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Some people wanted Vanilla. Some people wanted Vanilla + QOL enhancements. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
    It's too hard to realize we're not a hive-mind ¯\_(❛_❛)_/¯

Earth root is hard to see, not that example you gave.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not because I think there shouldn't be any changes, but because this is a simply a QOL change that breaks immersion. Herbs don't glitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes please. There's retail for QoL features. Vanilla WoW meant to be played in hardcore mode and that includes hard to find herbs.

Not needed, The tracking ability and your eyes are sufficient
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    No. Not because I think there shouldn't be any changes, but because this is a simply a QOL change that breaks immersion. Herbs don't glitter.
    Food does not make you go from near death to fully recovered in 10 seconds IRL. What was it about immersion again?

sparkling stuff in games is lame.

I'd rather not be treated like a child and would rather be left to do my own thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Food does not make you go from near death to fully recovered in 10 seconds IRL. What was it about immersion again?
    Nice strawman.

Glowing herbs is totally the same thing as recovering lost health. Nice one mate!

Gotta love all the people saying no changes despite the fact the demo itself has minor changes like Colorblind mode, small animation changes and lighting ones.

After years of herbing in Skyrim and Witcher 3, I welcome the "challenge" of herbing non-twinkly herbs in Classic WoW.

And, no changes!
    Last edited by kichigaijin; 2018-12-02 at 07:41 PM. Reason: no changes

Classic wow is classic wow...not wow + the changes you want. You have private servers if you want glittering herbs. Some other ppl wanted to play vanilla wow for free. It's like you/they want vanilla wow but not really.

If you actually farm a while you'll have no problem seeing all the herbs. After a while of farming they stand out even without the glow.