Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Blizz please fix demo

I think with a little wrinkling demo could be amazing... All you haveto do is that

Hand of guldan
    Sm1 shard cast_ 1 sec cast, 2 shard cast,. 5sez cast, 3 shards, instant cast....

That's gonna make sure b locks cast a right time. And that. 5 cast we don't need to do free up other dmg and allowed us to use our tyrant with dreqdstalker and vile fiend much more efficiently... Plus a 25% increase to shadow olds and maybe 30% to demonmold and the speck would be perfect... Maybe my numbers aren't 110% right... But will fix it.... Once we lose reoeigination away in next raid year... We will getvsegnificantly weaker way.... THIS DOESN'T FEEL GOOD PLZ...I HAVE BEEN BULLIED ABOUT ME PLAYIN MEMO LOCK IBJEQRLYBQUET THE GAME OVER IT. AND I Love playin my lock... Please fixnit

10+ Year Old Account
    Our numbers are fine. They need to fix the bugs inherent to the spec, give Felguard a baseline interrupt (or make it so Axe Toss is a kick for stun immune mobs at the very least, not perfect but better than now) Netherportal STILL needs love even after the 8.1 stuff and lastly and mostly we need a raid that has fights that play to our strengths.

Until demo gets a niche other than "stacked consistent AoE" (which doesn't happen much in raids) we'll be behind Aff and Destro.

My eyes...

As Phookah says, demo is good right now, the only thing that it needs is a interrupt and fix the bugs. And maybe some life quality changes like instant shadowfury or baseline demonic portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Until demo gets a niche other than "stacked consistent AoE" (which doesn't happen much in raids) we'll be behind Aff and Destro.
    That's my thought exactly. To be top you need to have some sort of very useful trick under the belt on top of good tuning, both Destruction and Aff have it.

That said, they could go brute force way - no niche, but simply overtuned baseline. That could work too and they don't really need that much there - another 5% bump and it's getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post
    My eyes...

As Phookah says, demo is good right now, the only thing that it needs is a interrupt and fix the bugs. And maybe some life quality changes like instant shadowfury or baseline demonic portal.
    Demo has an interrupt. It’s called Summon Felhunter. Yeah you lose a little dps, but at least you’ll kill the boss if it’s that needed. Also to OP. No Demo is fine. Easily the most enjoyable spec to play.

Deleted
    Demo is fine - in fact fun.

it might not WrEcKDeePs or whatever you want but yeah, its fun... in a game.

I really wish people would do one of two things with demo
    1)stop assuming we are shit because we don't tip the scales on the meta-game. We are fine mostly
    2) at least suggest shut that's not obviously your personal attempt to make us OP.

We need access to our interrupt and some more mobility to suppliment DC procs. That's basically it.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

All the lemmings went aff and destro. If the lemmings go to demo it will be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    1)stop assuming we are shit because we don't tip the scales on the meta-game. We are fine mostly
    2) at least suggest shut that's not obviously your personal attempt to make us OP.

We need access to our interrupt and some more mobility to suppliment DC procs. That's basically it.
    People can’t hold back it’s always like:

Make all our talents baseline
    Give us on demand burst aoe
    More mobility
    Instant cast spells
    Immunities
    Aoe stun
    More CC
    Etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Demo has an interrupt. It’s called Summon Felhunter. Yeah you lose a little dps, but at least you’ll kill the boss if it’s that needed. Also to OP. No Demo is fine. Easily the most enjoyable spec to play.
    I mean, you can be happy having to

Spend resources summoning a pet with a cast time
    Hoping you're actually close enough to said mob when the dog gets summoned for you to be able to interrupt immediately
    Hope the cast wasn't long enough that it didn't go off before you even were able to summon said dog

When literally every other dps spec in the game just has an interrupt button off the GCD, kudos for RPing the masochistic warlock!

However, I'd like to actually be able to use the pets and things that have thematically made Demo, Demo while not being a hinderance to the average dungeon group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    All the lemmings went aff and destro. If the lemmings go to demo it will be on top.
    Wrong, people went Aff and Destro because they actually have toolkits that can be used and abused on current raid fights.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2018-11-17 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I mean, you can be happy having to

Spend resources summoning a pet with a cast time
    Hoping you're actually close enough to said mob when the dog gets summoned for you to be able to interrupt immediately
    Hope the cast wasn't long enough that it didn't go off before you even were able to summon said dog

When literally every other dps spec in the game just has an interrupt button off the GCD, kudos for RPing the masochistic warlock!

However, I'd like to actually be able to use the pets and things that have thematically made Demo, Demo while not being a hinderance to the average dungeon group.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, people went Aff and Destro because they actually have toolkits that can be used and abused on current raid fights.
    The only boss you need an interrupt for is the second boss in Shrine. Everyone other boss can be covered by only having 1 or 2 interrupts, because the time between casts is so long. And there's only a handful of trash mobs that can't be stunned, but cast, however there are other people in your group that can cover those interrupts. I haven't really played Demonology and thought wow I could really use an interrupt right now, because Axe Toss does the same thing 98% of the time. And in many situations Axe Toss is better because it can stop things a normal interrupt can't.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-11-17 at 05:11 AM.

demo locks should have a 30sec cd interrupt that is off the gcd that summons a felhunter that does the spell lock, and attacks the target for like 6 secs. would be cool, thematically

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    demo locks should have a 30sec cd interrupt that is off the gcd that summons a felhunter that does the spell lock, and attacks the target for like 6 secs. would be cool, thematically
    It should not do dmg, bc that would mean you maybe would cast it as a normal dmg spell in your rotation.
    Just make the PvP talent "Call Fellhunter" baseline, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post

There's just game design 101 issues with the spec.

Immobile specs should have more throughput than mobile specs when they're able to turret.

Sustain specs should have more throughput than burst specs when they're able to sustain.

The issue with its design is the same as every other sustain spec in the game including aff, it needs to be "op" to be relevant. Its not enough to be "viable" with the way social stigma works within games. You need those moments to shine that blizzard talks about, and demo doesn't have them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.

I think it's the other way round. Make demo on top and the "lemmings" will gravitate to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The issue with its design is the same as every other sustain spec in the game including aff, it needs to be "op" to be relevant. Its not enough to be "viable" with the way social stigma works within games. You need those moments to shine that blizzard talks about, and demo doesn't have them.
    Demo definitely has a moment to shine, it's just that it's not a particularly desired one; sustained mass AoE. I switched to demo to clear trash and dear god does it wreck the mobs before Zul. Not even warriors could keep up once I got rolling. Problem being, who cares about clearing trash? (Outside of M+ obviously)

On topic, honestly, demo doesn't need that much. An interrupt for sure. Damage-wise it can use a small bump in pure ST, possibly through buffing the damage of wild imps and dreadstalkers. Not the damage of HoG and Dreadleash, but just their direct damage.

The rest is really just nice to have. It'd be cool to have a way to proc instant HoGs, through something like an azerite trait, to make movement more fluent. That said, Demo is already pretty damn mobile for a caster if you know a fight well and can spend shards + save DC procs when you know movement is coming.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2018-11-19 at 09:49 AM.

Hi it's me Blizzard, on my secret MMO champ account.

We'll get right on it buddy, it will be done after we finish the genderbend Demons, Voidwalker needs a purse!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Demo definitely has a moment to shine, it's just that it's not a particularly desired one; sustained mass AoE. I switched to demo to clear trash and dear god does it wreck the mobs before Zul. Not even warriors could keep up once I got rolling. Problem being, who cares about clearing trash? (Outside of M+ obviously)
    I haven't looked recently, but it hasn't been strong enough at sustained aoe to be relevant in M+ that I've seen (again, could be wrong here haven't looked recently). A spec that can dumpster people in aoe is sought after in M+ and yet everyone's still playing aff.

Destro is disgustingly strong in huge aoe pulls as well, if you have a mass amount of mobs you can pretty much just drop infernal + cata and then go afk and you do a ridiculous amount of dmg. The issue is that situation is not relevant in any serious play.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I haven't looked recently, but it hasn't been strong enough at sustained aoe to be relevant in M+ that I've seen (again, could be wrong here haven't looked recently). A spec that can dumpster people in aoe is sought after in M+ and yet everyone's still playing aff.

Destro is disgustingly strong in huge aoe pulls as well, if you have a mass amount of mobs you can pretty much just drop infernal + cata and then go afk and you do a ridiculous amount of dmg. The issue is that situation is not relevant in any serious play.
    The main reason you play demo is due to uts big aoe dmg on trash that does not necesary need to live too much and the thing that in order to do aoe dmg you dont really need cds (like aff and destro does with dark soul). I usually run demo at waycrest, freehold and ataldazar depending on the team comp, also a thing is that the lack of an interrupt makes demo fall behind vs other specs, since stuns have ddr on packs where usually some aoe stuns goes off meaning that there is less time to the next cast, also the fact that on high keys (+15-18 so far what i've done, but havent been pushing for some weeks), many bosses requires an interrupt, you can say you can go felhunter but you're losing dps so u rather go aff or destro. Those bosses are for example, 1st at underrot, 2 and 3rd and 4th shrine, and i might be forgetting some.