Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I haven't looked recently, but it hasn't been strong enough at sustained aoe to be relevant in M+ that I've seen (again, could be wrong here haven't looked recently). A spec that can dumpster people in aoe is sought after in M+ and yet everyone's still playing aff.

Destro is disgustingly strong in huge aoe pulls as well, if you have a mass amount of mobs you can pretty much just drop infernal + cata and then go afk and you do a ridiculous amount of dmg. The issue is that situation is not relevant in any serious play.
    With Demo, in general, I can keep up with a Destro lock popping his CDs on AoE depending on DC procs and how long the adds live. If DC doesn't really proc it's still strong, but if it procs consistently it's absolutely bonkers dps. If the adds are short-lived destro will beat it easily with cata+CDF.
    Does mean there are quite a few factors to it, but you're able to keep it up longer and more consistently due to the CD-less nature of Implosion. Again, this is going of the trash before Zul, which lives relatively long-ish (hurray for vague terms) and is chain-pulled.

Take what I say about M+ with a grain of salt; I haven't done any serious M+ in BfA. But from what I've seen what @Gnomognomo said is pretty much on point.

In M+ Demo is strong in longer-lived bigger pulls (say 4+ roughly), but it's very comp-dependant to play. Its ST is mediocre and lacks an interrupt, which is key in quite a few dungeons. In general the utility Demo brings is quite weak compared to a DH or Frost Mage, even if you factor in the HS and SS.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2018-11-20 at 08:47 AM.

Aye, Demo is amazing on sustained AoE/passive cleave and it definitely also has its moments on burst AoE as well. It does require a tank to regularly pull though rather than wait 10+ seconds between each pack.

Let's face it though very few specs rival DH/Frost in terms of damage and utility but Demo is definitely not as far down the food chain as people seem to think. The loss of a real interrupt and a purge is frustrating though to me.

What people also often miss is that Affliction does not have much burst damage outside of DG. I don't have fun with Affy now days until about a +12/14 Tyrannical and a +10/12 Fortified and I often run all levels to help out guildies. Even Destro loses its ooomph on sustained AOE after a while for me especially if you do not pull big so Demo fits the cleave/AoE part very well in my opinion.

All lock specs need “call fel hunter” 24 second cooldown, instant, baseline, and off the gcd like all the other interrupts from every other class. Not a PvP skill, a baseline pve ability. It’s already at least one expansion overdo. Having the axe work as an interrupt sometimes and a stun others is ugly coding and more work. Simpler to just give locks the PvP interrupt in pve as a baseline spell. Would fix so much.

Take it off the felpup and give him a spectral sight or even just a melee cooldown interrupt (12-15 sec cd) when he is out vs the 24 of most ranged interrupts we have baseline? Plenty of ways to go to fix it without much effort or risk of balance upset. Not like locks are anything but bottom of barrel PvP status.

Demo would be far more fun if you could play other talents too. Consumption would make it a 1.5 minute burst spec which sounds more fun to me then the 3 minute pendulums of destro and aff...especially as fights get shorter. All summons need to be instant and shardless as a QoL. Nether portal just needs to keep the graphic, spit out 3 or 5 doomguards, and be tuned to balance of 3 minutes cooldown. Please don’t force the horrible mechanics up our butts. Have the dignity to accept when customers don’t like your design iteration and move on. Same with doom...give us imp swarm in its place. Doom is such a unadvantageous mechanic who could possibly want to play that beyond tagging mobs? Demo is a lousy spec to multi dot or spread cleave that is destro or aff by miles...give us what fits thematically please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Having the axe work as an interrupt sometimes and a stun others is ugly coding and more work.
    It also wouldn't fix anything. It's honestly a pretty dumb suggestion allaround and if Blizzard actually did it that way it would hardly change anything about demo's viability in mythic+. There are huge differences between a stun and an interrupt. A stun cannot lock trashmobs out of a spell, so they often enough just start casting a very important to interrupt spell again after the stun ran out, which effectively achieves nothing. A stun doesn't get casters out of sanguine or help move them in any other way, like adding them into a pull. A stun will eventually be so DRed that it just doesn't do anything and so on.

The reason every class needs an interrupt in BfA is the trash. Sure, there are a few bosses that require an interrupt rotation, and axe toss interrupting there would help that, but demo would still be unable to interrupt any trash mobs, and in this expansion's dungeons pretty much every trash group has some sort of cast that needs to be interrupted.

The first 6 bosses you can play whatever and do fine. It's only when you hit Mythic Mythrax & G'huun where you are incentivised to play Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    The first 6 bosses you can play whatever and do fine. It's only when you hit Mythic Mythrax & G'huun where you are incentivised to play Affliction.
    Play what? affli on mythic? LOL destro all the way mate yes i did kill it as being destro and yes BTW affi is the worst spec atm.. even demo does better

Quote Originally Posted by DonMakavelix View Post
    Play what? affli on mythic? LOL destro all the way mate yes i did kill it as being destro
    Ofcourse you can, but say Mythrax you essentially waste damage on the new add by being Destro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    Ofcourse you can, but say Mythrax you essentially waste damage on the new add by being Destro
    Destruction is better than Aff for M.Mythrax because of the absolutely massive Flashpoint cheese. You can keep up that 1200 haste with a good 50-60% uptime, simply because of how add works on top of doing stuff like immolating MC if needed.