Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    If it was true that they tried to make leveling slower essentially to make more money (people more tempted to buy boosts or just spending more days subbed because of how much longer it took) then I wonder if they regret removing RAF bonuses too, so many people were buying extra accounts and gametime for those benefits. So much lost money for Blizzard if their goal was to take away all fast lvling ways to overall increase profits and it failed. :/
    That's because the conspiracy theories of random nobodies rarely contain a shred of logic.
    That's why they did the exact opposite by not allowing us to gain Heritage armor through RAF/Boosted characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    I really dont care about leveling speed lol

I got 22x level 100s during WOD, 11x female alliance and 11x female blood elves, 1 each class with the exception of an orc shaman and a nighelf druid, so yea I dont level characters anymore lol
    something is seriously wrong with you if you're male and have 11 female blood elves and 11 more females in alliance and feel the need to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    and how long can u keep that ? as someone who played in both legion and WoD, there is zero comparison
    unless u have literally entire day free or u do nothing but just log alt farm order hall resource, WoD model was very easy to farm gold on main + alts, Legion u have to keep farming order hall resource, and when u try to manage 12 class a LOT will drop
    reward for time consumption WoD is the highest still, if u'll count the sh8tload u need to farm order hall resource to be able to make missions then u should count same time in WoD era logging on alts cleaning old raids and WoD will beat my miles since old raids nerf didn't hit until after 7.1 or something
    Wrong. I could keep doing it forever, without EVER farming order hall resources. In brief, use the druid champion with -30% cost to do BoS missions, and use the other 6 classes with daily WQ completes on BoS or order resource WQs. This gives you enough resources to continue forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Wrong. I could keep doing it forever, without EVER farming order hall resources. In brief, use the druid champion with -30% cost to do BoS missions, and use the other 6 classes with daily WQ completes on BoS or order resource WQs. This gives you enough resources to continue forever.
    there are 12 classes, u describe only 7, and btw the WQ u can do are the non rare variety and offer sh8tty amount (like at best 500) and cost 150 to make
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They changed the leveling as a result of over a decade's worth of feedback.
    In the end, especially since they hide Heritage Armors for 4 races behind it, the change became too much of a hurdle and discourages people from playing.

Hence, they change it.
    And this is why classic wow will never overtake current wow in subs, unless Blizzard screws up royally. Most people nowadays don't like spending an eternity leveling, like quality of life changes (mounts, flying) and don't really want challenge while leveling, despite comments from the vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Can you explain the connection? Max-level characters aren't money generators this expansion, unlike WoD and Legion.

I mean, I guess you might make something like 30k leveling from 1 to 120, but that's pocket change.
    Lets see
    4 toons
    An emissary giving 2k about2 times a week
    16k in a week not mentioning professions or mats from scrapping or the random wq gold
    Or the 4k from soloing heroic brf

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by your mother View Post
    something is seriously wrong with you if you're male and have 11 female blood elves and 11 more females in alliance and feel the need to mention it.
    Just point me who else has done it!
    Yea Im special you see now.

Plays male characters, says he isnt gay... nice one mate!
    Staring at a black males ass for 12 hours a day isnt gay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    there are 12 classes, u describe only 7, and btw the WQ u can do are the non rare variety and offer sh8tty amount (like at best 500) and cost 150 to make
    I really need to spell it out, eh? You spend BoS on order resource caches, then send them to alts that aren't one of those 7 classes. This was enough to sustain gold missions forever.

Actually, it was enough to sustain gold and rep token missions forever. I was doing missions for rep tokens until like a month or two before BFA released, then sending them all to a human character to do paragon caches for mounts.

@zantheus1993: There are much easier ways to make money in BFA, herbing would completely dominate that. And I mean.. 16k/week? That's not much. I made that much per day in WoD from garrison missions alone. But if you're poor, I guess it's something.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-11-15 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    Just point me who else has done it!
    Yea Im special you see now.

Plays male characters, says he isnt gay... nice one mate!
    Staring at a black males ass for 12 hours a day isnt gay at all.
    (Ah, now that thread makes sense)
    Ignore him, people who say "If you're male and play female characters you're weird/gay" are idiots.

OT:
    It's a good change. I have most races at 110 already (convenient if there's a particular heritage armor I want) but it's good to know leveling will be less of a hassle if I ever decide to make a new character.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-15 at 11:23 PM.

Wont bring back that many people if at all. BFA is garbage and there is nothing coming in the future that will unfuck it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Awesome news. I stopped levelling all my old alts and focused on current characters. I guess I can start chipping away again.

OMG Thank the heavens Blizzard is partly undoing their royal fuckup regarding levelling XP.

There is no fucking reason to thank any deity because the changes weren't necessary in the first place. They got greedy on player time and character boosts and now that they've collected what they can get they are trying to go back partway and the last fucking thing anyone should do is thank them for it.

They do this shit all the time. Break something terribly, fix it halfway and then people lap up the shitty half-fix and are "grateful" for it.

Deleted
    i rather have them put the 40% nerf on 60-110.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    And this is why classic wow will never overtake current wow in subs, unless Blizzard screws up royally. Most people nowadays don't like spending an eternity leveling, like quality of life changes (mounts, flying) and don't really want challenge while leveling, despite comments from the vocal minority.
    True, so many people are going to really appreciate the QoL features once they truly experience Classic. Though it is nice that everyone will have a choice now. I think it is appealing to have a version of the game where you don't have to play catch up if you take a break, assuming Classic really does get no updates and stays around indefinitely. Any work you do will stay unlike the hamster wheel of retail. I can see myself playing both depending on my mood.

Good thing we are getting the two new races in 8.1! Just kidding!

Thank god - there are literally no RDPS out there pushing mythic content and nobody in my guild wants to level another alt because it's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    For those who don't know 8.1 is making all levels between 20ish and 110 take 30 to 40% less xp, speeding up leveling to where it was before 7.3 when they added scaling that made leveling way slower.

The neckbeards who celebrated 7.3 making leveling longer are gonna be so mad. My guess is that they slowed it down in hopes to sell more boosts, but their plan failed people didn't bite, so now theyre fixing their mistake in hopes itll bring back more subs.
    It's a welcome change, but keep in mind that the overall effect to leveling speed is only about a 26% reduction. So you'll spend maybe 22 hours to level 110 instead of 30. It's still a fairly significant amount of time just to START the current expansion content with an alt.

And they didn't address the real issue with leveling: The simple fact that nothing you do during that leveling process is relevant to the current expansion or a capped character. Acquisition of talents is still nonsensical, and character progression is mostly meaningless due to scaling.

As always, this is a tiny step forward when giant leaps are what's needed. It's a GOOD tiny step....but there's WAY more needed still.

Is it really back to pre 7.3 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    True, so many people are going to really appreciate the QoL features once they truly experience Classic. Though it is nice that everyone will have a choice now. I think it is appealing to have a version of the game where you don't have to play catch up if you take a break, assuming Classic really does get no updates and stays around indefinitely. Any work you do will stay unlike the hamster wheel of retail. I can see myself playing both depending on my mood.
    Yeah for sure. I didn't think vanilla leveling was so terribly god-awful that I'd never do it again, just that I prefer the quests from the Cata revamp and I liked heirloom armor helping the process along, along with other QoL stuff. I would play a capped server for that exact reason.

Yeah, I'm a bit salty. 1-80 were my favorite parts of the leveling bracket. Why nerf this and not the WOD bracket?