Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    God has nothing to do with xp nerfs.
    The way some of these people worship Blizzard, I think you might want to clarify that statement. XD

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't include rapid mind elixers for good reason. They're not always available, and when they are they're very expensive. Because of those factors they also pretty much need their own guide to avoid wasting them.

All in all it's not something I felt had a place in the guide, nor do I believe they have a reasonable place in discussions about regular leveling speeds or time investments required under the current version of the game.
    Oh for sure but that still doesn't change the validity of my statement just because you don't include them in some guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    For those who don't know 8.1 is making all levels between 20ish and 110 take 30 to 40% less xp, speeding up leveling to where it was before 7.3 when they added scaling that made leveling way slower.

The neckbeards who celebrated 7.3 making leveling longer are gonna be so mad. My guess is that they slowed it down in hopes to sell more boosts, but their plan failed people didn't bite, so now theyre fixing their mistake in hopes itll bring back more subs.
    I didn't care about the XP in 7.3.5, the success of that patch was making leveling an actual video game again. Engaging enemies required you to play some sort an actual game, instead of just running around dotting everything - "they just increased mob health, spamming frostbolt 13 times isn't better" except that classes have rotations, procs, cooldowns, etc. It was nice to actually play my class while leveling, AND to not be running zone to zone to zone... pre-7.3.5 you'd spend about 20 minutes in a zone and watch the quests go green and grey... and you're hoofing it to the next zone.

I hope that with the 37% XP nerf, that maybe we can get expansion brackets expanded, let TBC/Wrath be 40-80, Cata/MoP be 60-90, etc. As is, I'm done with an expansion in about 2 zones. I have absolutely zero problem with the overall time to max being less, but it would be cool to actually play expansions through while doing so. I'd rather hit up 2 expansions in a more deeper way than hop between 5 to get to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Now the old world will feel even more deserted... with people steamrolling all the previous content. It already felt empty enough
    You're one of those that just need to find something to complain about just for the sake of complaining, aren't ya?

14% more xp until Nov 30th, 10 day break, then the xp nerf, perfect.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This is great for heritage gear I am parking my toons since it is a waste of time to level them with this info.
    I really dont get why people levels alts just for heritage armor. You cant even use it on other races anyway and. there isnt nothing special about it.

Some people are serious collectors.

I'm a collector myself, but I don't really care about anything other than mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh for sure but that still doesn't change the validity of my statement just because you don't include them in some guide.
    I never said it wasn't valid. If you have them, use them! But the way your original statement came across sounded like there was a regular way to reduce WoD down to 2 hours. The elixirs are not normal, and will continue to be the exception, not the rule.

That's all I was pointing out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    I didn't care about the XP in 7.3.5, the success of that patch was making leveling an actual video game again. Engaging enemies required you to play some sort an actual game, instead of just running around dotting everything - "they just increased mob health, spamming frostbolt 13 times isn't better" except that classes have rotations, procs, cooldowns, etc. It was nice to actually play my class while leveling, AND to not be running zone to zone to zone... pre-7.3.5 you'd spend about 20 minutes in a zone and watch the quests go green and grey... and you're hoofing it to the next zone.

I hope that with the 37% XP nerf, that maybe we can get expansion brackets expanded, let TBC/Wrath be 40-80, Cata/MoP be 60-90, etc. As is, I'm done with an expansion in about 2 zones. I have absolutely zero problem with the overall time to max being less, but it would be cool to actually play expansions through while doing so. I'd rather hit up 2 expansions in a more deeper way than hop between 5 to get to 110.
    That's probably the easiest fix for them to implement. I'm not even sure why the game needed level brackets in the first place. Maybe to try and force new players to get a taste of each expansion or something?

Really, the moment you ding 20 a popup quest should show up: "The Horde/Alliance needs YOU! Choose your mission!" and then you pick an expansion and just level there from 20 to whatever.

Just like 20% total tho. Not nearly enough. 40+ and we are speaking, or 50% hp reduction in mobs

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Just like 20% total tho. Not nearly enough. 40+ and we are speaking, or 50% hp reduction in mobs
    The total averages out to 27.5% across the board less XP required, though the 40% is happening in the most dated content brackets - meaning a more significant reduction in the slowest / least enjoyable portions. Couple the total average with the new 10% XP + stat item, and you've got 37.5% + the slightly quicker kills... meaning it's much more significant than 20%.

The level farm was already a niche that even ion himself admits is bad right now, the chances are in the next expansion they'll prune levels but give them more value again so that content becomes relevent to the game once more.

Part of the core why many including myself hated the 7.3.5 leveling change was because it basically made it a pointlessly tedious chore to farm levels nobody asked to be that long.

It wouldnt be so bad if that leveling had actual meaning besides getting heirloom gear but that was legitimately the only real new motive aside from revamping it to make the allied races level slower.

It was... frankly, the stupidest choice blizzard ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    . Couple the total average with the new 10% XP + stat item.
    The what?

There's a new 10% exp potion for levels 110 to 120, and new exp heirlooms for battlegrounds. But I don't remember seeing any general use items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Now the old world will feel even more deserted... with people steamrolling all the previous content. It already felt empty enough
    It's the freaking PAST.

We have played that content already, why do we need to suffer through it for characters that will be leveled for the CURRENT expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    It's the freaking PAST.

We have played that content already, why do we need to suffer through it for characters that will be leveled for the CURRENT expansion?
    I just think that quick leveling should be an optional / switchable trait. There are people who enjoy storylines, completing zones, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I really dont get why people levels alts just for heritage armor. You cant even use it on other races anyway and. there isnt nothing special about it.
    Well the ones I made will likely become PvP only characters and I would likely race change my more used ones of double classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    It's the freaking PAST.

Becouse first of all mmo games are not supostu be played on multiple characters. Fact people own 10+ maxed out chars is straight up pathetic. You should be invested in 1 character and if you want more you should suffer everything what your main suffered. Way i see it. Current playerbase do no want to play mmo game. They want ARPG set in WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    60-80 got the highest nerfs, where it was DESPERATELY needed.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    It is sad that they force people to level 20-110 to get allied race heritage armor, while normal races will require exalted with city, scenario and level 120 of a character of that race. This should also be the same requirement for allied races.

With this, unlocking an allied race should no longer require exalted rep as well, which would increase the number of allied race characters.
    I think it's because maybe the field that registers if a toon has race-changed didnt exist previously. So they have no way to tell if one character was another race before allied races went live, just between then and now.

Becouse first of all mmo games are not supostu be played on multiple characters. Fact people own 10+ maxed out chars is straight up pathetic. You should be invested in 1 character and if you want more you should suffer everything what your main suffered. Way i see it. Current playerbase do no want to play mmo game. They want ARPG set in WoW universe.
    Well fist of all no, that's not true.
    Second of all you can blame blizzard for that. Up until ~Legion, when the pruning peaked, you could have been satisfied with playing 1 character, but now that the game is so shallow the only way to fill the void is to play multiple alts, the game itself supports that.

I can't think of anything more tedious than playing wow with one class. I have no problem if people choose to do that but unlike you i know i have no right to tell folk how to play a video game.