Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    For those who don't know 8.1 is making all levels between 20ish and 110 take 30 to 40% less xp, speeding up leveling to where it was before 7.3 when they added scaling that made leveling way slower.

The neckbeards who celebrated 7.3 making leveling longer are gonna be so mad. My guess is that they slowed it down in hopes to sell more boosts, but their plan failed people didn't bite, so now theyre fixing their mistake in hopes itll bring back more subs.
    Or they slowed it down because because players asked for it to be slowed down and are speeding it up because players asked for it to be sped up. The ones who would buy boosts will buy them no matter what because they just dislike leveling or don't want to/don't have the time to level a new character. Besides the only rough spot for leveling was the 60-80 grind, everything else was fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit salty. 1-80 were my favorite parts of the leveling bracket. Why nerf this and not the WOD bracket?
    Between the xp potion, heirlooms, and bonus objectives what is left to really nerf?

It's the decent thing to do and it is nice to see them put the breaks on some of the corporate greed that has gradually seeped and festered in every corner of this game. It's a drop in the bucket but I still like seeing it.

Now, if they start reverting back to more linear and non-horizontal reward systems, like adding back valor/conquest vendors and removing or restricting warforging in lieu of 3/3 valor upgrades, then they might start getting some of my respect back. Till then this is just a decent thing they did, but should have never fucked with in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's a welcome change, but keep in mind that the overall effect to leveling speed is only about a 26% reduction. So you'll spend maybe 22 hours to level 110 instead of 30. It's still a fairly significant amount of time just to START the current expansion content with an alt.

And they didn't address the real issue with leveling: The simple fact that nothing you do during that leveling process is relevant to the current expansion or a capped character. Acquisition of talents is still nonsensical, and character progression is mostly meaningless due to scaling.

As always, this is a tiny step forward when giant leaps are what's needed. It's a GOOD tiny step....but there's WAY more needed still.
    They should do a level squish, take out every level divisible by 3 for a start. Then add a heirloom trinket that is linked to the achievement for getting 3 toons to max level that increases your XP gain by 100%. This way if you enjoy leveling, then you don't need to equip it.

Yeah, I'm a bit salty. 1-80 were my favorite parts of the leveling bracket. Why nerf this and not the WOD bracket?
    WoD is literally 2 hours from start to finish now and even less if you have a friend help you set up the bonus objective turnins

I still see it as a design flaw for the game. I don't have the best answer to it but it seems like some inherent issue with level cap increases with each expansion.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Oh I thought this was going to be about 110-120 nerf.
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Oh I thought this was going to be about 110-120 nerf.
    :/
    Yeah man those whole 8 hours are just a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    They should do a level squish, take out every level divisible by 3 for a start. Then add a heirloom trinket that is linked to the achievement for getting 3 toons to max level that increases your XP gain by 100%. This way if you enjoy leveling, then you don't need to equip it.
    The entire heirloom system needs an overhaul as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah man those whole 8 hours are just a killer.
    I need it to be about 2 hours.

I need it to be about 2 hours.
    Guess you better unsub till 9.0 then eh

If you're that lazy you're gonna be too lazy to do anything after the fact so why bother?

Guess you better unsub till 9.0 then eh

If you're that lazy you're gonna be too lazy to do anything after the fact so why bother?
    There's no such thing as lazy in video game, and I don't piss away my time as easily as you do.

I leveled the 3 allied races i loved the heritage armor for, and after draenor orc, I was like "fuck that" in regards to leveling any more alts, even though i really wanted the dark iron one too. When 8.1 drops I'm def leveling an iron dwarf and a kul'tiran in 8.1.5 because of this nerf. Level 60-80 nearly cut in half, makes me so happy.

There's no such thing as lazy in video game, and I don't piss away my time as easily as you do.
    "I don't piss away my time as easily as you do" 1600+ posts on a wow fansite.

Then I'm gonna really go out on a limb here and say maybe you should stick to single player games.

Also there is 100% such a thing as laziness in a video game but hey keep making excuses I guess if it makes you feel better or whatever.

Then I'm gonna really go out on a limb here and say maybe you should stick to single player games.

Also there is 100% such a thing as laziness in a video game but hey keep making excuses I guess if it makes you feel better or whatever.
    I'll stick to whatever I please, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Good change.

It’s now time to do something at least about draenor flying. If it’s not remove the pathfinder, at least halve the requirements or at least double the rep gained from quests.
    I agree and especially with how far less demanding Legion's Pathfinder ended up being. The sad reality is it's doubtful they will do that.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Because the WoD bracket is already stupidly fast due to treasures. O_o

- - - Updated - - -

WoD is literally 2 hours from start to finish now and even less if you have a friend help you set up the bonus objective turnins
    That seems like an exaggeration, or based on outdated info. Id like to hear the details of this 2 hour speed run so I can add it to the guide.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-11-16 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That seems like an exaggeration, or based on outdated info. Id like to hear the details of this 2 hour speed run so I can add it to the guide.
    Well first off your guide doesn't use rapid mind elixirs at any point which despite being removed before Legion are still available on the AH (There are 6 alone on my server right now for 45k each). Pair that with what I mentioned about getting a friend to help you set up all the Gorgrond rare item turnins and bonus objectives combined with the garrison xp pot and heirlooms and yeah it's about 2 hours.

Obviously if you can't fly it's not that easy.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-11-16 at 04:54 AM.

Well first off your guide doesn't use rapid mind elixirs at any point which despite being removed before Legion are still available on the AH (There are 6 alone on my server right now for 45k each). Pair that with what I mentioned about getting a friend to help you set up all the Gorgrond rare item turnins and bonus objectives combined with the garrison xp pot and heirlooms and yeah it's about 2 hours.

Obviously if you can't fly it's not that easy.
    I don't include rapid mind elixers for good reason. They're not always available, and when they are they're very expensive. Because of those factors they also pretty much need their own guide to avoid wasting them.

All in all it's not something I felt had a place in the guide, nor do I believe they have a reasonable place in discussions about regular leveling speeds or time investments required under the current version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    For those who don't know 8.1 is making all levels between 20ish and 110 take 30 to 40% less xp, speeding up leveling to where it was before 7.3 when they added scaling that made leveling way slower.

The neckbeards who celebrated 7.3 making leveling longer are gonna be so mad. My guess is that they slowed it down in hopes to sell more boosts, but their plan failed people didn't bite, so now theyre fixing their mistake in hopes itll bring back more subs.
    i think their plan had 1 fatal flaw . boosted toons did not unlock heritage armours.

if it would unlock it plan would work without doubt . and they would make millions

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This is great for heritage gear I am parking my toons since it is a waste of time to level them with this info.
    Im going to park them at lvl 60 where the big drop happens. Usually I would have said why speed lvling up, but when adding all those heritage ach even I get bored lvling.