Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pokemon Generation 8 Will Be An MMO. [Speculation]

- This project requires more time than ever before, so they gave us Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee as a Dragonball Z-style filler episode galore.

- Switch has the power first time ever to support such and undertaking.

- When asked about the project, Masuda and other developers answered questions specifically posted here on MMO-Champion.com

- Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee were testing the waters of +1 additional player as a feature in those games

- It all comes together.

Setting: Australia

- Every player catches their own starter Pokemon

- Map is divided into Cities and the Outback

- New Pokeball types with returning Johto Balls as ultra exotic trade goods

- Player mentoring system with stat benefits for mentor and trainee Pokemon alike

- Optional voice chat and type-chat system.

- Player to Player Item trading introduced along with trading Pokemon

- Players may breed their respective Pokemon with each other. With a chance of 0-Nx eggs for both participants.

- PvP introduced - with betting a given sum of money beforehand - but in some areas unconsensual PvP may occur
    2v2 and 3v3 Player battles introduced

New Feature: Uniqe Individual Pokemon Differences

- Small differences in coloration and patterns specific to individual pokemon caught - along the lines of Magikarp differences in Magikarp Jump: https://magikarpjump.gamepedia.com/Magikarp_Fishing

- Accessories for All Pokemon: belts for Machokes, Collars for Stoutland, Mirrors for Mr. Mime, differently paterrned spoons for Kadabra etc..

- Minor differnces in pokemno shape affected by stats: For example: Attack heavy pokemon are more buff. Special attack heavy pokemon are thinner, defense heavy are fatter and weigh more etc... (This also changes as stats change)

- Scarring after battle with certain Pokemon - can be healed away or chosen to keep and heal by itself

New Feature: Outback: a Region-Wide Safari Zone

- In the Outback many new previously undiscovered Pokemon species can be found

- Free for all PvP Zone

- In the Australian outback, players can build camps and bases over the zone. They can also lure various Pokemon to their camps with berries and an assortment of items.

- The cities remain as focal points for recovering from adventures PvP turned off here.

- Crocodile Dundee is the Final Boss (I'm cereal)
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-11-15 at 10:07 PM.

You make Alex Jones look credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    You make Alex Jones look credible.
    He used to be credible until the early 2000's.

"Proof inside" yet there is none.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck would FFA pvp work in Pokemon?

Given that this is speculation and there's no proof of anything, I've updated the thread title to avoid confusion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell nah, let the poor game be a game instead of this weird "social experience" that modern mmos try to be.

Pokemon with encouraged PvP and social interaction would be lame af.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given that this is speculation and there's no proof of anything, I've updated the thread title to avoid confusion.
    Yet the very first points raised are proof enough for anyone.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-11-15 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Yet the very first points raised are proof enough for anyone.
    lol.

1. They are going to a newer, much more powerful system than they had been using for the past decade. Pretty sure that would be a reason behind the process taking a bit longer this time.
    2. Unlikely, as most Nintendo online games use P2P connections. Nothing they have done suggests they have set up the switch to be able to support an MMO, and marks could be taken away due to it being handheld.
    3. Citation Needed. I doubt he even knows this site exists.
    4. Multi-battles have been in the series for a few generations (Pokémon World Championships have even had side-tournaments that were Multibattles even) so a Co-op mode is neither entirely new nor an indication that we will see an MMO from a company that had stated that they aren't going to do an MMO for the series.
    5. He come on flattop, he come grooving up slowly. See, I can make cryptic statements that don't really mean anything at all too.

So no, there is no proof.

- When asked about the project, Masuda and other developers answered questions specifically posted here on MMO-Champion.com
    what in the

Deleted
    I mean.... They said it would be traditional. I really doubt they're gonna make it an mmo that's not very traditional

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    G'day mate. Toss another Clauncher on the barby!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Hell nah, let the poor game be a game instead of this weird "social experience" that modern mmos try to be.

Pokemon with encouraged PvP and social interaction would be lame af.
    I disagree, but a lot of that social experience stuff in MMOs are right up my alley. I think that, if done Properly, going for a social experience with a Pokémon MMO would be really amazing... but the "Done Properly" bit will be tricky. But if they do succeed at it then it would definitely give WoW a run for it's money as Most Popular MMO of all time, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    G'day mate. Toss another Clauncher on the barby!
    Australia or South America would be two interesting ideas for Pokémon Regions. IIRC the dev team was spotted in Germany a few years ago, so maybe we'll "go" there next?

Part of the core appeal of Pokemon is that you can play it anywhere on your own time. You don't have to play in a living room, you don't have to play while you have internet connection. You don't have to play with other people. You buy the console, you buy the game, you can play whenever you like. I sincerely doubt GameFreak would ditch one of the core aspects that made their series so appealing. If there's a Pokemon MMO, it won't be replacing the mainline handheld RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    if i reached up my own ass, I'm sure i could pull something out that is much more credible than this garbage = /
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    lol.

1. They are going to a newer, much more powerful system than they had been using for the past decade. Pretty sure that would be a reason behind the process taking a bit longer this time.
    2. Unlikely, as most Nintendo online games use P2P connections. Nothing they have done suggests they have set up the switch to be able to support an MMO, and marks could be taken away due to it being handheld.
    3. Citation Needed. I doubt he even knows this site exists.
    4. Multi-battles have been in the series for a few generations (Pokémon World Championships have even had side-tournaments that were Multibattles even) so a Co-op mode is neither entirely new nor an indication that we will see an MMO from a company that had stated that they aren't going to do an MMO for the series.
    5. He come on flattop, he come grooving up slowly. See, I can make cryptic statements that don't really mean anything at all too.

So no, there is no proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is you fucking heathens. watch at 3:04
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-11-16 at 06:38 AM.

HOLY SHIT GameFreak actually browses these forums!?!?

And here I was thinking that Japanese developers only really bothered to read Japanese boards, Tweets, and 2ch at the most

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    HOLY SHIT GameFreak actually browses these forums!?!?

And here I was thinking that Japanese developers only really bothered to read Japanese boards, Tweets, and 2ch at the most
    in a word: yep.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is you fucking heathens. watch at 3:04
    He also said, "Not sure if it's going to be 40 hours"

What MMO doesn't even last 40 hours? That's antithetical to the whole idea of an MMO.

in a word: yep.
    In a word, Game Informer found some message boards to show them so they could respond to it. I doubt staff that are non-english speakers are browsing english only message boards and forums, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    He also said, "Not sure if it's going to be 40 hours"

What MMO doesn't even last 40 hours? That's antithetical to the whole idea of an MMO.
    yeah more like 400 hours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In a word, Game Informer found some message boards to show them so they could respond to it. I doubt staff that are non-english speakers are browsing english only message boards and forums, dude.
    well, you are are always entitled to your opinion even if it should turn out to be wrong.