Thread: Four factions??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Rather than forcing a hard split between players, it would be much better to copy the Aldor/Scryers design from TBC. Where you choose to align yourself with one group at the cost of the other, but are still able to join a party with anyone in your faction. It allows for interesting story telling and rivalries between factions without also dividing the playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Whenever I read the name "Sylvanus" I immediately stop reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Edited. Thanks for your kind notifcation.
    What a Freudian slip.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenNPC View Post
    I can't see Belves sticking with the Forsaken. I can't see Draenei eschewing humans and the light to join night elves and worgen in the dark. Also what about Allied races? Nightborne would never hang around the undead. And Zandalari wouldn't waste their time with orcs. No one wants pandas around. Honestly factions are retarded. No factions. Only nations.
    Lol i forgot that panda's existed..
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I do think they're setting up little interest groups within the factions, but I don't think they'd ever split them.

Honestly it's somewhat better this way. I never liked an all orcish presentation bc it's just as boring as the human variant. Having humans and orcs be the face of the factions is good for marketing, but alienates players who like the others. Having the story develop so that each race has more of an identity in the story, is better for the players who enjoy them. This way players can feel better represented and choose the side they like.

Like selfish parties who band together only for self interest? BE, NB, Goblins, Zandalari, Undead.
    Want to party with your boys? Tauren, Orcs, Trolls, HM, Mag Orcs.

Wanna be as edgy as possible, while staying noble? NEs, Worgen, VEs, Draenei, LF, DI Dwarves
    Love Lotr? Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, KT Humans
    I'd probably put regular Draenei in that lower group, as I think Lightforged should be written as being more like a Draenei-flavor of the Scarlet Crusade being far more militant, zealous, and happy to purge infidels whereas the standard core Draenei are more merciful and purehearted than that.

But yeah, if they went this way it would be a lot better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    That would entail blizzard having a writing staff that finished at least High School level creative writing.

This is Activision now, not blizzard. The story will be pure shit garbage. Mark my words, next expansion will suck ass too. They'll put in a few features that are "new" when in reality they're features they took out and readded. Nothing extensively new will be added. Except some new stupid item for grinding stupid power levels.
    Don't forget Alliance will never be bad guys ever again, they're the normal looking folk and Activision always let the humans be the bestest.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Deleted
    While it would make things interesting from a story POV it will never happen cause it would split guilds.

The only thing that can happen is a merge of the factions and some NPC led factions split, but the player characters stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    while lorewise it would make sense...
    we have to think of the gameplay as well.

splitting the playerbase into even more chunks?
    i dont think thats such a good idea.
    wow is after all mainly a pve game.

i'd rather something happened that forced a single faction, meaning, no faction.
    and warmode would be free-for-all.

my idea:

azeroth is born. planet shatters into pieces. outland-style, only A LOT more.
    and every week those pieces re-align to create new random maps with random world bosses. (decent ones, not like now)
    add to that a bunch of jumping puzzles, and riddles, with fun rewards on the other side..
    and the "world" will feel much less of a daily routine chore.

and since there wont be any factions, sharding could be based around ilvl.
    so that the content is challenging every time.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-11-16 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    Remember, they said Battle For Azeroth will be a faction war.

They didn't say Horde and Alliance, so I'm leaning towards new factions being a thing by the end of this expansion ir the start of the next, in some shape or form.

Undead with blood elves and goblins? what?

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It would only work if the 4 factions were not at war with each other but just operated separately.

So Humans & Night Elves for example are not each others enemy. There just is no more Alliance.

That way they still can enter each others city without being attack. The problem with doing a full break up between The Alliance and Horde is that this game revolves around the Alliance and Horde and you can't just take that away fully because then its not this game anymore and I imagine if you suddenly told Orcs they couldn't play with their Forsaken friends they are in a guild with that you would piss off far more people than you would make happy. 4 factions would work for a Warcraft 4 but not in this game unless it was only a friendly split and the night elves for example are still allies of the Humans when it makes sense just no one is their boss. They have no High King.

Won't happen unless there's a Warcraft 4 in between.