Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Hate to say it but you may just be a terrible monk if you struggle with soloing with gate as a monk of any spec, it's literally the most safe of any of the classes to do it.
    I'm not a monk, I'm a DPS. I play WW, Hunter and Mage, with WW as main.

On topic, if you can't do it with literally a 100% consistency, it's a waste of time. Sure, you can *claim* that you can do it every single time as BRM or MW, but that's a lie, isn't it? Perhaps the warlock will be forced to move too far and the gateway will despawn, perhaps you'll have a lagspike, perhaps you'll be dead, perhaps you misclick, perhaps you'll chi torpedo just a bit too far to the side. There's also times when you won't be able to attend. Which means the team as a whole is best off having as much people knowing how to run the orb as possible. In teams of two. If there's a monk or any other class that can reliably solo it - great. If not, every new player who will be running the orb for the first time has a high chance to mess it up, and thus possibly the attempt.

The literally only advantage of classes soloing the orbs is speed, and its an advantage significant enough that people started looking at this tactic seriously, risking wipes if need be.

I get it why you're so excited about soloing it, its a good skill to have. But only valuable to the raid leader & raid team if you're consistent enough they can forget about all the potential issues that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I'm not a monk, I'm a DPS. I play WW, Hunter and Mage, with WW as main.

On topic, if you can't do it with literally a 100% consistency, it's a waste of time. Sure, you can *claim* that you can do it every single time as BRM or MW, but that's a lie, isn't it? Perhaps the warlock will be forced to move too far and the gateway will despawn, perhaps you'll have a lagspike, perhaps you'll be dead, perhaps you misclick, perhaps you'll chi torpedo just a bit too far to the side. There's also times when you won't be able to attend. Which means the team as a whole is best off having as much people knowing how to run the orb as possible. In teams of two. If there's a monk or any other class that can reliably solo it - great. If not, every new player who will be running the orb for the first time has a high chance to mess it up, and thus possibly the attempt.

The literally only advantage of classes soloing the orbs is speed, and its an advantage significant enough that people started looking at this tactic seriously, risking wipes if need be.

I get it why you're so excited about soloing it, its a good skill to have. But only valuable to the raid leader & raid team if you're consistent enough they can forget about all the potential issues that come with it.
    Literally all those things apply to the other solo's as well, on top of their more risky solo's. You claimed there were other more consistant solo's when there aren't, warriors and demon hunters have a lot more ways they can fuck it up than monks can. I am not trying to claim I'm some amazing monk as I'm not but as far as things within your own control you should never fail it and should be able to have 100% consistency as all it takes is click orb, walk a few steps to gate, click gate, roll in the general direction of the hand in and then press transcendence at the end, you have so much room for error in terms of both time and direction with the rolls that there is no reason to mess it up.

Besides the whole solo thing is more of a pug thing as having people coordinate duo's is a lot harder there, and if you're in a guild group you really shouldn't be struggling with heroic g'huun at this point and if a that unlucky dc or whatever happens, just call out and have someone go up to help him, the exact same thing you'd do with a duo where one of them dc'd.

Sure if you're in a guild outside of top almost 15k world and is still progressing heroic then what you say may be relevant as guilds at that level are likely not to be amazing players nor have the best attendance or connection so in that case it is probably best for everyone to know how to do it. But for all the others just farming and for all the pugs there's no reason not to solo it if you can, and monks are the best class in the game for that, regardless of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    You claimed there were other more consistant solo's when there aren't, warriors and demon hunters have a lot more ways they can fuck it up than monks can.
    You're quoting me out of context. What i said "there are other classes that can comfortably solo or duo it". Comfort also includes not having to worry about healing and tanking.

We could do this all day, but it's a waste of time. You are adding little of value to the topic that's basically asked and answered by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    You're quoting me out of context. What i said "there are other classes that can comfortably solo or duo it". Comfort also includes not having to worry about healing and tanking.

We could do this all day, but it's a waste of time. You are adding little of value to the topic that's basically asked and answered by the OP.
    Beats spreading misinformation like you are doing. And I'm not taking anything out of context, you stated that other classes should do it over monk, which is just wrong. There is nothing to heal on 3/4th orb, not having a monk healer or tank solo there if you have them as there is no need for their healing or tanking at that point, while a dps on 4th at least is damage the boss.

You'd make yourself look a lot less silly by just admitting that you were wrong instead of trying to argue around the point.

"The real answer is, if you're not a Windwalker, you should't solo the orb, because it's not worth the risk nor the loss of precious orb timings, when there are plenty of other classes that can comfortably either solo it or duo it. "

Here we got exactly what you said, nothing about the healer and tank part is mentioned but you do mention risk and loss of orb timing, neither of which are correct. Just please stop trying to tell monks not to solo so we can end this stupid discussion.

Stupid topic but i did learn i could statue up on the edge for our rogue or druid to jump to when one of our other orb people screws up and needs a backup. Very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Stupid topic but i did learn i could statue up on the edge for our rogue or druid to jump to when one of our other orb people screws up and needs a backup. Very valuable.
    That's a great tip.

I don't see a reason not to do it solo as MW. Takes you 20s at the start of the fight where there is not much to do anyway, to position your teleport. Then when needed it takes like 5 gcd once you grab the orb (move to gate, gate, torpedo, torpedo, port). No cleaning, no running, no possible fail, faster and safer than most "duo".

ofc, setting up your transcendence beforehand, I made a macro for ww:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=20 Tiger's Lust, Transcendence: Transfer, Roll, Flying Serpent Kick, Roll
    When the orbs spawns, I click the orb, and just hit one button over and over until I get to the end.

Positioning of the Transcendence is the same distance as your FSK. There is plenty of time to stand on the corner of the orb spawn point, use FSK, land, place, and roll back to orb spawn point. By the time the first orb is done, your movement cd's will be available again. Also, place kinda close to the side, nearest the main room and right before the FSK in the sequence, angle your camera directly at the deposit point. If done properly, you almost don't need that last roll. ezpz no warlock needed.
    Last edited by Klean; 2019-01-09 at 11:38 PM.

I solo the left side as MW in mythics.

We do a reset pull to allow us to set down warlock portals, my statue for others to use to get up to the middle, and my Transcendence at the end.

I basically use the first lock portal, two Chi Torpedo. Then transfer to the end to deposit orb. Put Transcendence down again, for the second solo run in P2 when the debuff runs out. It takes me and the WW monk soloing the right side, only a few GCD to do it and saves so much time.