Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This is how you fix Warmode

No amount of extra rewards is going to make anyone put up with being 5v1'd or 10v1'd. None. So this is how you fix warmode. If your zone imbalance reaches a threshold of one faction out numbering the other faction by lets say 3-1. Then the outnumbered faction in that zone would receive a buff, for example:

Courage of the Alliance: Health and damage increased by 150%.

That is 150% for a 3-1 ratio, increasing by 50% for each tick of imbalance. Yes that means if you are outnumbered 10 to 1 and your town is completely overrun (this happens often for alliance) you would receive a zone buff to your health and damage of 500%.

No way! That's totally broken and OP! Everyone would turn on warmode just to be a God mode player!

Thaaaaaaaat's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And once people turn on that warmode so that they can be a PvP raid boss, they will quickly notice that buff powering down as more people turn it on. Or just Horde fleeing the zone rather than fight you.

Also, they'd just have to make it so the buff didn't work in PvE.

And then balance was restored. You'd have your level playing field, one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just making guards actually do something would help too tbh. Sometimes people just camp flightpaths, especially in Drustvar, and you cannot do shit.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just too late. Alliance aren't interested in Horde war mode nonsense anymore.

Have fun in your empty war shards.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    No amount of extra rewards is going to make anyone put up with being 5v1'd or 10v1'd. None.
    False, give me 500% xp boost and I'll look for exploits to double the War Mode buff lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Or maybe they are like me and just don't like pvp. Why is a game that is almost an exclusively pve game so worried that people don't want to play in warmode. Pvp is useless and any game with a pvp bias usually fails or has so few subs it has to go free to play.

I remember this in Wintergrasp. And we still cornered the Alliance on their spawning point. I have screenshots of it because I actually enjoyed killing them even more with their huge buffs on.

The buff would have to be so insanely high that it would be able to deal with rotations of CC (on different DRs), high number of interrupts, being attacked from all directions. You can't really make it unfair, because if it's against all odds then the Other faction will just not bother (what's the point to organize a raid if you can't even kill ONE member).
    There's simply no such thing as balance. Nobody really does world pvp for balance (no matter what they say).

Deleted
    Yes, please.

I am tired of one faction having a constant 10% bonus for nothing and the other has to earn that 10% by fighting a huge imbalance.

I am tired of not being able to kill anything on my Alliance alts, because I can't kill anyone in 10v1.

I am tired of not being able to kill anything on my Horde alt, because there's no players to kill.

I am tired of having to use that stupid port to SW to turn on my Warmode and then port back to Boralus. Why can't I toggle Warmode in Boralus???? How much diferent would that be? There's litteraly a portal to SW right there. It just takes the extra minute. I would also love to being to toggle warmode anywhere (maybe just in rested areas, or one particular big city in each zone)

Warmode is extra fun (well, not extra fun, it's just as fun as World PvP used to be back in the days) And I would love to take part in it, but right now as it is, I have to turn it off most of the times, because I am constantly being overrun in unfair fights.

EDIT: There's something messed up with the shards.
    Before 8.0 and the whole Warmode stuff, I wasn't able to safely tag and kill any MoP world boss. Simply because when I arrived to the spawn point, there was always like 30horde players and one or two alliance (if any). I don't understand this. There's about 51vs49 balance between the factions on all EU realms, why am I being sharded with no ally? Sometimes I would realm hop (not on purpouse, just maybe I was in some other premade while killing the world bosses) and I would be put on a Alliance shard. Like, there was 30 alliance players and one or two Horde.

So ther's clearly a balance between Alliance and Horde, but blizzard doesn't shard them together for some reason.

Another problem with shards is premade groups. If you make a group of 40people for WPVP in Zandalar, you bring a large chunk of players to one shard. If the other factions creates a 40people group to counteract your group, they bring a large chunk of players in one shard. And the automatic sharding mechanic won't put two large groups of players in one shard together, because then there would be too much players and it would lag (which defeats the sole purpouse of realm sharding). So the 40player chunk of hordes get sharded with the odd one or two Alliance players just peacefully doing their WQs. And the 40player chunk of Alliance gets sharded with the poor one or two horde players.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2018-11-16 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    The major problem right now with warmode is that there are very few shards with alliance players in them compared to the number of shards with only horde players and 0 alliance players.

The problem this creates is that horde that wants to pvp to either do the weekly quest or farm honor creates honor farming raids/groups by getting invited by a player inside one of the few shards that contains alliance players. What this means is that basically every alliance shard will contain either a full raid of horde or a good number of groups with horde that only wants to kill alliance players, they don't care about the WQs. They will either camp WQs or alliance flight paths for hours.

So while the shards themselves may be fairly balanced in numbers, the alliance in the shards are generally players that are not grouped up that wants to complete WQs asap, while many horde players in the same shards are grouped up and only play in those shards to kill alliance players. This creates a very unbalanced pvp experience even if the actual player numbers are matched in the shards.

You can somewhat solve this by putting players in raids in separate shards, but you will still have the horde honor groups roaming and killing alliance.

Also this is just a bandaid-fix, somewhere Blizzard has to try and balance out the faction imbalance between alliance and horde. That can only be done by giving advantages to the alliance over the horde otherwise no one will ever switch. For example even if Alliance gets increased WQ rewards with warmode on in 8.1, I still think most alliance players would prefer the horde version of getting 10% more resources on empty enemy faction shards like the majority of the horde shards are right now. So most people will still reroll horde in the end because they prefer to do WQs with no extra difficulty.

First fix they should do is to remove bonus AP/gold completely. Then players who only interested in bonus, not PvP will turn it off. 90% of players turn War Mode on for bonus, not for PvP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    First fix they should do is to remove bonus AP/gold completely. Then players who only interested in bonus, not PvP will turn it off. 90% of players turn War Mode on for bonus, not for PvP.
    The whole point of the bonus is to accommodate for time spent skirmishing with the opposite faction. Without it nobody would turn it on at all because it would take too long to so anything without compensating.

- - - Updated - - -

No amount of extra rewards is going to make anyone put up with being 5v1'd or 10v1'd. None. So this is how you fix warmode. If your zone imbalance reaches a threshold of one faction out numbering the other faction by lets say 3-1. Then the outnumbered faction in that zone would receive a buff, for example:

That is 150% for a 3-1 ratio, increasing by 50% for each tick of imbalance. Yes that means if you are outnumbered 10 to 1 and your town is completely overrun (this happens often for alliance) you would receive a zone buff to your health and damage of 500%.

No way! That's totally broken and OP! Everyone would turn on warmode just to be a God mode player!

Thaaaaaaaat's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And once people turn on that warmode so that they can be a PvP raid boss, they will quickly notice that buff powering down as more people turn it on. Or just Horde fleeing the zone rather than fight you.

And then balance was restored. You'd have your level playing field, one way or another.
    They did something similiar when there was faction imbalance for Wintergrasp was really fun.

There is an alternate way to rebalance pvp. Create expansion only war factions like Aldor vs. Scryers and make players list themselves to one of both whether they come from the alliance or horde, giving incentives to try to reach 50% 50% balance, especially rewarding good pvp players to join either factions. After the end of the expansion, that faction war ended and a new dual faction could arrise on the next expansion.

Asking horde players to faction change to rebalance the pvp system will never work, so they should artificially remake the pvp balance once more.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    https://imgflip.com/memetemplate/223...ackie-Chan-WTF

This is how you fix it

FORCE IT ON FOR FORMER PvP SERVERS!!!

And if you cry in the corner like a little girl when you got ganked, then go reroll on a PvE server where you can turn off warmode you carebare cuck.

Outdoor content stopped being relevant when raids and m+ opened up.
    Up untilt hat point i were runnign around ganking every filthy horde in sight as we were clearing the worldmap of WQ's daily.
    Now theres no point, and we are always outnumbered at meetingstones for the dungs so it really isnt vialbe (it wouldnt even be viable in an even setting of 50/50 as you dont want worldpvp to slow you down when running to dungeons).

The only thing "fixing" warmode will accomplish is to reduce the amount of hordes having it on since once its even it will be just as big a hassle for them to summon ppl to the instance so they will opt out aswell.
    Leaving warmode for the few that doesnt care about being efficient in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    It's just too late. Alliance aren't interested in Horde war mode nonsense anymore.

Have fun in your empty war shards.
    Speak for yourself, not everyone is afraid of human contact.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with a system like this is that it'd definitely be abused, and it would just cause the imbalance to get even worse, since far from everyone in any given shard will participate in fights.

I see this as a playerbase fault rather than a system issue. The system is the same for both factions. Player will just flock to the most advantegeous choice.
    If you join a Counter Strike match, where both teams have the same number of players, but one team is winning 10 to 0, which side will you join? And what about the other players joining the match, do you believe they will go to the losing side or wait while spectating until a spot shows up on the winning team?

Horde was always more vocal regarding PVP, and I dont believe any developer choice will fix human behavior. What can ease this a bit is improving rewards for the Alliance, but the faction imbalance will always be there.

The other option would be for Alliance to decide a Shard they want to dominate and have interested players migrate there.

They've tried this before in Wintergrasp. You know what happened? Even with massive buffs to player health and damage, the swarm from the other side still wins through sheer healing/damage/CC.

Sorry, your idea has been tried and it failed.

You know what's worse than being 3v1'd? Is losing a 1v1 because the other player has an OP buff. (Yes, 1v1 fights can still happen in an unbalanced shard)

It maybe would be fun for the players with the buff, but not for everyone else.

It *could* work at making more alliance players turn on war mode, but at what cost? And will most alliance players even be aware of this change and have the trouble of going to Stormwind to re-activate war mode only to be OP in world pvp - but only until it is balanced again (assuming it goes according to plan)?

I think increasing number of guards near flight masters, as well as the 8.1 planned changes to warmode and incursions, is enough. The rest is up to the players. You can't force players to want to do world pvp.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be cool with the tipped scales big buff and bigger reward. I don't world PVP often and when I do, it's just with a small group to go around smashing random Horde that show up. In that case, double or even triple HP/damage would be an absurd buff and make it a total stomp session so I'd be fine with it. Hell an organised 5-man group can easily kill a disorganised bunch of 10 scrubs as it is and that's the majority of shitty Horde you see anyway.

Is it going to fix anything on a larger scale? Absolutely not. I'd only want it to curbstomp random shitty Horde like I do anyway with a completely unfair advantage. I would have to be crazy to not want that. I never use war mode, it's trash. If there was an unfair advantage from it like that, I'd still never really use it except to fuckass around but I do that anyway because again a small group of 5 dudes is going to shit on random Horde that are just there for the free buff. If that can be made funnier/easier, sure. If not, don't care. Warmode is a free Horde buff and everyone knows it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    This is how you fix it

FORCE IT ON FOR FORMER PvP SERVERS!!!

And if you cry in the corner like a little girl when you got ganked, then go reroll on a PvE server where you can turn off warmode you carebare cuck.
    So you mean like now? Where you can decide to opt into wpvp or not?