10+ Year Old Account

[Looking For] Folks who have worked/work in videogame production

Hi friend-o's.

My name is Joshua, and I'm a PhD candidate at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm looking for a few interviewees for my dissertation project regarding how space, architecture, workflow, and work culture intermingle in videogame production spaces. Potential candidates will have worked in North American videogame production for at least one contract cycle, or 6 months (whichever you fit). Game/company/position largely doesn't matter for this portion of my project; QA workers, coders, art/bg/music asset designers, project managers, writers are all ideal candidates.

Basically, I want to talk to you about your experiences with the physical videogame production spaces that you worked in: what your relationship to those spaces was, how those spaces shaped you, how you shaped them, and what your overall experience with the culture of those spaces was.

The goal of this project is to start providing documentation of areas of game studies scholarship that has gone almost completely un-researched in an academic capacity: the culture of videogame production and what the relationship is between the physicality of those spaces and the bodies that work in them.

If you’d be interested in participating in this, I would be more than willing to talk to you more on this thread about this and can DM you the materials that we’ll be working off of so you can get an understanding of what questions I’ll be asking, what information I am looking for, and what points of conversation I’d really like to spend some time discussing. No identifiers of you as a person will be recorded either via interview, written project, or possible publications from this work (no names, no screen names, age etc., no company names/project names).

If y'all have friends/guildmates/etc who may be interested in this work, feel free to show them this thread!

*****My IRB protocol number for NCSU is available upon request, my research methods have been approved and granted 'exempt' status, and has been granted special permission to not require signed, formal consent. Threads/DMs/emails/Discord ID and Server associated with this study will be deleted at the end of data collection: March 20, 2019*****

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey just a lil bumpie boy happening here. I'd still appreciate anyone who is interested! Feel free to DM me.

Someone who would fit that description and might be willing to give an interview would be James Portnow from Extra Credits
    https://becausegamesmatter.com/james-portnow

youtube link
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ExtraCr...able_polymer=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Someone who would fit that description and might be willing to give an interview would be James Portnow from Extra Credits
    https://becausegamesmatter.com/james-portnow

youtube link
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ExtraCr...able_polymer=1
    Good looking out! Thank you so much for mentioning James. I'm always a little bit scared to contact folks that are public facing like James and the Extra Credits folks, but James really does slot in well to what I'm looking at. I sent an email so cross your fingers! Thank you again for reminding me of Extra Credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthburt View Post
    Good looking out! Thank you so much for mentioning James. I'm always a little bit scared to contact folks that are public facing like James and the Extra Credits folks, but James really does slot in well to what I'm looking at. I sent an email so cross your fingers! Thank you again for reminding me of Extra Credits.
    No problem. James seems to be very approachable and seems like he would be willing to help up and coming game designers

Looking for folks singers, MUST HAVE ukulele

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Looking for folks singers, MUST HAVE ukulele
    Good contribution! Thank you. If you have any friends who work in videogame production, let 'em know I'd love to interview them for my PhD.