Catchup gear in 8.2?

I haven't been subbed since September, leveled up 4 toons and then decided to wait.

I heard there was catchup gear in 8.2, can someone give me the cliff's notes on how it works exactly? Thinking about resubbing just to gear up and maybe so some LFR or something.

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    I haven't been subbed since September, leveled up 4 toons and then decided to wait.

I heard there was catchup gear in 8.2, can someone give me the cliff's notes on how it works exactly? Thinking about resubbing just to gear up and maybe so some LFR or something.

Thank you in advance!
    It's on the front page or second page of this site everything you need the know if you take the time to read it...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

The Benthic gear system? The post should still be on the front page, basically new WQs of elite quality drop 385 armor slots and you farm pearls from other WQs to buy ilvl upgrade tokens. The tokens are currently BoA and stop at 430ilvl which is rumored to be Heroic Palace quality.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...y-9-10-DLC-677

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    The Benthic gear system? The post should still be on the front page, basically new WQs of elite quality drop 385 armor slots and you farm pearls from other WQs to buy ilvl upgrade tokens. The tokens are currently BoA and stop at 430ilvl which is rumored to be Heroic Palace quality.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...y-9-10-DLC-677
    Thanks a lot man! So the WQ that drop 385 gear, that's not scaled right? So no matter the ilvl i am it will be 385?

Thanks a lot man! So the WQ that drop 385 gear, that's not scaled right? So no matter the ilvl i am it will be 385?
    Unless things change it's a baseline 385. To make my life easier personally I'm getting the toons I play the most to 400+ now so I can funnel Benthic into only 2-3 slots instead of the whole shopping list.

Probably yes, because its Benthic gear.
    But the world quest gear rewards are the equivalent of spending 5 pearls.

What i want to do is buy all Armor slots of Benthic asap (paying attention to world quests in hopes you save 5 pearls)

THen is just a matter of farming on all your alts and main.

BUT we dont know if the 430 ilvl upgrades will be available at day 1.
    Maybe they will only unlock later.
    Either way...happy farming i cant wait to start

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Probably yes, because its Benthic gear.
    But the world quest gear rewards are the equivalent of spending 5 pearls.

What i want to do is buy all Armor slots of Benthic asap (paying attention to world quests in hopes you save 5 pearls)

THen is just a matter of farming on all your alts and main.

BUT we dont know if the 430 ilvl upgrades will be available at day 1.
    Maybe they will only unlock later.
    Either way...happy farming i cant wait to start
    Very nice!

Yea I'm considering subbing for a month just to get those toons some gear and mess around a bit. My 4 120's literally have leveling greens and I want to make sure by next expac they have at least some decent gear.

I'm pretty much over playing WoW full time, but want to be just be caught up once my son grows up and we can play together.

you can gear up really fast currently with minimum effort. I ran time-walking dungeons that dropped 365 gear and then I just did world quests for any gear that was up over a few days and my alt already surpassed my main on neck ilvl. I've played him like 8 hours at level 120.