Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    out of touch devs are out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course it will stay, it's good for the longevity of the game.
    "Good for the longevity of the game"

*nothing but complaints and sub loses since its advent*
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp Blizzard really is shooting itself there, not in the foot but the head.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole View Post
    I'm fine with Warforged... Titanforged can go.

What do I think? That this is not something anyone should be surprised by?
    All the systems in the game are built around the idea, and a vast majority of the issue presented by the system is wholly a psychological issue and not a game play one.

Think about every major complaint people bring up and you'll come to realize it all deals with their PERCEPTION of the issue, not the issue itself.

The only objective critique I can think of is that it adds way too much valuable gear into the game, and that makes the game easier than it should be.
    But you never see people talking about that, because they obviously aren't willing to think about giving up what they have already to make the game have better pacing and more control of the progression.

Ion said it best though.
    Titanforging is too rare for anyone to be this upset about.
    If you think you need a titanforge for the item to be an upgrade, then you are either doing the wrong content or you have an unhealthy perspective.

You still get 385 gear from Mythic raiding every time a boss dies.
    You just also have a chance to get 400.
    Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend but at this point I have to feel like Blizzard needs to employ psychologists instead of game designers.
    It seems like every major issue the game "has" is all based on how it "feels" instead of the actual design of it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Titanforged is completely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The loot system was perfect in WotLK and Cata. Nobody complained about getting their BiS loot too quickly and getting bored of raids because of it. Another case of Blizz trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. Just like they have a habit of redesigning classes/specs when they finally reach a stage where everything is working properly and it feels fun to play, while they insist on keeping bad/broken talents/mechanics in the game for many years before finally removing/redesigning them after ages of complaints from the players.
    Yeah thats why they had to give out diablo3 for free with 6months gametime because nobody was bored of dragon soul in the middle of patch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I wouldn't mind Titanforging and Warforging IF the content you're doing is relevant, and your item level has peaked in that particular content, to the point your chances of getting WF/TF increases.

An example being, say I only do heroic raids and I am fully 370 raid gear slotted. At that point the more I run that heroic raid, or the more I do M+10, I will be more and more likely to receive a TF/WF, since the only way the "longevity" exists is if my odds increase, not constantly stay the same, to obtain an upgrade. Whereas if I was 363 ilvl, and I was doing that heroic raid, my odds of getting a WF/TF are drastically lower, because I can still obtain upgrades. The same applies to World Quests and your respective item level.
    Last edited by La; 2018-11-17 at 02:42 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Major debbie downer right there. Guess I'll continue to never waste gold on enchants until I get the ultra-super-mega-forged item. And continue to shake my head as I replace Heroic Uldir loot with a random World Quest emissary reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I'm not talking about numbers at all. Gambling with 99% odds is equally much gambling as with 0.001% odds. I do not think loot is gambling, therfore tf is not gambling.
    gamble usually has sh8t chance of reward but require no effort, gear isn't gambling
    but still TF chance to get is roughly 0.001%, u can't plan it, and if it drops it will make u want to smash ur pc, u can try run the mythic raid for months without ever see that chest u need TF to be BiS, so it make u unable to be satisfied to log on alt afraid of lose the 0.01% risk of get BiS on main, and if u stay on main u'll get bored as f8ck extremely fast
    TF f8cked the game longevity, but blizz pride - as usual - stop them from doing the right thing, the game had far more players prior to LFG yet they still insist on keeping it, why ? if that is how casual players 'stay to play', why the sub numbers literally say the exact opposite ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If titanforging is still existent then....

Whats the point of mythic raiding?

I can just go run some casual M + 10 and obtain the same piece of gear, easy. Not worth dedicating my gaming life to a second job where I have to apply to get into a M guild and pray I don't get benched or maybe not all 20 people show up that night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still surprising that people are still complaining about this shit. I wish tf was in the game when I was still running ICC and SoO when I had all of my BiSs.

Then again these are probably the same mental cases that actually believe that the QoL addition s added to the game from Wrath-WoD are the reasons for the massive unsubs instead of Blizzard doubling down on shitty decisions and calling players bad.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Make mythic raids drop the highest possible ilevel, and don't touch how anything else works. Simple and Done.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah thats why they had to give out diablo3 for free with 6months gametime because nobody was bored of dragon soul in the middle of patch.
    No, that's not why they did that. I fail to see how the annual pass had anything to do with how WoW was doing at the time. At all. RMAH was a thing. They gave ppl who bought the annual pass D3 for free to promote the game to WoW players who might otherwise not have tried it, since they expected to make tons on the RMAH anyway.

Also, ppl were bored of WoW at the end of Cata because Dragon Soul was a shitty raid and 4.3 was the laziest major patch they had ever done in WoW to that date. The end of Cata had a lot or problems. The loot system was most certainly not one of them, considering the same system was used during the first half of Cata, which was fucking great, and all of WotLK, which most ppl hold as their fav expansion today.

Nobody complained about the loot system before ToT either. TFing was originally added as a way nerf the raid over time, just like VP upgrades.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2018-11-17 at 04:32 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody complained about the loot system before ToT either. TFing was originally added as a way nerf the raid over time, just like VP upgrades.
    so thunderforge +6 is fine but warforged +10 is bad... alright

Unless ofc you are not a mythic raider and you dont get 385 baseline, which that again means you probably only have one or two pieces that even come close to mythic raiding, while as mythic raider you got 385 pretty much in every slot excluding maybe an unlucky slot or a special trinket.

But we all know who always complains about titanforging, special snowflakes that dont like it, that bobby in lfr got an item with a close-ish ilvl as mr. 1/8 "mythic" raider.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-11-17 at 07:02 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Titanforge gives people a reason to keep playing and redo content. Which equals more played time which equals money to investors and stock brokers. So its definently not going anywhere. Dont matter if it's fair or fun its money and that's what they want.
    Engaging content gives people a reason to keep playing and redo content.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course it will stay, it's good for the longevity of the game.
    No. It increases the amount of time it takes to accomplish a task. It only increases the longevity if it doesn't also convince people to stop playing the game, which it already has.

Titanforging would be so much more fun if it was a currency you stocked up and then spent on the items you wanted to titanforge...
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

determination and farming currency over time would eventually allow everybody to catch up
    Yeah, that sounds like great fun! /s

In the past, finally getting your BiS weapon or BiS trinket was an awesome feeling. Legion retained that feeling to some degree whenver you completed your Tier bonus, but for some reason Blizz decided to remove that aswell going into BFA.
    It is always nice to get a good upgrade. BiS was always just a semi-arbitrary checklist. I'm glad the game now has far more options and that more and more people realize that different trinkets, traits and stats all have their situational uses. I do miss the Legion legendaries though. Having out of combat swappable traits to deal with upcoming situations was great.
    ¨
    The gear that gives you the by far most rewarding feeling in BFA, are the 385 Azerite pieces. Guess what? They use the OLD system without retarded WFing or random sockets.
    Guess what: it is by far the worst gear system they ever introduced.

The loot system was perfect in WotLK and Cata. Nobody complained about getting their BiS loot too quickly and getting bored of raids because of it
    Were you even around? A 'Raid or Die' only PvE endgame of tediously having to 'cap' a currency every week, and checking of boxes on a 'BiS' list until you were 'done' which couldn't come soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    If titanforging is still existent then....

Whats the point of mythic raiding?

I can just go run some casual M + 10 and obtain the same piece of gear, easy. Not worth dedicating my gaming life to a second job where I have to apply to get into a M guild and pray I don't get benched or maybe not all 20 people show up that night.
    Do you not math?
    First of all getting 385+ guaranteed with a regular TF chance is by far not the same as getting a 370+ with a much lower TF chance. M+ is by far the least reward for effort in the game. Ask any regular M+ runner, which I am guessing you are not. Secondly: if you are purely running Mythic raids for the ilvl loots, that sounds horrible. We all like loot, but I would hope you also like the raid progression itself.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-11-17 at 07:44 AM.

I've not been able to play since losing my computer to technical issues I can't afford to handle yet, but I doubt I'd be coming back to the game with this news in mind.

Between the continued trend backwards in class design, lore shenanigans, lack of attention to key specializations (Of which, I only played one more than a bit) that are mechanically "a disaster", and the ever-worse state of gearing, I just don't enjoy the game as much as I used to anymore.

When I am able to return to gaming, chances are I'll be giving FFXIV a shot. Despite the lack of customization in gearing or playstyle, at least classes seem to retain a high level of depth, while being able to do difficult and challenging content if I desire to step into it, all without having to worry about slot machine after slot machine of luck on gearing for optimal reward, with nonsensical justification for such systems to remain in place.