Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Alliance Let the Alliance raid Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon!

A major complaint about BFA is that the Alliance don't feel like a threat to the Horde. That's because the Alliance is always on the defensive. The Alliance's major offensive is attacking Zandalar, a Horde leading "ally" at best, a Horde leaning neutral at worst, and trying to get Darkshore and Arathi back, two kingdoms that has traditionally been Alliance turf. The Alliance is defending multiple fronts on their own turf, while the traditional Horde: Quel'thalas, Orgrimmar, Thunderbluff, Azshara, are all fighting proxy wars without a care in the world. Their fighting distant battlegrounds far away from home while the Alliance has been fending off invasions.

Why can't the Alliance invade a Horde city for a change? And what better city than Quel'thalas?

The Blood elves has too many notable characters and unresolved plot threads.
    Blood Elf heroes that are alive include: Lor'themar, Aethas Sunreaver, Rommath, Lady Liadrin, High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher, Koltira Deathweaver.
    Then there are the blood elf villains who are still alive: Lorash Sunbeam was raised as an undead, Thalen Songweaver (the Sunreaver's spy responsible for Theramore's fall) is still alive and free.

Plus what about the plot about Alleria wanting to liberate Quel'thalas and bring it back to the Alliance. Alliance leaning dissidents have been happening ever since the Burning Crusade expansion.
    Lyria Skystrider and Priest Ennas, are still being mind controlled by Priest Kath'mar to spew pro-Lor'themar propaganda. They would be excellent candidates to become void elven revolutionaries once freed of mind control, and we need more void elf heroes aside from Alleria and Umbric. I want to see a void elf uprising in Silvermoon.

I want to see how Lor'themar reacts to Sylvanas raising more blood elves into undead like Lorash if the Thalassian elven rebellion goes poorly. Hell, what if she started turning rebels into San'layn so that they don't defect to the Alliance.

I want to see why Death-Hunter Renthar Hawkspear has such a hatred of the undead. I have a feeling Sylvanas had a hand in turning his people into wretched as a political machination or something. And whatever happened to High Priestess Aurora Skycaller?

TLDR: Horde lands have been free of Alliance invasion for far too long. It's time to change that and put the morally grey the players want into the Alliance. Not to mention, Blizz has far too much of an abundant supply of blood elf characters that can be used as raid bosses and if needed, recycled into more Forsaken blood elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
    A major complaint about BFA is that the Alliance don't feel like a threat to the Horde. That's because the Alliance is always on the defensive. The Alliance's major offensive is attacking Zandalar, a Horde leading "ally" at best, a Horde leaning neutral at worst, and trying to get Darkshore and Arathi back, two kingdoms that has traditionally been Alliance turf. The Alliance is defending multiple fronts on their own turf, while the traditional Horde: Quel'thalas, Orgrimmar, Thunderbluff, Azshara, are all fighting proxy wars without a care in the world. Their fighting distant battlegrounds far away from home while the Alliance has been fending off invasions.

Why can't the Alliance invade a Horde city for a change? And what better city than Quel'thalas?

Blood Elf heroes that are alive include: Lor'themar, Aethas Sunreaver, Rommath, Lady Liadrin, High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher, Koltira Deathweaver.
    Then there are the blood elf villains who are still alive: Lorash Sunbeam was raised as an undead, Thalen Songweaver (the Sunreaver's spy responsible for Theramore's fall) is still alive and free.

Plus what about the plot about Alleria wanting to liberate Quel'thalas and bring it back to the Alliance. Alliance leaning dissidents have been happening ever since the Burning Crusade expansion.
    Lyria Skystrider and Priest Ennas, are still being mind controlled by Priest Kath'mar to spew pro-Lor'themar propaganda. They would be excellent candidates to become void elven revolutionaries once freed of mind control, and we need more void elf heroes aside from Alleria and Umbric. I want to see a void elf uprising in Silvermoon.

I want to see how Lor'themar reacts to Sylvanas raising more blood elves into undead like Lorash if the Thalassian elven rebellion goes poorly. Hell, what if she started turning rebels into San'layn so that they don't defect to the Alliance.

I want to see why Death-Hunter Renthar Hawkspear has such a hatred of the undead. I have a feeling Sylvanas had a hand in turning his people into wretched as a political machination or something. And whatever happened to High Priestess Aurora Skycaller?

TLDR: Horde lands have been free of Alliance invasion for far too long. It's time to change that and put the morally grey the players want into the Alliance. Not to mention, Blizz has far too much of an abundant supply of blood elf characters that can be used as raid bosses and if needed, recycled into more Forsaken blood elves.
    You mean like when we invaded Orgrimmar in WoD?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    Let it show ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    More like that time the Alliance sidekicked along the Horde to help rid itself of a tyrant and then left without so much as getting any reparations from the Horde's warmongering.

I support this. The Alliance should be an existential threat.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

And where will all the blood elven refugees go? Hopefully not into the centre of Orgrimmar or atop the various walls? Got enough to look at with all the undead around.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    And where will all the blood elven refugees go? Hopefully not into the centre of Orgrimmar or atop the various walls? Got enough to look at with all the undead around.
    Have the warfront be Quel'danas, then they can keep SMC and you don't have to update two areas, just one. Failing that, have them migrate to Suramar or something.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we stop destroying cities and taking out variety from this game instead?
    #boycottchina

I've skimmed through your requests and I suggest we allow you to kill Aethas. He's very dear and important to us, so I hope you understand how generous this offer is! If that's not enough, we can throw in Koltira too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, what?

You know, not long ago they were knocking on Undercity? Or even further back where Undercity was so full of Alliance members that they could take it on the spot? What about, Orgrimmar where they again, had a grasp on the city but took the higher card and left?

Or what about the part of the Blood Elves being at their 3rd attempt at joining the Alliance, and you wish to disrupt that or future better chances?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yay, Alliance is raiding Silvermoon city! And they are going for the Isle of Quel'Danas too... wait they weren't suppose to go for the damn Sunwell who is leading that group? OH FUCK IT'S UMBRIC! NO GET AWAY FROM THERE YOU FOOL YOU'LL RUIN EVERYTHING!!! Anduin we got problems! The Void Elves are trying to take the Sunwell! I KNOW! I know you told them to hang back in the Ghostlands and keep them from coming in through the Plaguelands. Suddenly EXPLOSION OF DARKNESS! GIANT MASSIVE TENTACLES EVERYWHERE! A new world threat as the Void comes pouring out of the former Sunwell! Umbric revealed as being a slave to the Void Lords and using the Alliance to further they're goals! Sylvanas is forgiven for her crimes, Anduin joins forces with her to save the planet using Azerite! Saurfang realizing how bat shit retarded both sides are goes into self imposed exile. Genn piddles on the carpet, Tyrande locks herself in her room screaming her new dark and edgy ways aren't a phase mom! Geblin is revived as a toaster. Malfurion goes back to sleep to bang deer in the Emerald Dream. Jaina starts an angry poetry club. And what about the Horde racial leaders? Gallywix gets fatter and builds a spider moped to carry himself in. Baine chokes to death on a piece of food, rather than try to force it out his attempts at negotiations fail. Nathanos gets Sylvanas a strap on. Sylvanas gets a new outfit, does more evil shit and is forgiven. Thrall is still MIA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I've skimmed through your requests and I suggest we allow you to kill Aethas. He's very dear and important to us, so I hope you understand how generous this offer is! If that's not enough, we can throw in Koltira too!
    Aethas and Koltira, both little big heroes. One is just the pawn of Sylvanas and the other wishes he was more than he is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the cinematic said that Alliance is nearly out of soldiers...and Silvermoon is probably the most fortifiable Horde city and no real reason to attack it...it would be suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Yay, Alliance is raiding Silvermoon city! And they are going for the Isle of Quel'Danas too... wait they weren't suppose to go for the damn Sunwell who is leading that group? OH FUCK IT'S UMBRIC! NO GET AWAY FROM THERE YOU FOOL YOU'LL RUIN EVERYTHING!!! Anduin we got problems! The Void Elves are trying to take the Sunwell! I KNOW! I know you told them to hang back in the Ghostlands and keep them from coming in through the Plaguelands. Suddenly EXPLOSION OF DARKNESS! GIANT MASSIVE TENTACLES EVERYWHERE! A new world threat as the Void comes pouring out of the former Sunwell! Umbric revealed as being a slave to the Void Lords and using the Alliance to further they're goals! Sylvanas is forgiven for her crimes, Anduin joins forces with her to save the planet using Azerite! Saurfang realizing how bat shit retarded both sides are goes into self imposed exile. Genn piddles on the carpet, Tyrande locks herself in her room screaming her new dark and edgy ways aren't a phase mom! Geblin is revived as a toaster. Malfurion goes back to sleep to bang deer in the Emerald Dream. Jaina starts an angry poetry club. And what about the Horde racial leaders? Gallywix gets fatter and builds a spider moped to carry himself in. Baine chokes to death on a piece of food, rather than try to force it out his attempts at negotiations fail. Nathanos gets Sylvanas a strap on. Sylvanas gets a new outfit, does more evil shit and is forgiven. Thrall is still MIA.
    Made me chuckle because the void elf bit I could imagine happen, even if by accident.

"The Sunwell.. How I have missed its touch. Its grace of light".
    *Void Elf stumbles over a libram of the guardians and comes in contact with the sunwell*
    "... That was clo---..."
    *Sunwell turns into a brazier of purple all consuming energy*
    "... Shit... I mean... Guards... Enemy.. uhm.. INTRUDERS!"

There would be no "Grey" in the Invasion of Quel'thalas. Theron is a dictator who controls the minds of dissidents (such as those two Priests in the market) and exiles anyone who doesn't associate with his political agenda (Veresa, Umbric, Alleria...).

In addition, as the Void Lords themselves stated, Alleria Windrunner is the rightful Queen of Silvermoon. Indeed, House Windrunner was always one of the most powerful of the Kingdom, and with the Sunstriders and Sylvanas out of the way (the dead have no rights), Alleria has the strongest claim to the throne. Even the ominous and omniscient Void Lords aknowledged that.

Do note that Alleria wants to build a new future for every Thalassian citizen, a future in the Alliance. A golden age where the old cultural divisions are cast aside to usher in a new society driven by freedom of speech and religion. She does not want to kill every single Blood Elf in Quel'thalas.

As for Umbric, after everything he has suffered, he deserves a happy ending. And he would make for a great ruler, seeing as he cannot stand the dark seed of tyranny that has unfortunately taken root and festered in the black heart of the Horde. Although Alleria deserves to be Queen more than Umbric.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, what?

You know, not long ago they were knocking on Undercity? Or even further back where Undercity was so full of Alliance members that they could take it on the spot? What about, Orgrimmar where they again, had a grasp on the city but took the higher card and left?

Or what about the part of the Blood Elves being at their 3rd attempt at joining the Alliance, and you wish to disrupt that or future better chances?
    The Horde genocided Teldrassil while pulling the Alliance's pants between their ankles. Then the Alliance knocked on Undercity, got lured in, and then the Horde tried to trap them in their burning house. Failures, both the ops. And Ogrimmar was nothing, we helped fix a Horde problem, getting nothing in return, and then went on to get genocided at Teldrassil!

As for the Blood elves, those that wish to rejoin the Alliance will become void elves and help the Alliance take the city. Those that don't dug their own graves and will sleep in it. War is hell.

Yeah, we absolutely need another Horde city that needs to be invaded. You do understand that with all this tit for tat it would basically mean the Horde would destroy the Exodar, right?

Blood Elf heroes that are alive include: Lor'themar doing nothing, Aethas Sunreaver doing mostly nothing and whenever he does, it's more often than not against the Blood Elves' interests, Rommath doing nothing, Lady Liadrin way too overused and shoved into everyone's face whenever Blood Elves do anything, some people probably think she is the actual leader, High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher doing nothing, Koltira Deathweaver. Knight of the Ebon Blade, not Horde aligned, especially not after Andorhal
    Lorash isn't a villain. Not necessarily a kind person, but not really a villain. Thalen is a traitor, I give you that, but not because of Theramore but rather his involvement in freeing Garrosh.

Alleria has been disconnected from her people for (in her perspective) 1000 years and didn't even bother to understand their reasons for joining the Horde. I have no doubt she will try to force Quel'thalas into the Alliance, but I expect her plan to backfire and cause great suffering to the Blood Elves, which hopefully will lead to her despairing and falling into void-induced madness.

Being hypocritical assholes who kill their people and attack their home while screaming about their love for their nation and people actually sounds very in character for Void- and High Elves, so yes, Alleria and Comrade Umbric trying to do that is quite possible.

Read in the Shadow of the Sun and you know why he hates the Undead. They were sent by Nathanos to fetch some information about him that they had kept and had the Horde slaughter any High Elves in their way. And while I know it's a trend these days to pin absolutely ANYTHING bad that happens on Sylvanas, it's actually Renthar's own fault that his people became wretched.

How about we stop killing off one Horde character after another for a change? I will give you Aethas though. And Baine. I know he's no Blood Elf, but please just kill him.

However, you can raid Silvermoon, even corrupt the enitre Sunwell, if it means that the Blood Elves go back to their TFT and TBC ways. If that happens I would even sarifice Silvermoon for that.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2018-11-17 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    There would be no "Grey" in the Invasion of Quel'thalas. Theron is a dictator who controls the minds of dissidents (such as those two Priests in the market) and exiles anyone who doesn't associate with his political agenda (Veresa, Umbric, Alleria...).

In addition, as the Void Lords themselves stated, Alleria Windrunner is the rightfull Queen of Silvermoon. Do note that Alleria wants to build a new future for every Thalassian citizen, a future in the Alliance. A golden age where the old cultural divisions are cast aside to usher in a new society driven by freedom of speech and religion. She does not want to kill every single Blood Elf in Quel'thalas.

As for Umbric, after everything he has suffered, he deserves a happy ending. And he would make for a great ruler, seeing as he cannot stand the dark seed of tyranny that has unfortunately taken root and festered in the black heart of the Horde. Although Alleria deserves to be Queen more than Umbric.
    Actually, those two priests aren't lore anymore - they were kept in check by magistrates, not Lor'themar. They were there as an 'uproar' addition as the prince was missing and there was no news of power, the sunwell, or bettering. Alleria is NOT the rightful queen for she is NOT a royalty. As well, Alleria got too close to the Sunwell and almost fucked everything up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I actually lol'ed out so loud my BF looked at me in worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde genocided Teldrassil while pulling the Alliance's pants between their ankles. Then the Alliance knocked on Undercity, got lured in, and then the Horde tried to trap them in their burning house. Failures, both the ops. And Ogrimmar was nothing, we helped fix a Horde problem, getting nothing in return, and then went on to get genocided at Teldrassil!

As for the Blood elves, those that wish to rejoin the Alliance will become void elves and help the Alliance take the city. Those that don't dug their own graves and will sleep in it. War is hell.
    Ah, but it is considered a disgrace to become a Void Elf. As well, not really Horde fault that Alliance wasn't permitted to squeen when they had the choke on Underctiy and Orgrimmar before.