Thread: Hanna-Barbera.

Hanna-Barbera.

What are your thoughts on Hanna-Barbera? On one hand, they did make Tom and Jerry, which was genuinely good, they essentially created the animated sitcom with Flintstones and Wait Till Your Father Gets Home, and Butch Hartman and Seth MacFarlane came from HB. On the other hand, they made a lot of cheaply animated cartoons and recycled a lot of their own premises. I mean, how many times did they copy the Scooby-Doo formula?

They were quite successful, hell, everyone knows what cartoon Network is. And that is their love child.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have cartoons without HB.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    They were very hit and miss for me, For every show I loved there was another I couldn't stand :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The thing is even their knock offs were entertaining when I was a kid. Who can forget the band with a shark that solved mysteries? (Apparent me since I can't remember their name lol)
    That would be Jabberjaw :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Hanna-Barbera, Warner Bros' "Merry Melodies" and "Looney Tunes"; Chuck Jones; there's a list somewhere of old school stuff that resonates with my childhood.