Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    This problem does not need fixing as most (the vast vast vast, like 99.9999%) of incels are probably just regular human beings not bothering anyone.

I know this sounds like one of those doctors appointments "I got a friend with an erectile dysfunction, what should he do?" but really

I have a friend who's an incel. He's 26 years old. Never even kissed a girl, let alone had sex. He refers to himself sometimes as "lips virgin" god help us. And you know what? He's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Wouldn't hurt a fly. He just has difficulties approaching women, and also he is a bit overweight. Does that make him a bad person or a danger to society or women?
    Does he self-identify as an incel, though?

All incels are virgins, but not all virgins are incels.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    "They"? its not a collective. Its a label for angry virgins. If someone kills a person you arrest em, try em and toss em in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Elliot Rodgers was a concern. Not all virgins are crazy.
    Yeah, but most virgins do not talk about killing women in their forum, or having fantasies of locking up women in concentration camps, degrading them to slaves and so on. And if you look into the usual incel forum, you see quite frequently those posts emerging.
    If you read those forums you become concerned, because those retorics are completely left unchecked.
    Even if we completely put aside a complete disdain for women, and we, most men as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    The solution is that they learn how to actually behave and how to talk with others.
    How do you want to get them to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    out of the loop, what's "incel" ?
    It's basically just what we call "nice guys" now. Not nice guys, but "nice guys".

You know, the ones in all those 'Why don't women give me sex because I complimented them?!' memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Does he self-identify as an incel, though?

All incels are virgins, but not all virgins are incels.
    I don't think he knows that word. But I don't see how that matters? He is involuntarily celibate. He is a virgin, but not by his choice. By definition as i understand it, he is an incel. If you don't believe in god you are an atheist, even if you call yourself jewish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    As someone who is living in a country that has not yet caught up to the 1st worlds problems, can someone ELI5 who are those incels and why is it a problem?
    It's a group of virgins that cannot get laid and go all bitter towards women. Incel = Involuntary Celibacy which ofc is bullshit in itself, they just want sex with women out of their league

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I mean you can lead a cow to water but not make it drink it.

Most are just immature bitter boys that have been entitled during childhood and have absolutely no understanding what being an adult is. Beyond banning websites dedicated to it there's little you can do.
    You (by you I mean 2018 leftists) could maybe use that judicial activism for something good for once and maybe strike down anti-prostitution laws every chance you get.

I'm not saying that would fix everything, but it would certainly be a start. You don't hear so much about this incel crap in Europe where prostitution is more acceptable. Incels are almost exclusively an American thing sadly. Oh and one's a Canadian, but Canada's prostitution laws are even more ridiculous.

All your collective efforts right are focused on bullshit like micro-aggressions and stopping Ben Shapiro from speaking on campus. That's a fact.

Best case scenario: the modern leftist pays mere lip service to prostitution decriminalization but does fuck all about it
    Worst case scenario: he opposes it due to his or her anti-male agenda which is common among leftists

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Better to find the problem and get them help before they kill people.

Mental problems are fixable. Dead people are not.
    What are you actually saying? You should screen virgins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Incels, by their very nature and definition, are a problem that will solve itself in one generation.
    I am just worried if you ignore it long enough eventually they will become asexual and then it is the end times.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    I don't think he knows that word. But I don't see how that matters? He is involuntarily celibate. He is a virgin, but not by his choice. By definition as i understand it, he is an incel. If you don't believe in god you are an atheist, even if you call yourself jewish.
    But it isn't involuntary - he could see a prostitute. The biggest lie is it is absolutely voluntary

I'm not convinced it's a new problem.

It's a group of virgins that cannot get laid and go all bitter towards women. Incel = Involuntary Celibacy which ofc is bullshit in itself, they just want sex with women out of their league
    I somewhat even doubt that.
    They want to have the blond, 10/10 godess as a girl friend. Who is supposed, in their mind, to be completely obidiend to them. Also, the woman must not ever have sex. No matter if with a Chad, normie, or fellow incel. Or have, well, no sexual desires at all., aside of being obidient, to the incel's wishes. But even then, they do not want a woman, because as they phrase it, all women will just lust for chad. So by their own definition, a woman, that is fit for them, is impossible to exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    You (by you I mean 2018 leftists) could maybe use that judicial activism for something good for once and maybe strike down anti-prostitution laws every chance you get.

I'm not saying that would fix everything, but it would certainly be a start. You don't hear so much about this incel crap in Europe where prostitution is more acceptable. Incels are almost exclusively an American thing sadly. Oh and one's a Canadian, but Canada's prostitution laws are even more ridiculous.

All your collective efforts right are focused on bullshit like micro-aggressions and stopping Ben Shapiro from speaking on campus. That's a fact.

Best case scenario: the modern leftist pays mere lip service to prostitution decriminalization but does fuck all about it
    Worst case scenario: he opposes it due to his or her anti-male agenda which is common among leftists
    I am not American but I do advocate legal prostitution

No. Incels are a very specific type of virgin. The type that decided that 'virgin' wasn't good enough and invented the term "involuntarily celibate" in order to make themselves the victims of a cruel world that owes them sex but just won't give it to them.

There are normal people who haven't had sex. They're called virgins.
    Then there are sexist borderline-sociopaths who think they deserve sex just because they want it, and their lives just aren't complete without it. Those are incels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    They want to have the blond, 10/10 godess as a girl friend. Who is supposed, in their mind, to be completely obidiend to them. Also, the woman must not ever have sex. No matter if with a Chad, normie, or fellow incel. Or have, well, no sexual desires at all., aside of being obidient, to the incel's wishes. But even then, they do not want a woman, because as they phrase it, all women will just lust for chad. So by their own definition, a woman, that is fit for them, is impossible to exist.
    They should just fuck each other on a remote island till they die

But it isn't involuntary - he could see a prostitute. The biggest lie is it is absolutely voluntary
    Prostitution is illegal where he is from (Israel, like me). I suppose he could go abroad to europe and do it there though. Don't think he wants to. You've made a fair point. But sex is not love.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    If you replaced blond with asian you'd have described the asian fetishists pretty well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Prostitution is illegal where he is from (Israel, like me). I suppose he could go abroad to europe and do it there though. Don't think he wants to. You've made a fair point. But sex is not love.
    lol... prostitution is illegal here too but its very common... being illegal doesnt stop it...

10+ Year Old Account
    3 pages?

Well, the bait certainly worked...

Deleted
    That's the first thing I tell all incels to do, but I'm also realistic enough to know that the government hasn't made this an easy choice.

Prostitution would be significantly cheaper and safer if it were decriminalized.

Also the level of regulation in Nevada is unrealistic, most men in Nevada do NOT use legal prostitutes for a reason. It's a scam that only benefits a few rich pimps. Less regulation is needed.

Deleted
    That's the thing, he could find love/companionship if he lowered his expectations