View Poll Results: scaling traits, yay or nay?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • I prefer scaling traits

4 15.38%
  • I like the current system

3 11.54%
  • don't care

19 73.08%

Lightbulb azerite mechanic change - better motivation

I've long tried to find a model that does use current mechanics of the game and using them to change just
    some tiny bits to making azerite more accessable and interesting - here is what it comes down to:

• azerite traits scale directly with the level of the neck
    • maximum strength level depends on the ilvl of the armor piece

e.g. Helm 370 385
    outer ring up to 26 up to 29
    middle ring up to 27 up to 30
    inner ring up to 28 up to 31

Numbers can be changed, but in this example, you wouldn’t just unlock traits on an 370 helm piece at 16/20/24/28 Heart of Azeroth level. The big change would be, that you don’t unlock traits at all, but they all would scale up until you reach the final 5 ilvl upgrade. After Neck level 28, this armor would no longer scale with with the Heart of Azeroth - it would have reached its maximum capacity.

The mechanics are already in the game. All trait scale with the item level of the azerite armor. people would not have to unlock traits again and again that they had on lower item level varaints, they wouldn't loose any acces to traits on armor upgrades. An upgrade in armor would simply provide more stats and allow the user to upgrade / influence the strength of the traits by its neck level even further.

unlikely example: a player has his heart of azeroth at level 20
    on a current 370 helm, he would have unlocked his first 2 traits, when he now loots an 385 helm (which unlocks traits at 16/21/25/31), he must decide if he prefers 2 traits at 370 or 1 trait and more base stats. With the my scaling idea, he would simply have access to the same power value of the traits his 370 helm has, but with the base stats of the 385. To upgrade his traits the player would still need to upgrade his neck level, but it wouldn't punish said player to get an armor upgrade in the frist place.

they already get stronger when you get the 5 ilvl upgrade (had the piece at hand, i'm not MM xD).
    Last edited by Keren; 2018-11-20 at 01:25 PM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

5+ Year Old Account
    Scaling traits would be a welcome bandaid, for sure. But unless traits.themselves are drastically changed, the whole Azerite system will remain fundamentally flawed. We'll see what 8.1 is bringing in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

nah

system works

go grind ap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Scaling traits would be a welcome bandaid, for sure. But unless traits.themselves are drastically changed, the whole Azerite system will remain fundamentally flawed. We'll see what 8.1 is bringing in that regard.
    8.1 doesnt change azerite, just gives you more options and more need to farm ap. go farm

The whole azerite system is shit and just a mess. its made so we gotta grind more for the correct drops. With tier drops we atleast knew we got the "correct" item, then we could go for LFR/Normal/HC or mythic versions.

Now? I gotta search up each item I get and compare them to what I have in order to choose. I also gotta keep more items for same spec for different things I want to do in the game(raid, dungeon++).

So my bags are a total mess of items for my paladin. I heal and dps on him, so I got loads of these azerite items.

Its just a lazy way out to make players grind more.

I have 100% stopped giving a shit about it and decided I will do so until BfA is over. I'll play the game when new patches comes out etc, but I wont bother grinding out gear like this again.

Deleted
    They shouldn't have allowed traits to stack with themselves. They should have removed the stacking, buffed the traits to be strong on their own and leave it at that. Would have allowed them to go kinda crazy with traits but instead we get "does x more damage" traits.

This would be a definite improvement, and hopefully wouldn't require a ton of development to make it work. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The whole azerite system is shit and just a mess. its made so we gotta grind more for the correct drops. With tier drops we atleast knew we got the "correct" item, then we could go for LFR/Normal/HC or mythic versions.

Now? I gotta search up each item I get and compare them to what I have in order to choose. I also gotta keep more items for same spec for different things I want to do in the game(raid, dungeon++).

So my bags are a total mess of items for my paladin. I heal and dps on him, so I got loads of these azerite items.
    I understand that, and I also am gathering azerite pieces for 3 speccs and single target / m+ sets. Just trying to counter the
    *reached my AP, dont care about anything anymore* and *why do i need to grind AP again, I unlocked these traits weeks ago*.

Can't fix the inherent problems with core system and traits itself, but wnated to share an idea that atleast may bring back some interest to keep interacting with the world for AP - l like the weapons in legion had

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I understand that, and I also am gathering azerite pieces for 3 speccs and single target / m+ sets. Just trying to counter the
    *reached my AP, dont care about anything anymore* and *why do i need to grind AP again, I unlocked these traits weeks ago*.

Can't fix the inherent problems with core system and traits itself, but wnated to share an idea that atleast may bring back some interest to keep interacting with the world for AP - l like the weapons in legion had
    Yeah the weapon system in legion was nice! Your idea sounds cool and it probably would make it more interesting, but I think the azerite gear system is failed down to its core.

damn, really had hoped this would get some mroe attention and feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    How about just scrapping this entire artifact system (neck, weapon, whatever) and let us have out tier armor back..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite is beyond saving tbh . 8.1 isn't doing anything other than adding some cool traits for a handful of specs either.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say toss the idea to the official forums.

It is better than what we have.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I'd rather them just scrap the system overall. The whole system is just a mess.

Trait stacking, farming certain pieces of gear, most traits are not engaging, most traits are just x dmg which isn't fun, no real sense of reward I guess when you get a piece of azerite gear. I liked getting closer to completing my set tier or things like that, but there is nothing very rewarding about azerite gear on that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Azerite is beyond saving tbh . 8.1 isn't doing anything other than adding some cool traits for a handful of specs either.
    I agree, Azerite and every incarnation of it could easily go and die in the fires of ... well you know where.
    And I'd not be sad.
    I wish the time they spent doing those idiotic traits would have been used to make the classes work.