Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Eh, I'm ok with the way D3 is. I don't min max or anything like that, I don't go to icy veins to look up specific builds, I just use what I want. I jumped from expert right to torment I, and within an hour I've absolutely trivialized it. I'm moving up to torment III now, I assume it will take about the same to trivialize that. That's the way Diablo has always been. Get better gear, to do higher difficulty, to get even better gear, to do even higher difficulty.

I will say the game is a hell of a lot more fun (no pun intended) on the Switch than it was on the PC, just because of the far superior controls on the console versions. Being able to play it portably is an even bigger bonus. But yeah, giving away a D3 themed Switch to people who already own the console and the game...is incredibly stupid. Sure a few people might enjoy "trading up" to a Switch with a special logo on it...but I really doubt most people care that much.
    The goal of Diablo has always been to become incredibly OP. At least for me, that's how I grew up playing Diablo and Diablo 2. Those games created the perfect power levels where you could still be powerful, but still so close at obtaining that one piece of gear that would fundamentally change the way you play.

With Diablo 3, once you obtain your preferred set items, the gameplay doesn't change at all since you don't need to change your skills. In my case, before completing my Inarius set, I was spamming Bone Armor, Corpse Explosion, Blood Golem skill, and Land of the Dead. With the set equipped, I just spam Bone Armor then spam Corpse Explosion. No need for the other skills.

I feel that the ease in obtaining set items just doing the Seasonal Quests, Paragon levels spread across your account, and other features enabled to facilitate progression at the account level demonstrates that Blizzard doesn't want you to focus your entire time playing the same character but gearing multiple characters since so few builds are viable for each specific class.

It's a shame: Diablo 3 is a "crunchy" game meaning that blowing shit up feels satisfying but it also feels entirely pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    So I got back into D3 on the Switch after having not played since 2014.

It only took me a week to get 5-piece Inarius set and my damage is approaching 1.3M. Last time I played, it took me 3 months to get my sorc to maybe 500k DPS.
    "Only a week" ?!

Are you playing the same D3 I have been playing the past 5 years or so?

It literally takes a few hours from lvl 1 to full set during the first day of a new season even when you are playing alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    first the diablo 3 and nintendo switch giveaway to only people already that have diablo 3 and the nintendo switch

to a shitlong wait to a new season not even during the holidays

my god blizzard
    I am fine with it.
    For 2 main reasons.
    1) I don't have time in the winter holidays anyway.
    2) means the skeleton crew we have in D3 is able to fix or respond faster to bugs since they won't be on holidays either.

Ie if they were on holidays when it went live a game-breaking bug would take too long to fix since there is no one from the already very small D3 team there to fix it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup