Poll: "Summon plz" or "omw"?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It really depends for me, if the raid is already going and I joined for at particular boss - then I would ask for a sum.

If it's a fresh raid, I usually go to the summoning stone, to help speed up the process.

I think that is probably the first time I've ever seen the OP write something I can agree with. Yes, it feels extremely entitled. Even worse are the "123" shits...

If there is a warlock and they are already in instance/before boss i ask for summon because it save everyone some time otherwise i move my ass to raid .

Always OMW. Trust me, the group will go out of their way to summon you if you are too far because they don't want to wait around for your ass.

I don't see the big deal in making your way to the place...

Deleted
    Depends heavily on the location of the dungeon / raid and on the distribution of people at the summoning stone / away from it and how many of people at the summoning stone have WM on or off.

Though I usually travel. People will often summon me if I am the last one to come into the group, anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    If 77% are OMW, why am I always without fail first or second to arrive, summoning 3 people of which 2 hasn't even started traveling?
    Last edited by Zka; 2018-11-21 at 01:09 PM.

Implying I'm not at the spot already (I try to always be there),I always start moving towards the instance as soon as I'm in the group and say "omw"
    Then,if there are warlocks,I'll ask for a summon while I'm flying or running there

I've noticed that a decent amount of people travel for pug raids,but I usually have to ask a few times before even one person moves their ass for pug m+,I always end up with four retards spamming "123" and expecting the others to move,which usually leads me to kick all four and start again
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2018-11-21 at 01:16 PM.

I tend to not sign for groups before I am already there. You never know if someone pulls randomly and then you're just out of luck if you depend on summons all the time.

Im always the guy that create the groups, so im more of the omw type of player.

I have a long list of no-no players based on experience, and some of them are the "summon me 3 times pls because i forgot something" kid of guys.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My initial impression is formed by two types of people in pugs. Those who join and immediately type "Summon plz" and those who immediately say "omw".
    I don't know if I am outlier or oldskool or just raised in a different time, but immediately asking for summons feels entitled to me. Like, regardless of circumstance, it presents a bad attitude. I *always* say "omw" and start running. If the group is able to summons and sends me one, so much the better.
    I disagree. It's not like you're massively putting out the group if they're summoning people. If anything it would be quicker for them.

The fact anyone would feel so entitled that they won't summon their group and resent being asked to help says a lot about the playerbase now.

People USED to nearly always summon people to a raid boss or somewhere- It was just the done thing, automatically. You get to the boss, you start summoning with help. "Summon please" was a polite way of saying you need summoning too, not some demand. (or 123).

Nowadays, you're not going to get a summon because fuck you. I mean, it's VERY rare you even get a res after a world boss anymore. 30+players will disband and leave you to rot.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Always omw, I used to be a raid leader back in cata and I fully expected my raid to be there and ready to go.

For uldir I'm there 30min before and sit and fish.

As for that under 30 age thing, I'm 28 ;p

most people that go "please summon" after just joining are usually entitled quitters, at the first problem in mythic+ you can be assured that the lazy farts are the first to quit for any mistake.

just my experience running 10 to 15 keys with pugs.

Deleted
    Almost always running there. If someone else gets there faster than me and summons - awesome. If not, I'll start summoning.

Players sitting in hub and asking for summon as soon as they join when there aren't players at summoning stone are big red flag for me. It shows that they are lazy. If I'm leader and there was someone else wanting to join for same role, that player gets instantly replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    most people that go "please summon" after just joining are usually entitled quitters, at the first problem in mythic+ you can be assured that the lazy farts are the first to quit for any mistake.

just my experience running 10 to 15 keys with pugs.
    It applies to any groups. Before m+ same applied to mythic dungeons. It applies even to old raid transmog runs before they can be soloed.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2018-11-21 at 01:31 PM.

If i join a group and no1 has started moving towards the instance yet, i fly there and once the 2nd guy arrives summon the rest (this is usually the case because ppl are lazy shits).

If i join a group and 2ppl are already at the summon stone then i dont say anything i just go about my buisness expecting a summon to drop.

If its a raid and its mid raid (that is not a new group, i start moving instantly).

If its a raid fresh raid with ppl already there i expect a sum.

If its a raid fresh raid with no ppl or very few ppl there i start moving and summon the rest.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2018-11-21 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My initial impression is formed by two types of people in pugs. Those who join and immediately type "Summon plz" and those who immediately say "omw".
    I don't know if I am outlier or oldskool or just raised in a different time, but immediately asking for summons feels entitled to me. Like, regardless of circumstance, it presents a bad attitude. I *always* say "omw" and start running. If the group is able to summons and sends me one, so much the better.

What do you guys think?
    Am I crazy?
    Old fuddy duddy?
    Is this a generational thing?

<Poll incoming>
    It depends on the situation. I think it's fine,if there're people who already are at the summoning stone. Sometimes im lazy,but I never demand to be summoned - sometimes I ask,and if it's impossible - well,I run there. If someone joins the group and instead of "hello" says "summon!", I want to right click on their icon and remove them from the group.

Whichever is faster to be honest.

if i join a new run im usually one of the first ones there (warlock), then just waiting for people to join and i see they are standing idle in main city asking for a summon..
    it takes 2 min max to run to the raid, its so much quicker if people signing up are there or already running.
    Signature made by

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generation is the arbitrary way that we discriminate against people who are the same race/class/etc as us. It's interesting because most people who gripe about "Millennials" don't understand that the start date for Millennials is 1981. Yeah. People well into their 30s are Millennials. It's not a generational thing, it's a laziness thing, and contrary to boomer logic human beings in general are pretty lazy and being older doesn't make one less so.

You, like myself, have played the game in a different era where waiting for a summon was considered lazy and rude, and now with the game world being as small as it is and travel being as easy as it is (and even more so once flight is enabled.) it just seems like an annoyance when people join a group and ask for summons right away. I always found it particularly annoying in Legion when the raids were RIGHT THERE and so were most of the dungeons. EN/Nighthold/Tomb were like a minute away from Dalaran, and Antorus wasn't much further than that, so in the time that someone could have asked for a summon they could have already been on their way.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Back in vanilla I always had more respect for the people that would say 'OMW', especially when I was the one waiting at the meeting stone. You would have the lazy asses in SW saying 'Summon plz' when no one was at the stone to summon. I always get old school Sunken Temple memories when I think of those two words lol

So for me there's a deep past hatred for the 'Summon plz' people. :P

Polls feel like votes with lies. Most of time I meet people with summon please. Even few people left group if they didn't get summon.