Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Where the heck is Thrall?

I understand that people are a bit tired of Thrall showing up to steal the spotlights, but I'm quite disappointed that Thrall is missing while Sylvanas implodes the Horde. Do we have any idea where GJ is?

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a kid remember? He's not a deadbeat; he's probably just tending to his son.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the Lore Hell, conveniently absent at the time the Horde needs his politics most.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    In the Lore Hell, conveniently absent at the time the Horde needs his politics most.
    Thrall, master of all four elements. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

Spine surgery.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Metzen stopped voice acting so Varian was killed, Thrall retired and no other villains are appearing with that same voice

Also Sylvanas isn't imploding the Horde, fan reaction and Blizzard reacting to it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    He has a kid remember? He's not a deadbeat; he's probably just tending to his son.
    kids*, he now has a daughter

He is still pouting that he had the doomhammer for decades and I came along in 5 minutes got it to do more for me than it ever did for him. He now realizes he is a terrible leader and a terrible shaman and is having an existential crisis.

He's waiting for the job posting on the Orgrimmar warboard.

Deleted
    He is on a sabbatical, seems he has a burn out after warlords of draenor. Really shocking experience and now he is mentally unfit.
    It is really heartwrenching to see your pupil go off the cliff and going mental and losing his honour, really traumatizing for an orc mentor.

Here is actually a quote from Thrall around the time Legion invaded our world:

I know that over the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile. And, and I know it doesn't mean a whole lot to everybody else, but it means a lot to me. So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy.

Yeah, if I remember right both Thrall and Wrathion were suppose to be major characters in BFA but both are completely missing...

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Man, that is some heartbreak, kid.

Deleted
    man the real question is what happaned to this thrall

if thrall comes back and what we get is this instead
    then no ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    I understand that people are a bit tired of Thrall showing up to steal the spotlights, but I'm quite disappointed that Thrall is missing while Sylvanas implodes the Horde. Do we have any idea where GJ is?
    He was meant to be featured in BfA. However, Metzen was unavailable due to medical issues so they replaced him with other characters. It seems he was going to play a part in the Vol'jin's urn max level questline, so I guess he was replaced with Master Gadrin and/or maybe Rokhan.

It seems Metzen is better, so I think we will see Thrall in the future.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    man the real question is what happaned to this thrall

if thrall comes back and what we get is this instead
    then no ty.
    I do hope that next time we'll see him, it will be without his robe. The elements were really ignoring him and he doesn't have his hammer anymore (unless they gave it back to him). So I do hope he'll drop the whole "let me be all shamanic and wear a robe". Especially if he has to join Saurfang and fight against Sylvanas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Is that pulled directly from the book or paraphrased?

If that is from the book I'm glad I have not read any, comes off as high school level fan fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Is that pulled directly from the book or paraphrased?

If that is from the book I'm glad I have not read any, comes off as high school level fan fiction.
    It's a quote from Shawn Michaels when he got melodramatic and stupid over losing a pretend belt.

I guess the joke is Thrall's role in the lore is a primadonna, which I disagree with, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Spine surgery.
    He could have gotten his back fixed at the barbershop like the other orcs.

He's a pushover now without the elements. Let that old fella enjoy his retirement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's a quote from Shawn Michaels when he got melodramatic and stupid over losing a pretend belt.

I guess the joke is Thrall's role in the lore is a primadonna, which I disagree with, but there it is.
    Thanks, i was hoping that was not an official book quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.