Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I haven't looked into it more specifically, but it appears foreigners have pretty good access to education in Finland. You also get by well with just English here. I don't know how indefinite visas can be, but my English co-worker has been in the country since he was a kid, enabling him to learn Finnish well enough to be indistinguishable from a native, and I've understood he never applied for citizenship. Taxes and pricing of commodities are heavy here, but perhaps tolerable for a Korean.

EDIT: Looks like Tinytalon already gave a more insightful response.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2018-11-21 at 11:13 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Belgium has pretty good universities with Leuven(81) of Ghent(138) with a good amount of English courses
    a class is like 1000 euro max a year(by law iirc) and about 250 a month for a room to stay in as a student

and vast majority in the northern half is capable of speaking English
    especially the younger generation

just dont go to Louvain-la-Neuve if you want to speak English

Deleted
    easy, every fukker wants to come to UK - and our gov stupidly lets em in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    In my country (Netherlands), it's very easy. Our schools and universities sometimes have more foreign students than Dutch ones.

The problem however is housing. In many cities with universities you can pretty much forget about finding a place to live.
    to be fair the Netherlands has the advantage that most cities are fairly concentrated around Amsterdam,
    and you can get to Leiden fairly easy to i believe with train if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    easy, every fukker wants to come to UK - and our gov stupidly lets em in
    Good thing we will be solving this problem in the near future. Have fun all by yourself over there.

I suppose what your interest in studies also plays a role.

While not being english speaking per say, a lot of countries in continental western Europe do have the advantage of very cheap tuition and I assume easy visa procurement for a South-Korean, but depending on where the cost of living can make studying as expensive as in the US.
    As an extra-european you'll probably need to find a secure job quickly to be able to stay after your studies.
    From what I know, past the British Isles, for an English speaker friendly environment you can look at the whole of Northern Europe (Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland).

Switzerland is okayish for an English-speaker, and you'll find a few world-class engineering, management and design schools with english curriculum and cheap tuition (by anglo-saxon standards). But life costs are very high and local employment often require german and/or french, altough Korean could be an asset for companies aiming at the asian market or tourism.
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2018-11-21 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aenigma1 View Post
    to be fair the Netherlands has the advantage that most cities are fairly concentrated around Amsterdam,
    and you can get to Leiden fairly easy to i believe with train if needed
    That's true, the benefit of a small country I guess.

But it's still difficult to find something outside of the large cities too, since there is a shortage everywhere according to the local news.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    This.

Also when it comes to Finland, most of the education that is free in here requires atleast basic understanding of Finnish. (I investigated on this for my husbando, who like OP, is from Asia. Just in case he needs to get some other education than the papers he has now.)

Basically how I see moving to here would go smoothest if;
    1. find a job before moving, if you don't have savings, now's the time to save up in your home country before you move.
    2. find a place to stay until you're settled.
    3. Apply for residence permit. The processing of this might take 1-2 years, hence getting a job is the important part.
    4. book for evening lessons of Finnish A0-A1.2 (and after that A1-A2+)

The most important for people moving here is to not be deterred if you can't find a job on your specific field. Any job that keeps you afloat is a good start. My husband is currently working as a cleaner, while trying to learn the language. It's not much, but it pays the bills just ok.
    Also one important note is when one moves here, you will receive your salary without most taxes up until approx. 10k, after that you'll be paying taxes. So it's a good thing to calculate when trying to find a job.

I know the question was about education, but I think in here, settling down, learning language well enough and getting your permit is the best way to approach it. After that there shouldn't be a problem in studying here. Some of our schools also offer evening classes for working adults etc. (I'm currently taking one. The classes are fast-paced and the estimation of graduation is 2-2½ years. It requires us to do a lot of homework.)
    All this is true, but you do get a residence permit if you get a spot in a school. There are lots of university programs taught entirely in English.

So you don't need to do any of the above to move here to study.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Be careful about studying in the US. They are clearly racist against Asian students and require more from them compared to other minorities.

Deleted
    English universitys have alot of Chinese students. I assume based on that it's probably not to hard for other Asian nationals to also apply.

Cost wise in not sure and staying wise ive spoken to a few who have stayed but many do return to thier home nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Sparkie View Post
    South Korea.
    We had a few students from S Korea at Indiana University well at least a few in the same building I lived in. I remember the guy I was friends with wasn't looking forward to going back to Korea because he had to do his mandatory 2 years of service when he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that hard in Germany probably. Rents in tight-packed university cities might be tough, but it's possible foreign students get priority at student appartements. I have seen some courses in English, but I don't know how widespread it is. For what it's worth though, I'm seeing a lot of Asian students in my city (less so in my field though). ^^

Deleted
    In Estonia you will have no problems. Almost everyone speaks English.

Cost of living is low. Rent is cheap, food is cheap too. Transportation is cheap, free if you manage to register at place of your rent and busses/trams/trolleys go everywhere and often.

I don't know how easy or hard it is to get to university, but I do see lots of foreign students when I'm in town. Many of them are from China.

Probably same applies to other baltic countries as well and our northern Finnish neighbours, though prices in Finland are higher.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Go to school only if you want to learn something, not to "escape the country".

Having said that, Germany seems to be offering alot of courses these days, most are free and some are in English, Germany being Germany though, almost none of them worth the time, but then again, high quality education ain't what your looking for, init?

* ps, I'm not from Germany, just happened to know they offer cheap education to foreigners.
    private universities in Europe are mostly a lot worse then the public ones. Private schools are for special children, special as in stupid with rich parents. The main problem with german ones are currently the students, numerus clausus and lawyers, but well this would beat the scope. Also about offering "cheap" education, every central EU country does this. Also most of the northern ones. but cheap only means payable and has nothing to do with the actual quality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Good thing we will be solving this problem in the near future. Have fun all by yourself over there.
    pah... if this Brexit ever happens - ive never seen goal posts move so much

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the specifics, but there were lots of asian immigrants at my university in North Carolina, mostly Chinese and Indian women.