Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayytee View Post
    First off I don't raid.

Second off, bullshit. You are delusional if you think people spend more time doing warfronts and expo's than raiding. Even if you don't count LFR.

At this stage in the game both of those are a chore to gear up an alt.
    The one being delusional here is you, if you honestly believe that the majority of the playerbase in this game spend more time raiding than doing warfronts or expo's. It is a reason they added LFR, to get the non-raiders (who are the majority) to atleast see the raid content they create, and balance the whole game around.

And I know this might come as a shock, but some people actually find Island Expo's, warfronts, and even pet battles to be fun content to do. Some people devote most of their time to simply level up new toons all the time aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    What I find the most worrisome is the apparent change of direction in artstyle. The art, the music is different. Compare a screenshot with wow vanilla and a new warfront, you'll see. Colors have less depth, less vibrant, it's closer to paint style software that you can see on artstation, different than before.

I'm not saying that vanilla is technically superior, I'm saying that the art and essence is more and more different as time pass. This can indeed undo world of warcraft while the majority isn't even noticing.

Gameplay as we know already changed a lot, probably to scale to the changing market and demographics.

Remove gameplay and art from a legendary game, you're getting a terrible waste yes.
    yea art style has gone to shit over the years, moved further and further from what made the game successful and charming. all in an effort for fidelity. Course a lot of other things have gone to shit too that are beyond the scope of this article ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    << Obligatory "I like warfronts and expeditions" post, just as a reminder people like different things than you. >>
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    exept for milions of people who use them on daily basis .

but hey since OP doesnt use them clearly nobody does.

only who then forms those instant warfront/island groups 24/7 .

must be AI/NPCs

- - - Updated - - -

they have to work on AI to copy other games and implement solo que dungeons as the next big feature of next expansion wouldnt surprise me if they also started to supplement LFR with AI to farm groups much faster

and if you dont know what im talking about you live in bubble of past not seeing what other games are pushing for this and next years releases / expansions .

I'm sorry if I enjoy having some hype abou what we can have with it apart from the negative part. I don't know how you guys play any game at all if you make a shitshow about everything and be negative about also everything...

I'm not in a bubble as to not think about that possibility, but I must say, leveling my new char and not having to wait 20min would be sweet, or being in a hurry with 2 friends and wanting to form a group fast filling it with AI also sweet. Bad thing would be people who only rely on them to do content, but well just make them be worse than the average player and it's done, or since this seems to be filled with elitists just make them as good as the average player and they won't do all content with just AI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    It's a fundamental feature of this expansion.

It's what they've planned for this expansion's life cycle and it's what they're sticking to. :/

So you either like it, or you don't. I don't, so I've unsubscribed. I'll play again the next expansion if I like its principle features. Simple as that.

If you do, good for you. Have fun.
    It's hard to find an actual mature person who respects others liking and playing this and going his way if he does not like it chilling.
    Was really refreshing reading your post ^^
    Cheers!

I like that there is a bunch of different activities you can do. While I'm not subbed anymore because of AZ gear (ass gear?), I liked doing warfronts because of their wc3 throwback and sometimes islands because they can be fun with a group of friends stomping through the place. On top of that, dungeons, raids, AND pvp felt rewarding enough to do it.

It's still almost the same game as legion and if you decide to raid only you can still do that, to each their own.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I find the most worrisome is the apparent change of direction in artstyle.
    It's a change that started in Wrath with the addition of hi-res textures and dynamic shadows, because before that they had to paint all the shadows onto the textures manually.

It's amazing that you've only just noticed that the art direction aims to create a painterly aesthetic. This is nothing new, and is arguably the strongest aspect of the game. Its art direction is pretty much universally praised.

The problem, especially with warfronts is that they lack any real challenge. Content of that nature in which you can literally go AFK for its whole duration and reap the rewards is boring and ultimately utterly unrewarding.

Its staggering the amount of resources blizzard is devoting to aspects of this expansion that nobody cares about.
    Warfronts, isle expos, azerite. Take warfronts and isle expos out of the game and nobody will notice. Take azerite out and people will be happy.

Its insane that so many resources are being wasted on ideas which are clearly failures. Instead of developers focusing on actual class balance, they're focusing on adding new azerite traits. Instead of getting more/more instersting/more frequent dungeon and raid encounters, we're getting fucking warfronts and isle expos.

I get that some experimentation and trial is needed to discover new and interesting concepts. The problem here is that instead of treading lightly and gauging what works and what doesn't, bliz loaded up all of its resources into a train which has already derailed. And instead of accepting this they are doubling down, adding to the train more of what made it derail in the first place. That being boring, one dimensional grind-fests, existing only to fuel a horribly designed azerite system which the game would be better without.

BFA is like a product from a sh!tty late night infomercial. Its got all these supposed features; Azerite! Warfronts! Island expeditions! Super absorbent! But the reality is that its cheap garbage.

The problem though is that BFA isn't cheap garbage. Its expensive garbage. The amount of art and so called "design" resources that went into these failed concepts is staggering. Hell, we could have probably had another xpac by now.

Get your shit together bliz.
    I feel the issue is not the content developed, but the way it's delivered. Inherently the base ideas for warfronts, isle expos, Az gears are sound. Its just when they add the grindfest aspect to it and not deviate it enough on a weekly basis to keep it interesting. I agree with you about the doubling down. They have been doing that since the start of Legion. I hope they turn it around soon, because the type of players they are bleeding are not the type to return in a week or so. I myself have been looking at FFix as my mmo option. If I time sink into that, I'm sure I'll at least give it a good old whack before returning.
    No wonder ATVI shares are down so much. How can investors have faith, when they see the customer base not being given what it has asked for.

It's like watching the Titanic on repeat, even though we know it sinks in the end. I just hope, for once, it misses the Berg.

I like the features....fuck the systems like azerite

I do islands to kill time before raid and for cosmetics
    WF is kinda boring but adding the heroic mode may make it better
    We are getting a new dungeon as well in 8.2

If we just got dungeons and raids I would be bored however there are players that just seek the reward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The problem, especially with warfronts is that they lack any real challenge. Content of that nature in which you can literally go AFK for its whole duration and reap the rewards is boring and ultimately utterly unrewarding.
    Heroic mode on the way

Islands being changed as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    This will show them. Things will improve after they read this, no doubt.
    so.. what..? you want ppl to just bow their heads and nod and hope things will get better?
    i for one think its great that people are voicing their concerns. and dont get it twisted, i hate when people just say things like "fix blizz" but if they can actually come up with some valid concerns and elaborate abit on them, then i say go for it! let them know why you think they fucked up. if you stay silent things are only gonna change slowly, and probably not for the better.

My job kind of requires me to at least attempt to be objective on a daily basis. So I get that people like different things—often to a surprising degree.

But I can't stand Island Expeditions and Warfronts. I do the former for the weekly AP cap, and only actually "enjoy" Warfronts during the week when you can make trade goods contributions for AP. My first WF was okay, but nothing special, and it has only gone downhill since—to a point where I AFK half of it, sorry to say.

This brings me to my actual question: The people who say they enjoy IE/WF, what is it about them that you actually like? They feel so repetitive and scripted, and there's hardly a challenge, no? Do you like them because they can drop cosmetic stuff? Do you like the gameplay they offer?

Like, what is it? Because in my head, they're both extremely minor features that feel more like a chore than something to get enjoyment out of.

First off I don't raid.

Second off, bullshit. You are delusional if you think people spend more time doing warfronts and expo's than raiding. Even if you don't count LFR.

At this stage in the game both of those are a chore to gear up an alt.
    I’d imagine that by now a lot of people are skipping LfR and gearing up by spamming warfronts now, shorter to run, neglegible queue-time, repeatable, guaranteed item (not guaranteed *new* item, but better than nothing), each cycle a guaranteed 370+...

When i levelled my alt, i geared up by warfronts, i only did a few LfR-runs to see what the raid was like and (really) the story, so participation-figures likely show great interest in warfronts, so development resources are allocated to match that.

What I find the most worrisome is the apparent change of direction in artstyle. The art, the music is different. Compare a screenshot with wow vanilla and a new warfront, you'll see. Colors have less depth, less vibrant, it's closer to paint style software that you can see on artstation, different than before.

I'm not saying that vanilla is technically superior, I'm saying that the art and essence is more and more different as time pass. This can indeed undo world of warcraft while the majority isn't even noticing.

Gameplay as we know already changed a lot, probably to scale to the changing market and demographics.

Remove gameplay and art from a legendary game, you're getting a terrible waste yes.
    Tbh I noticed a difference with art in legion. But to touch on the music part, they did lose their most well known composer, his role was deemed "redundant" and they let him go.

When you see how utterly clueless people like the op are you realize Blizzard's right to ignore "feedback".
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Just imagine a Raid with a boss with a very good AI... I'm hyped just thinking about it.
    If this is referencing Jania, this has absolutely nothing to do with AI work. Allowing Jania to react to a team using bloodlust is nothing new, and could be done at any point in WOW's entire existence. It's just a couple lines of code. (And not very long lines, either.)

The declining years of anything usually isn't pretty.

I pretty enjoy island expeditions and warfronts, if you dont like it - well, it's your opiniot but it's not an unversal fact, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    If this is referencing Jania, this has absolutely nothing to do with AI work. Allowing Jania to react to a team using bloodlust is nothing new, and could be done at any point in WOW's entire existence. It's just a couple lines of code. (And not very long lines, either.)
    It's sad to think that "good ai" is a boss realizing that targeting the healers instead of tanks might be a better strat. Or even picking off dps with one-shot mechanics melee hits... you know things that might actually keep a boss alive. Nah, better just keep swinging at this dude right here, while I am slowly whittled away.

bosses lolol
    Last edited by slime; 2018-11-21 at 12:32 PM.

I haven't even finished Uldir on LFR yet. Rather spend my time on Warfronts and leveling alts. I dislike Azerite armor as well, because it's all super-generic with a handful of boring traits, grindy as hell, and a total letdown compared to the artifact weapons. Other than that, I don't see that much resources wasted.
    Mother pus bucket!

5+ Year Old Account

I noticed this too.