Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah View Post
    You just wanna pretend it does so you can hate on these companies.
    Trust me if anyone wants to hate on company's like EA there is far better reasons then lootbox's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No you haven't.

All you keep doing is writing a bunch a BS that can be summed up as "your wrong, I'm right" even tho legal and actually definition's prove you wrong. Hell there has been posters in this thread who work with gambling addicts telling you that your wrong and you still keep going "nope I'm right lalalalalala".
    I have explained what the difference is between gambling and lootboxes and none of you have made coherent points. All you wanna do is have one more reason to complain about microtransactions.

There are plenty of other reasons to hate EA or Ubisoft or Activision besides just lootboxes.

But kudos at least trying a different tactic in your confusing insistence to defend a billion dollar company that couldn't give a shit about you.

Deleted
    Trust me if anyone wants to hate on company's like EA there is far better reasons then lootbox's.
    Yet you made this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    There are plenty of other reasons to hate EA or Ubisoft or Activision besides just lootboxes.
    And you'll always find one. That is your life's purpose.

And you'll always find one. That is your life's purpose.
    You're not even trying anymore.

I have explained what the difference is between gambling and lootboxes and none of you have made coherent points. All you wanna do is have one more reason to complain about microtransactions.
    And we've already told you how wrong you are.

Gambling doesn't have to include money, and can even be for things of no value. ALL THAT IS REQUIRED is that you are betting against the odds for an uncertain outcome.

In fact the most common form of gambling are kids simply having "fun" making bets like: "I bet you cant throw that rock X distance".

No money is involved, but it still constitutes gambling.
    Last edited by Keile; 2018-11-22 at 02:11 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

No you have explained your opinion on what the difference is.

You are ignoring that they are FACTUALLY not different. Gambling does NOT have to include money, Gaming only requires a game of chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you made this thread.
    Yep I did and your point is?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    You're not even trying anymore.
    You hate WoW. You hate Blizzard. You hate MMO-Champion. Yet you continue to play WoW, give Blizzard money and post on MMO-Champion so you can complain about WoW, Blizzard and MMO-Champion.

You are just a bitter person.

That doesn't make it gambling. You just wanna pretend it does so you can hate on these companies. By your logic, every mcdonalds meal with a random toy in it is a form of gambling. You are just being ridiculous.
    No, a random toy is a gift that is included with the meal. You are purchasing a meal itself. The toy just gets thrown in as a bonus. You're purposefully stretching what is gambling to further your false narrative. You go to mcdonalds for Food. You purchase Food. Kids meals get a bonus toy. Do you immediately purchase another meal to try to get a different toy? No. Want a specific toy? Ask and they will, 90% of the time, give you the specific one. You can also just buy the specific toy that you want.

Can't ask for the specific item you want to be thrown in a loot box, nor can you buy only that item separately. You have to pay money to roll the slots to see if you get the prize you are after. That is how its gambling. And the world leaders are starting to recognize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    You are ignoring that they are FACTUALLY not different. Gambling does NOT have to include money, Gaming only requires a game of chance.
    In the vast majority of cases it is about money, cause rarely do people gamble about sheep. That's why we have a currency. So we don't have to use cattle for that. You are talking about a surprise bag of virtual goods in a videogame. It is not gambling and you fail to make any compelling argument. According to you, McDonalds lets children gamble.

You hate WoW. You hate Blizzard. You hate MMO-Champion. Yet you continue to play WoW, give Blizzard money and post on MMO-Champion so you can complain about WoW, Blizzard and MMO-Champion.

You are just a bitter person.
    Do you actually have a point about the thread or do you want to just keep distracting by bringing up irrelevant stuff?

Anyone remember when games were released, finished and as-is and everyone had fun playing them? Sure some of them sucked but some were amazing classics still enjoyed and talked about to this day.
    Why can't we go back to a simpler time when games were just games, rather than trying to figure out how we can make a game with a financial structure able to support and profit for 3-5 years or longer.
    Shit, even mmo's that have sub fees and expansion box costs are in on the micro transactions. Why did we let this become the norm?
    Also, we need laws to regulate this shit because it targets children, and parents are not omniscient beings. Kids are sneaky and easily peer pressured into dumb shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No, a random toy is a gift that is included with the meal. You are purchasing a meal itself.
    What if you're buying it because of the toy? What if you wouldn't buy it otherwise?

Why can't we go back to a simpler time when games were just games, rather than trying to figure out how we can make a game with a financial structure able to support and profit for 3-5 years or longer.
    Because companies are greedy as fuck and useful stooges defend their horribly anti-consumer practices.

What if you're buying it because of the toy? What if you wouldn't buy it otherwise?
    Then. You. Buy. The. Toy. You literally can buy only the toy at mcdonalds. If you buy a meal for just the toy, without asking for the specific one, then you're just an idiot. That still doesn't make it gambling.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Because. Gaming. Companies. Are. Purposefully. Developing. Game. Systems. To. Encourage. Children. To. Become. Gambing. Addicts.
    So are you saying, for example, that Actiblizzard/EA/whoever are working directly with billion dollar gaming corporations to implement game design systems?

The dopamine effect of video game reward systems predate loot boxes. This is just a another avenue for video game companies to reel in the cash after initial sales.

So are you saying, for example, that Actiblizzard/EA/whoever are working directly with billion dollar gaming corporations to implement game design systems?
    ...they are the corporations. And yes, they are deliberately creating systems to siphon extra money out of people through lootboxes. That's the primary function of them.

The dopamine effect of video game reward systems predate loot boxes. This is just a another avenue for video game companies to reel in the cash after initial sales.
    Having a bad thing be taken advantage of in the past doesn't invalidate a bad thing being used to take advantage of in the present. The difference, however, is that games in the past weren't creating child gambling addicts at an alarming rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are numerous stories about kids stealing the cards. Loot boxes really shouldn't be supported.
    Then they need to better discipline their children.

If a child steals their parent's credit card to buy candy or pokemon cards or loot boxes, you don't blame candy, pokemon cards or loot boxes for being "too tantalizing," you discipline the child for stealing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am constantly reminded that I have been gambling since I was 9, when I bought my first Pokemon Booster pack.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I am constantly reminded that I have been gambling since I was 9, when I bought my first Pokemon Booster pack.
    9? I was gambling even before that! Marbles, the real gateway to gambling.