Poll: Should there be heaps of difficulties?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    i mean, you have to give people something to do. since they abandoned the vanilla/bc model of having multiple relevant raids of varying difficulty open at the same time and went with one relevant raid at a time, they had to add difficulties.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Every WoW expansion has always tried to one-up the previous one and add more options. Vanilla had 40 man reduced to 25 man, tbc added heroic and 10 man, wotlk further experimented and made the options standardized, cata tried to 1 up even more by adding lfr and 10 man became a problem so mists started leaning towards flex and some mythic job-like challenge for the uber raider. I think wod- current day they realised they can't keep 1 upping themselves and there aren't any more options to add (and I think blizz prefer to make highly accessible games rather than anything else.) High accessibility means lfr probably isnt going anywhere, even though the 'feel' of the game has changed quite a bit over the years and isnt as satisfying to certain players. Part of me hopes they continue adjusting the modes for the better, even though I doubt they find it necessary anymore.

In my dreams, I hope for at least 1 more 40 man raid added to current WoW. Just 1, for the fun of it, *sigh*
    I'd love another event like the Molten Core event, that was great. AT this point though I'm going to guess that the most you or I could hope for is for when they inevitably add the 40 man raids to Timewalking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Its fine. They only need to add 10 man mythic which is balanced and we have the perfect game

Easy Normal and Hard should be the only difficulties, probably.

But whatever, who cares. Having too many difficulties is way better than having too few. (Though you could probably make the argument that by participation numbers, you could probably drop it down to two difficulties, one queuable and one not, and the game probably wouldn't suffer much for it. Barely anyone raids or ever has. Even LFR participation, the most played mode, isn't a clear cut mega-success by participation numbers. That should be telling, that you shouldn't design your entire game around this one gameplay mode. But hey, they keep doing it anyways, and millions of non-raiders love just paying for the content of those thousands of mythic raiders!)

tbh the normal mode difficulty for both dungeons and raids feels kinda pointless.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I was a hardcore raider, never going back to that ever it was just draining. That being said I don't see why Mythic is a thing Normal and Heroic were literally perfect. Especially once they started adding mechanical difficulties to some of the heroic fights to gain achievements. By keeping the steeper difference they were a good check. Now who really wants to go normal in order to hit heroic then gear up to do mythic all of the same raid? I've been watching my guild slowly just burn out due to malaise while the usual farm/alt nights have died off so they can prep for Mythic attempts. The fun and completed feeling in between raid releases was a good thing it allowed T-mog/RP/Goofy fun to actually be in the world.

Classic is a shameless cash grab. Anyway, having one difficulty is stupid. Classic is going to be grind the gearcheck and pass go. Fun.

What's the alternative? Dungeons were obsolete 1 month after the release of the expansion, the new system at least keep them relevant.

As for raids, it's pretty much the same as it's always been since WOTLK, you should not touch more than 2 difficulties.. if you do, it's on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    tbh the normal mode difficulty for both dungeons and raids feels kinda pointless.
    It's not the Normal difficulty that's pointless, there should BE a normal difficulty.

The terminology isn't a problem. The problem is that 'normal' raiding for people is typically two different difficulties rather than one 'normal' one.

I think Ulduar had it right honestly Not every boss needs a "hard Mode" but I loved the idea and feel or activated hardmodes. The whole doing the raid in 4+ different difficulties was a Joke. and I miss my good Old 10 mans. We started in Wrath and were #1 on the Server into Ulduar, but typical guild drama and we thinned down to our core 10 man group again and cleared it and stayed Top 5 through the Xpac as a 10 man group. That raid size went on through Cata, MOP, then our GL decided he was quitting and disbanded the guild at the same time. Honestly I have not felt at home in the game since then and have since quit and have no desire to go back without the old guild.

I rather have different dungeons be different difficulties. Instead of all dungeons being the same difficulty. I feel classic and TBC sorta had this. I can remember struggling way more at certain dungeons compared to others, if this was just because I had problems with the mechanics or not I can't tell. I was really bad at the game back then, but it felt like doing Shadow lab forexample was a huge achievment. I know it can't be like that now and it will never be again, but I kinda like the idea of different difficulties for the dungeons. Some dungeons would feel way more epic that way. With the current system none of the dungeons feel epic. Doing BRD in vanilla was freaking epic (and by the gods it took longer than clearing modern raids). Doing Shadowlab was epic. Now nothing is epic. I don't get that feel from m+, it is more a "yay, we did a +10, that is nice".

Multiple difficulties removes the RPG feeling from the dungeons I think. But WoW is not an MMORPG anymore, so I guess it is just the natural progression.