Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsaske View Post
    So why does a game have little to no players? Oh ye, because it sucks. I listed the three BIGGEST contenders for a decent MMO in the past. And u listed 3 Games that barely any1 plays AT ALL, i must search up the latest numbers but from what i remember from 2017 even LotRO (THE shittiest MMO i ever played) even has more players than the 3 you listed. Ofc there are always ppl that like it, there are also ppl that like playing Dota2, yet the game still sucks, and having a player base in some specific part of the World doesnt make the Game decent all of a Sudden.

And i never said WoW is perfect, it has been way better in the past and could do so much more stuff better. But as a player like Asmongoof that plays not even 50% of the Game, i would never say "there is nothing fun left do do" because most of the Stuff that SHOULD make fun in WoW, he never even tried.
    You remember poorly. Although it is kinda true that nobody plays FFXIV. That's probably why they are doubling European servers this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And what? Stream a game and spit out oh-so-funny and edgy takes on whatever game you are playing at the time?

- - - Updated - - -

You are a fool if you believe Activision will bring worthwhile gameplay content in 2019.
    As I said, let me know when you reach their average view count. Just do it, you said it's easy.

So why does a game have little to no players? Oh ye, because it sucks. I listed the three BIGGEST contenders for a decent MMO in the past. And u listed 3 Games that barely any1 plays AT ALL, i must search up the latest numbers but from what i remember from 2017 even LotRO (THE shittiest MMO i ever played) even has more players than the 3 you listed. Ofc there are always ppl that like it, there are also ppl that like playing Dota2, yet the game still sucks, and having a player base in some specific part of the World doesnt make the Game decent all of a Sudden.
    everything in this post that is not subjective (dota2 ) is just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    Imagine posting this and revealing to the world that you're a mega dumbass that doesn't understand what's laid out for you.

Only 17% of his audience consumes WoW content regularly on Twitch. That means 83% aren't watching him to watch him play WoW. They would watch him play Hello Kitty, if that's what he wanted to play instead.

Asmon is a much smarter guy than he lets on via his on-stream "persona". The fact that he watches his analytics and uses those to tailor his stream while also providing a lot of insight for Blizzard and WoW fans into what's happening is proof that he's not just some drip that plays WoW and that's it.

Regardless of what you think about Asmon or his persona, it's a huge advertisement for WoW if he continues playing the game. If he stops playing it, he *might* lose 17% of his audience (the 17% that watch him for WoW). Blizzard loses a streamer that pushes WoW from 17k viewers to 40k viewers on Twitch.
    This implies that because of his Twitch clout, Blizz must bow down to his whims and please him.
    I agree that hes more than just a WoW streamer but hes clearly admitted his addiction to a game he doesnt like. Blizz has him hooked just like the rest of us and they know it. He will eat 8.1 and he will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    The worst part right now, imo, is the 5 man instance content.

It feels so generic and bland - because its meant to be played as M+. I much preferred the 5 man instances as we saw them in TBC/WotLK/Cata than the ones we have now.
    Please explain the differences and not just in a vague way. Just dropping references and buzzwords won't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Just rhetoric, I took what kept being flung around at the time and we then got WoD that was pretty much "if you don't raid or just enjoy leveling alts, do something else". WoD had no tangible goals if you didn't raid because of a bunch of changes that might sound good on paper. But players NEED lengthy tasks to do, it paces content better, and gives rewards proper value. Getting epics shot at you for no effort makes the "rewards" feel anything but.

The game needs to slow down, the game needs more long-term goals. World content needs to be relatively tough even in decent gear if you're not careful, finishing zones should reward a pre-raid item that can't be replaced by a random reward from a weekly chest at the beginning of an expansion. Professions needs to take a long time to max out because that gives you some form of feeling of accomplishment when you're one of those who kept at it. If everyone can do everything no one can be special, or stand out.

Tier sets give everyone tangible goals to shoot for, no matter how they are "forced" to acquire it.
    Having weekly currencies to cap gives you a goal for each character.

WoW has forgotten how to MMORPG, it's that simple really. It's an ARPG that is desperately trying to find enough ways to get impatient, entitled players to not become bored enough to quit. Sadly BFA is shaping up to be another perfect storm. Just a few months into the expansion and it feels like a content draught. I have no goals when I log on, because simply getting better gear to do the same brainless easy content even easier isn't a satisfying experience. For that to be satisfying, the content must be hard from the beginning, or else there's no progression.
    I wish I could give you a "like" for this

So why does a game have little to no players? Oh ye, because it sucks.
    You say this like we'd know the wow sub numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You say this like we'd know the wow sub numbers.
    You dont need sub numbers so have clue how many people play game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    So how many people play wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    As I said, let me know when you reach their average view count. Just do it, you said it's easy.
    Getting views is just combination if luck and pandering.

Many deserving creators don't have fraction the follows they should have, and then there is some people who pandered to right fad at the right time and were lucky enough that someone saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    You remember poorly. Although it is kinda true that nobody plays FFXIV. That's probably why they are doubling European servers this spring.
    they are doubling servers to get ready before next expansion where they already announced free char transfers so they have to be ready when everybody will transfer to biggest servers so that then they can shut down all dead realms.

weak example preying on the fact that not everybody who plays wow is interested enough for FF to read new expansion announcements

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    im really curious how do you base it on . because whenever i play wow i see zones full of people doin quests , content that is actually interesting has hundreds of groups forming every minute in lfg , most of systems not limited by tank/healer bottlenecks have instant ques and content limited by tank/healers have extremly short ques (under 10 minutes ) , my friendlist is full of people who play and the guilds i see are healthy and progressing/farming

so how exackly are you basing your claims that "wow has less subs then ever" because all evidence in game i see prove something completly different.

The worst part right now, imo, is the 5 man instance content.

It feels so generic and bland - because its meant to be played as M+. I much preferred the 5 man instances as we saw them in TBC/WotLK/Cata than the ones we have now.
    My view is that Ion and team doesnt really want to make 5 man content and is more of a result of ultimately being forced to make it. The problem for Ion is that dungeons share resources with raids. The cutting of dungeons affords him larger raids. WoD was supposed to have post launch dungeon content after GC admitted during mid MoP it was a mistake not to make it and their plans to make raiding the endgame for the majority of players did not work. Ion took charge and refused to comment on the fate of post launch dungeons until the last raid tier to admit that the raid took priority. Fuck non-raiders basically sums up WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    My view is that Ion and team doesnt really want to make 5 man content and is more of a result of ultimately being forced to make it. The problem for Ion is that dungeons share resources with raids. The cutting of dungeons affords him larger raids. WoD was supposed to have post launch dungeon content after GC admitted during mid MoP it was a mistake not to make it and their plans to make raiding the endgame for the majority of players did not work. Ion took charge and refused to comment on the fate of post launch dungeons until the last raid tier to admit that the raid took priority. Fuck non-raiders basically sums up WoD.
    M+ is now an esport too. They tested the waters with Legion, people gobbled it, and they went all out with it in bfa. For the first time in forever 5 mn dungeons pay their own bills. (Remember how 5 man dungeons were always a problem for blizz, because they costed too much and noboy played them after couple of weeks?) That's an "unfortunate side effect" that - because they were made with esport design in mind - people don't like it too much in bfa.

Getting views is just combination if luck and pandering.

Many deserving creators don't have fraction the follows they should have, and then there is some people who pandered to right fad at the right time and were lucky enough that someone saw them.
    What part of the game has Asmon created btw?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are doubling servers to get ready before next expansion where they already announced free char transfers so they have to be ready when everybody will transfer to biggest servers so that then they can shut down all dead realms.

weak example preying on the fact that not everybody who plays wow is interested enough for FF to read new expansion announcements

- - - Updated - - -

im really curious how do you base it on . because whenever i play wow i see zones full of people doin quests , content that is actually interesting has hundreds of groups forming every minute in lfg , most of systems not limited by tank/healer bottlenecks have instant ques and content limited by tank/healers have extremly short ques (under 10 minutes ) , my friendlist is full of people who play and the guilds i see are healthy and progressing/farming

so how exackly are you basing your claims that "wow has less subs then ever" because all evidence in game i see prove something completly different.
    Are you Horde? Alliance is in much less healthy state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    What part of the game has Asmon created btw?
    No part. Did I claim otherwise?

Are you Horde? Alliance is in much less healthy state.

- - - Updated - - -

No part. Did I claim otherwise?
    You mentioned this (Many deserving creators don't have fraction the follows they should have, and then there is some people who pandered to right fad at the right time and were lucky enough that someone saw them.) Did you mean that he is a creator? IF not, then i apologize. IF so, what has he created exactly? I know people refer to him as a content creator and i am very curious what content has he actually created for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    You mentioned this (Many deserving creators don't have fraction the follows they should have, and then there is some people who pandered to right fad at the right time and were lucky enough that someone saw them.) Did you mean that he is a creator? IF not, then i apologize. IF so, what has he created exactly? I know people refer to him as a content creator and i am very curious what content has he actually created for the game.
    I mostly ment artists, but some people refer to streamers too by the label of "content creator".

But it is true that he was lucky enough to be at the right place to ride on the fad (WoW in years past) to get the views he has now.

I mostly ment artists, but some people refer to streamers too by the label of "content creator".

But it is true that he was lucky enough to be at the right place to ride on the fad (WoW in years past) to get the views he has now.
    Ahh..gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this stage in any expansion, what would you normally be doing?

You'd have reps done, you'd be geared up, only needing gear from raids.

So what would you be doing?

I barely play WoW at the moment, but this is normal for me. I play a lot at the beginning of a new expansion and new patches. I get all my gear and reps done, then I barely play, I just become a raid logger.

Why should we take someone who plays WoW 10 hours each day, that says there is nothing to do seriously?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-12-07 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    At this stage in any expansion, what would you normally be doing?

You'd have reps done, you'd be geared up, only needing gear from raids.

So what would you be doing?
    Well, back in vanilla, the top guilds on the server would join BGs as a team so they could "show off" their raid gear in a PvP setting to other people on the server as a victory lap and maybe a little guild advertisement. They'd stomp you in Arathi Basin and you'd be like "wow they are good who are they? Oh one of the top raiding guilds on the server!" And you'd almost feel honored to get killed by them or to kill them because these were the big boys coming to play you.

Also, due to the intense competition between guilds to get ranked as best on server, guilds would do farming and alt leveling and gearing to focus on the task of beating out their rival guilds on the server.

Today, none of that exists. There is no server pride. No server identity. People show up to raid log. And then start asking WHY do I want to raid log. So they even stop doing that. All of the social mechanics that existed in vanilla (and BC) provided the WHY which was stripped away in Wrath.

And that...is why Wrath sucked. The server community built up prior to wrath hung around in vestigal form for most of Wrath but by Cata in was gone and sub numbers began their descent.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.