Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I like that there are lots of female characters. I don't like that people keep patting themselves on the back for it. You want shit to be natural? Don't act like it's out of the ordinary. People are jaded enough as it is, they can't see a woman anywhere without thinking "is this a forced diversity thing?" Just lay off with patting yourselves on the back for once.
    I think this is a good point, I don't think much good will come out of bringing attention to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacus View Post
    Not fooling anyone. Talanji, jaina, anduin, tyrande, sylvanas, aszhara, it's one big PC pussyfest. And it's no coincidence that's a hot topic.

Hell even saurfang was made into a lefty.
    Yeah the PC pussyfest of making two of the main female characters tyrannical genocidal maniacs. Women powerz

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Funny enough I had a similar problem with Yrel, I couldn't take her serious because it's the same voice as the Priestess follower in Diablo3 and they made her sound like a bobble head. And so when Yrel talks I just hear "Do you think my clothes are too small?"
    Different voice actors. Easy to look up.

Yrel: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0280230/
    Eirena: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0599019/

When I was a little kid in the 80s I was promised flying cars in the year 2000. Now it's 2018 and reading threads like this one reminds me why I don't have a fucking flying car yet.

@Wildberry the time gave you the reason just like with Garrosh
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I wouldn’t brag about ruling World of Warcraft currently

Not getting into the baiting of gender, I just want the nightelves to get some love. Instead of the garbage writing that Alex and Danuser is doing to them on the ptr. Come on Actv Let Golden and Gregory have the say of the game story.

The guy's name is Terran? seriously?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I liked, and had argued in favor of, that the story organically ended up in a situation where all the prominent characters were female. Because that felt just pure good writing with things naturally aligning in a curious way. It is one of the things I had always liked about Warcraft, how a character's gender seemed to be completely irrelevant but rather the story focused on their actions and personality.

Skimmed through the interview. It was very disappointing. Though granted I didn't read it in its entirety the beginning did point out exactly what I liked, that it was organic. But as I read on they seemed to be saying they want to focus on it now. That their new freedom to add characters let them focus on what ideas they want to push rather than just creating a story.

Going to try to read it all, the interviewer clearly has an agenda that has nothing to do with video games so obviously the questions will be pointed towards that, but if the answers do reveal the game is going to be infected with ideology before artistic integrity then that is one of the few things that would actually make me unsub. Sick of that filth poisoning this industry. The story was the only thing keeping me interested in the franchise and BfA's start was hopeful after all the drivel we've got since WoD's release, but this glimpse into their minds might just sour it all.

/blog
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope this doesn't turn into one of those situations that you criticize this "move" without being called a sexist/misogynist/regressive individual.

There was a similar thread like this back during the 1st month of the expansion where somebody brought up the point of how Blizzard pushed so many female characters into the forefront as major characters and it seemed forced. The whole thread went down in flames.

i didnt know saurfang was a woman. yikes
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into one of those situations that you criticize this "move" without being called a sexist/misogynist/regressive individual.

There was a similar thread like this back during the 1st month of the expansion where somebody brought up the point of how Blizzard pushed so many female characters into the forefront as major characters and it seemed forced. The whole thread went down in flames.
    Yeah I remember the whole thread devolved into some george soros conspiracy with Trump vs democrats and muslim agenda, boy that thread was more entertainment than 90% of the current movies
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

WoW was the one franchise that didn't need to have people who work on it talking about "how powerful women are" because it was core to Warcraft itself. It was part of Warcraft when nobody gave a damn about all of this and didn't count characters by their chromosomes. Maiev, Tyrande, Sylvanas, Jaina and Vashj were all prominently featured in Warcraft nearly 15 years ago.

Then again, Blizzard seems to be jumping from mistake to mistake and now they've unnecessarily jumped the irrational SJW train, feeling the need to urgently "pump" the game up with brand-new female characters just for the sake of having more of them in prominent positions (instead of a naturally-developing story).

There was a thread when BfA just launched about how all these new "powerful females" feel so forced and how BfA seems to be unreasonably full of them. The user's just been proven right, as have all those who have stated the same, but have been called a lot of unsavory things because they pointed out the obvious.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-11-27 at 01:13 AM.

Yeah they have women, big deal. But do they have muslims and transgender and black people?
    I think Blizzard should do better and should give more opportunity to transgenders mulsim and black people. Hopeful A transgender black muslim person to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    As long as the characters are interesting I have nothing against them having boobs. But if being a woman is that character's defining attribute then I'll tell them to try again... and get rid of Golden.
    Nothing more accurate than this post ITT tbh.

Make a good char and I give zero fucks if they're male, female, or whatever.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Clearly you missed the constant flirting during Cathedral of Eternal Night. Nobody's that committed to the hunt just for job satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Maiev certainly does have an onee-chan and if you touch him, she'll jail you for 10,000 years and chase you across the cosmos.
    Onee-chan is for females. Onii-chan is for males.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Anybody bitching about it or making this out to be some gender thing is a fucking retard full stop. Barring Talanji all these female characters have been major lore figures from the get go. They're getting some light now because the rest of the male characters (arthas, thrall, tirion, kael'thas, ETC ETC ETC) have all served their fucking purpose in the story they were trying to tell. As if we don't still have major male characters at the forefront with Anduin, Saurfang, Garithos, Malfurion, Vol'Jin, Bwomsamdi
    You don't get it. Like, at all. We don't care if they're women or not. However, we do care if they're decently written as characters. Jaina's the only decently written character in this Expansion.

Talanji's done nothing but run away, make 1 powerful spell, be on the side-lines while her father did most of the work, literally stand on the sidelines while the player character carried most of the faction through the war campaign, watch as her father DIED, finally take action against the Alliance, only to do nothing afterwards. Oh wait, she made a speech...and...she went with Vol'jin to find out why Sylvanas was Warchief, and she also made the same bargain with Bwonsamdi, which was the exact same MISTAKE her father made beforehand, but then again it's not like she had a choice on the matter, since her father was a complete and utter fucking retard...

And that's it. That's the fucking "progression" her character went through.

Yrel took a complete 180.

Female AU Thrall (I'm calling her that) is just forgotten as soon as she's announced.

Katherine starts off hating her daughter (Cause, let's face it, who wouldn't? Am I right? -_-), only to get talked down by literally everyone ever, and INSTANTLY realize that "oh hurr durr, my adviser was trying to take control of Kul'tiras this entire time. hOw DiD i nOt SEe ThAt OnE CoMInG?!". Then, she reconciles with her daughter, only to say like...2 lines in the 8.1 raid like, 8 months of doing literally nothing else prior to that. And now, she's just there to give Jaina a motherly pep-talk. That's it.

Lucile's basically a non-witch who was blamed to be a witch. Her mother's crazy. We help her out and that whole bullshit. We slay witches. And she's instantly forgotten.

Taelia's also just there. She kind of just gives ya a tour around Kul'tiras. She helps ya slay some old god bois. She gives Anduin a blowjob right after you save Kul'tiras from getting instantly annihilated (AKA ya got cucked my guy), and...well...she now just...helps ya out with the whole invasion BS. Invasions nobody even gives 2 shits about, even.

Am I missing anyone? I mean, Sylvanas is evil. That fat human Ursula bitch is evil. Tyrande gets a power up only to have it rendered useless like 2 seconds after. And Jaina's the only character who I actually give a shit about in this expansion. She at least has a reason for hating the Horde this expac. Though, she still makes me want to gouge my eyes out with the 2 ends of golden fucking chopsticks.

And yes, this same thing applies with the Male Characters as well. Everyone in BFA's worthless. But, I feel as if the female characters get the shaft WAY more than the male ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Different voice actors. Easy to look up.

Yrel: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0280230/
    Eirena: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0599019/
    Hmm interesting, now I'm going to have to go back and listen to Eirena again. Soon as I heard Yrel I was like, I know that voice., maybe I'm just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Onee-chan is for females. Onii-chan is for males.
    ohh whatever! you know what I meant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Because Tyrande is only useful when it comes to Legion and Maiev because of Illidan (that ship must be confirmed).

By commanders I mean Shandris etc.

Heck, sending her would be better.

Everything is better than ass pulled Army of the Light.
    Tyrande isn't useful at all though

Maiev is older than Illidan.
    uhh ok?

There's an evil feminist agenda to ruin WoW to spite male gamers. What other reason would there be for having more than one female character in the spotlight?