Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yup Final Fantasy XIV has pretty much supplanted WoW as my main MMO.
    I still check back into WoW every now and then but I pass on any sort of endgame hamster wheel.

On top of that, I have a ridiculously long Steam backlog... so.. at the rate I am going, I've got enough games to last me another 10 years.
    My main enjoyment of 14s endgame is that I know what I'm getting.

My gear isn't going to do stupid shit like titanforge.

Plus it's nice being back on the good old Justice/Valor currency system which is what Mendacity/Genesis basically is.

On topic yes there is. The Final Fantasy series, the Phantasy Star series and pretty much any good racing/F1 game out there.

If I had to pick one of the three though it would be the Phantasy Star series since it's Sci-Fi fantasy which is my favourite type of RPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Civilization and Doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    And of course you can name at least few examples.
    are you rather young ? if you were used to gaming with nintendo in the 90s, you could define things to do as every thing that is saved on your character and that can be done only once. that includes a lot. and since this grants so much satisfaction, if you're serious about it, then wandering and exploring also becomes enjoyable time. then there is the sheer fun you could experience from about anything that is tied to yourself; some like to play with other people in bg, or organize stuff in stranglethorn arena, or RP, personally I always loved jumping from very high clike teldrassil when there were no flying. but getting real there is more content to do than what we can realistically do. unless you only play way and you cleaned everything and you have no work or aim in life but playing wow (which can be an aim, but it's good to contribute too).

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if you were used to gaming with nintendo in the 90s, you could define things to do as every thing that is saved on your character and that can be done only once. that includes a lot.
    That includes loremaster, explorer and reputations at exalted, which I already did and which don't even take that long.
    wandering and exploring also becomes enjoyable time
    Wandering and exploring what? These zones have been in game for years and I've seen them enough times to know them by heart.
    some like to play with other people in bg, or organize stuff in stranglethorn arena, or RP, personally I always loved jumping from very high clike teldrassil when there were no flying.
    So there's nothing to do there and you are grasping at straws, got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    In terms of milking, i doubt there has been one better.
    In terms of absolute sales, many crush wow.

It is either Dota (both 1 and 2 and even a bit of HoN), Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion or WOW that have been the biggest games of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    League of Legends and Fort Nite are two games that are bigger than WoW. Both have great alternatives in their genre such as DOTA 2 or PUBG.
    World of Tanks was (still is?) huge.

I've always wondered if I put more hours into league or WoW.

Edit: OH yeah, Counter Strike has a massive following, and one of the larger PC player bases.
    Does that daedric "invasion" quest in cyrodil i think it was still have only 2 daedras "invading"???

FF7. Changed me forever as a kid and is responsible for a lot of my qualities as an adult, including musical tastes. It introduced me to the concept of caring about characters in a story. The only reason WoW was special to me when it was is because I'd never experienced anything like it before. It was an easily accessible MMO. Now, as an adult, I look at it (even back at vanilla) and I realize it's not that great and actually pretty boring. Nothing is thrilling (to me) about standing in a raid and taking 3-5 minutes to kill ONE boss whilst spamming the exact same abilities over and over, doing only a small, tiny percentage of damage to its health because it's meant to be done with several other people. Nothing is engaging to me about spamming quests to get small amounts of experience only to continue to do it 119 more times as it gradually gets slower and slower. I just think, subjectively, the gameplay in WoW is terrible. I need a game to allow me to go out and build my own way and alter the game world. WoW is too static and too linear for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That includes loremaster, explorer and reputations at exalted, which I already did and which don't even take that long.

Wandering and exploring what? These zones have been in game for years and I've seen them enough times to know them by heart.

So there's nothing to do there and you are grasping at straws, got it.
    lol, you talk like you've beat the game, you didn't beat the game, no one did, and even if you did, still waiting to hear that you're focusing on maximizing to be deleted rewards like feat of strength, which generates a very high amount of satisfaction

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    If you're just talking in terms of how much I've played....not really. I'm currently unsubscribed, but I've been playing WoW on and off since late 2005. I don't think any other game tops it in terms of time played for me.

My other addictions over the years:

Rust is my current addiction. A friend convinced me to pick it up a few months ago, and I've barely put it down. It quickly became my most played game on Steam. I started out playing on a pretty dead server and sharing a base with my friend (who had more experience at the game) so I could learn how stuff worked. I've been playing on bigger servers and joining clans and such more often now that I know how the game mechanics work and can hold my own in PvP.

Starcraft/Brood War. In my college days, I had a group of friends on IRC who regularly got together for Starcraft game nights. We'd play until 3-4 in the morning some nights. Although I can't function on 4 hours of sleep anymore (must have something to do with the fact that my age starts with a 3 instead of a 1 now), so I doubt I could do that these days.

Starcraft 2. I don't think I've put as much time in SC2 as I did in the original/Brood War, but I've played it quite a bit. I'm not as good at RTS games as I used to be, unfortunately. So I don't play it competitively anymore. I usually just play through campaigns and dick around in vs AI matches.

Civilization 3. I still think Civ3 is best Civ. I've spent tons of hours playing Civ3 over the years and still occasionally fire it up.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-12-16 at 02:42 AM.

lol, you talk like you've beat the game, you didn't beat the game, no one did, and even if you did, still waiting to hear that you're focusing on maximizing to be deleted rewards like feat of strength, which generates a very high amount of satisfaction
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=282949/...egion-by-xirev

...technically that guy did...

Destiny 2.

If by bigger, you mean better.

We were talking about zones, which have nothing to do there, I don't understand how that turned into 'beating the game'.
    Also if your definition of 'beating the game' is 'completing every single achievement', there are many games on Steam with <0.1% platinum rates, guess they all are as big as WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

MMO's of a huge World scale like WoW's are kinda dead for me. I've just been enjoying some games like Spider-man, God of War, Assassin's Creed and platinum those, some occasional Destiny 2 to fill the void between waiting for new games.