Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Next to WoW in terms of bug by your definition would be BotW, and the upcoming Lost Ark.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I think Elder Scrolls Online is superior to WoW in just about every possible respect. The Daggerfall campaign, in particular, is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who's missing the RPG in MMORPG.
    Bought and tried ESO (for a second time). I usually never have a strong dislike for a game, but ESO was the first one. I'd rather play the defunct iteration of the current wow over ESO to be honest. But thankfully FFXIV has been a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    define big : for me big means something not to miss, a good game, a game that can change your life, that makes you addicted and play all day for a long time, basically something like wow but not wow
    EQOA,FFXI,PSO1&2 were all as big as WoW to me in terms of world, experience and amount of time put in though for me personally FFXI was much better and much more fun overall than WoW.

I was playing FFXI before WoW, and after going back to it recently I realize it's a significantly more enjoyable game. Tossup between that and TSW in its prime as games I enjoyed more than even TBC/Wrath era WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    I was playing FFXI before WoW, and after going back to it recently I realize it's a significantly more enjoyable game. Tossup between that and TSW in its prime as games I enjoyed more than even TBC/Wrath era WoW.
    I've really been thinking about firing up FFXI again, but a combination of not wanting to pay a sub fee for it and the fact I'd have to spend hours recreating my hotkeys just turns me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    This post straight up gave me ass cancer.
    Because of how butthurt you got?

The original Guild Wars was fucking massive, particularly Elona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can’t deny the impact of WoW. I still have very fond memories of Anarchy Online from around 2003, and Age of Conan. It has less to do with the games themselves and more to do with the friends I played with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I played pretty much nothing but WoW from Jan 2005 till about mid-Cata, but that doesn't mean I quit WoW. I just roll in, play six months, suck up the new content, then move on to one of several other things, and not all MMOs. But I'll be back for 8.1 or maybe 8.2. 14 years is a long time to play anything, imo.
    I play other games too. But they usually only keep me entertained for a week or two before I exhaust them of content or I don't feel like playing anymore. MMO's take slightly longer.

When it comes to /played. Wow wins by a large margain.

Deleted
    path of exile, destiny 2.

and the bigger one: DARK SOULS

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    That's impressive how people can exhaust a game of content within a week or 2, I barely find time to for a couple of hours on a friday or saturday (my days off) but even then there's so much to do irl.
    Benefit of being a University student I suppose. Plenty of free time on hand.

WoW is my filler game. I'm subbed about half the time if at least a couple of friends are on and I'll casually level or hunt mounts or whatever as I have time. Other than an occasional hour of CS, War Thunder, the Division, or Overwatch I don't really play any other multiplayer games. Been hopeful for a cool new mmo or other big game but most of them have crashed and burned (RIP TSW and SWTOR) and others have been scams that'll never get a real release, like Star Citizen. So these days it's mostly single player games for me and those are usually one and done when I play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I would say I'd look forward to retirement and free time but lets face it as we get older we are going to be working til we drop.
    You can find a way to contribute or get money and be "free" of working in order to live, and have more time for what you like, that's entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norvak View Post
    Can’t deny the impact of WoW. I still have very fond memories of Anarchy Online from around 2003, and Age of Conan. It has less to do with the games themselves and more to do with the friends I played with.
    Anarchy Online was what made me interested in mmo's. Started to play in 2001. The depth you customize your characters, the huge unforgiving world and the best of all, the most AMAZING community. I like that the game is still going today, with Funcom refusing to adapt the gam to modern standards. I still play my Doctor and Fixer 16 years later :P

Wow was my second mmo that i started to play along side AO in 2006. I hated it in the beginning, i thought it was easy, childish, not hardcore enought and so on. Then all of a sudden I loved the game. It had something old-school mmo's ( as in pre-wow) didn't have, story depth balanced with ease of playing. I quit wow in bfa tho There just lack of immersion, community, things to do etc etc.

Other games that makes me tick: Total War series, F.E.A.R, CiV series, Diablo series

No, but then I've almost entirely stopped playing games over the last year. I do play games still in short bursts or an hour here and there and don't really buy them often, interest is low and my time has been invested elsewhere. The problem is that WoW isn't that game for me anymore either, WoW isn't the same game it used to be and it's not getting better and so far as it matters the game might as well not exist anymore.

I've just grown out of games though, I was an obsessive gamer in my teens and 20s and it's come to the point where I've seen it all before, done it all before and in games that did it better. Aside from graphics and the odd new craze trend (battle royal for example) the games these days are just stale and worse, stuff that interests me comes few and far between.

I intend to give WoW Classic a go, gonna level a Warrior to 60 while in no rush and then probably unsub. It would take something truly spectacular and revolutionary to top WoW (old WoW, not BFA turdfest), I'm too old to care otherwise.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly every other MMO I've played since like 5 years is bigger than WoW cuz the old content doesn't become irrelevant on new xpacs and such. They do real full world scaling that is balanced because many are designed like that from day 1. Far more activities that aren't just seasonal, more content than raids and bloated additional difficulties.

Blizz doesn't even try to compete with this because drones will eat up whatever they're given even if it's F2P quality content or worse. WoW used to be #1 but that time has long passed with the rise of GW2,ESO,FF14. WoW will always be stuck in its current expansion, and that really shows the content droughts, and in BfA the drought started at week 1 lol.

As far as single player games go well they will never have the lasting power of an MMO outside of a replay every year or so.

You are definitely missing out on some quality outside of your main game, each MMO has its niche but GW2 has most of everything out of the 3 imo. You can play as casual as you want and never get left behind so work / life never gets in the way. You can always go back to that content and get relevant rewards, that's probably my favorite part. ESO is similar, after an amount of grind to 'max out' whatever gear you obtain, the set bonuses will always be relevant.

ESO has the best questing and immersion I've played in an MMO, that alone is worth it. Not much else to be said about it though..

FF14 has very cinematic-style gameplay in their raids and dungeons, it's like the bosses in single player FF games. It's the 1 game where I'd say graphics matter because it just fits and has great performance. Its questing is just about as bad as WoWs, but is more story driven. It has an annoying habit of making you run back and forth constantly.

If you want single player definitely Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2 are some of most recent amazing RPGs which I am still playing.

If you're still enjoying WoW is fine but there are currently better choices out there if you have the patience to jump in and spend some time playing another game. The hardest part of any WoW player because most of us have played it since old times and have attachments to our characters.

Finally, if you're into pvp, nothing beats GW2. Jump in make a build and kill people with it, no grind.

Choosing another game depends on what matters to you most like I said they have a niche nothing is best at everything.

Easily will be Gex 3D: Enter the Gecko or Knack

Quote Originally Posted by Heladane View Post
    Fortnite, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, League of Legends, Minecraft.
    All of those bore me to death.
    Like, sitting in my garrison on WoW sounds more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Benefit of being a University student I suppose. Plenty of free time on hand.
    see I never understood that. back when I was in school, i had no time for anything. between classes and part time job, the only time i even had for friends was in between classes and we usually doubled it up as study sessions at the school's cafeteria. games.. what games? after playing heroes of might and magic 2 through the night and subsequently failing behind on my chem and calculus 1 classes, I pretty much set aside gaming for school's duration. I keep hearing how students party and enjoy themselves in college just having fun and there I was pushing credits and GPA, becasue school is bloody expensive in US, so if I'm going to take on that debt, it had better be justified. but.. that's just me and the circle of friends I had in college I guess....