Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Active wow subscription for classic

Do you guys think blizzard did it on purpose to have an active retail subscription to play vanilla wow so people can't see who plays retail and who plays vanilla. It counts the same for both games.

Let me hear you!

yes, they're scared shitless that vanila will have thrice the players than retail /s

or maybe it was the buisiness model that makes the most sense? anything else ranges from needlessly awkward to outright stupid

btw the servers have population indicators... so we will be able to estimate the number of players in each one and sum it

No, I just think they believe if you want to play WoW you pay to them to play it. Besides they benefit each others so there is no need for any pathetic rivalry.

Why the fuck would it matter?

Would you rather them have increased the sub cost to justify it?

£9.99 for both retail and classic is a good bloody deal.

When WoW released in 2004 it required an active WoW subscription.

This is just being faithful to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    No, I just think they believe if you want to play WoW you pay to them to play it. Besides they benefit each others so there is no need for any pathetic rivalry.
    Yeah never understood this need for either retail players or classic players to start this rivalry. It's just boring now.

Why do you need to make us think Classic is superior or Retail is? Shouldn't having fun be your first priority?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah never understood this need for either retail players or classic players to start this rivalry. It's just boring now.

Why do you need to make us think Classic is superior or Retail is? Shouldn't having fun be your first priority?
    Well it would prove when more people are playing classic that the main game somewhere has gone wrong. Ain't trying to prove here classic is best and stuff tho it's likely a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrofilth View Post
    Well it would prove when more people are playing classic that the main game somewhere has gone wrong. Ain't trying to prove here classic is best and stuff tho it's likely a good reason.
    But why do you need to prove that?

Why do you care if more people are playing classic than retail? Quite frankly I probably won't end up touching Classic as to be honest I don't want to go back to that kind of MMO and I couldn't give two shits if it has more players than retail.

And the main game will not be changed regardless of what happens. Classic is for people who want that experience of an older generation MMORPG and Retail is for those who want the modern experience. Simple as that.

It makes sense when you look at it like I'm looking at it, Classic is just a new server type like Normal or RP. You pay one fee to get access to all the server types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they don't report subscriptions how would you ever know? Did you think this through?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    btw the servers have population indicators... so we will be able to estimate the number of players in each one and sum it
    Not sure how you would do that. It could easily be the realm caps will be different. Also different number of realms. I don't understand how you could pin that down.

I agree that the rivalry is dumb.

I'm not going to pay again for classic. One price for all only makes sense. There's nothing conspiratorial about it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-11-28 at 11:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    But why do you need to prove that?

Why do you care if more people are playing classic than retail? Quite frankly I probably won't end up touching Classic as to be honest I don't want to go back to that kind of MMO and I couldn't give two shits if it has more players than retail.

And the main game will not be changed regardless. Classic is for people who want that experience of an older generation MMORPG and Retail is for those who want the modern experience. Simple as that.
    Well they are shoving it up our faces that retail is what we need and with the reason if classic has more players it will show them wrong. I started playing wow back in '05. Been a blizzard white knight a long time and with alot of pain I finally unsubbed cause it ain't wow for me anymore. (I bet alot of people will think the same) and what I think is, they don't need to go back. they just need to adjust and improve retail. They need to see the mistakes

Well they are shoving it up our faces that retail is what we need and with the reason if classic has more players it will show them wrong. I started playing wow back in '05. Been a blizzard white knight a long time and with alot of pain I finally unsubbed cause it ain't wow for me anymore. (I bet alot of people will think the same) and what I think is, they don't need to go back. they just need to adjust and improve retail. They need to see the mistakes
    So basically you do want to prove one is better than the other. You even just admitted to it by saying "more players will prove them wrong" basically.

And no it won't show them anything. You are absolutely kidding yourself here.

This is what will happen if classic ends up with more players.

Nothing at all. Because they will be making money from those players as well. Classic is coming back for people who want that what kind of game.

And the mistakes are quite subjective. What you may find a mistake someone else may enjoy.

Deleted
    I think it's just a case of being the best option for player count. New players can try both, old players can try retail, current players can try classic.

It's a great decision really. I expected physical/digital purchases of Classic at standard price.

Well let's say September classic release, and Q3 wow made an increase with 2/3 mill that ain't gonna be for retail. We will know
    And how do you know where the profit comes from? Or care for that matter? Unless you are an investor or heavily involved financially with the company the profits margins aren't really any of your concern.

The game is still being actively developed with decent sized content patches that a lot of other MMOs do. WoW would have to drop way below 500k subs before it needs to do something drastic.

And actually it will be for both. Since Classic and Retail share a sub. It would be a profit for the game as a whole. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's say September classic release, and Q3 wow made an increase with 2/3 mill that ain't gonna be for retail. We will know
    They don't report subscriptions or separate game revenue any longer. AGAIN: Subscriptions that you need to pay separately if you want to play both versions is a moronic choice.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    When WoW released in 2004 it required an active WoW subscription.

This is just being faithful to the original.
    Lol this here should have been the end of the thread.

Deleted
    So basically you do want to prove one is better than the other. You even just admitted to it by saying "more players will prove them wrong" basically.

And no it won't show them anything. You are absolutely kidding yourself here.

This is what will happen if classic ends up with more players.

Nothing at all. Because they will be making money from those players as well. Classic is coming back for people who want that what kind of game.

And the mistakes are quite subjective. What you may find a mistake someone else may enjoy.
    I ain't saying one of the 2 is the best, like I said they don't need to turn it back they need to improve and make it better in my opinion. I know alot of people are enjoying bfa right now. Tho I'm just saying they changed it to much and I think the numbers will show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    yes, they're scared shitless that vanila will have thrice the players than retail /s
    Its amazing how delusional some people are..

Super entertaining tho!

I ain't saying one of the 2 is the best, like I said they don't need to turn it back they need to improve and make it better in my opinion. I know alot of people are enjoying bfa right now. Tho I'm just saying they changed it to much and I think the numbers will show.
    You have no idea if the "numbers will show" because they don't report them.

And why does it matter? You really don't need to know which is more successful.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They don't show us numbers regardless, so no, I don't think that's why. I think it's because they want people to pay a subscription for Classic and the easiest way to do that is to roll it into the current subscription.