Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The only one that really matters is DBM of BigWigs for raiding. Other than that, most things aren't a big deal. For 5-man content, you don't really need anything, so long as you understand your role and class. Of course, mods do help, and they can help a lot if you know how to use them. Being an affliction lock without a dot timer of some sort makes the class harder to play at a top level. Damage meters are great for learning what you fucked up on after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by foreversilenced View Post
    You do need addons. Why wouldn't you use them?
    Some weird pride thing going on?
    Nope. Just don't have any real reason to use them.
    Do you not care how you perform in a group?
    Sure do, don't need an addon to know if I'm being a hindrance though.
    How do you know if you are healing /dpsing on point if you can not see your metre?
    It's called being capable of paying attention to things. Situational awareness is great; same way you know if you're doing well in pvp or not. Also knowing how to study logs.
    Are you one of those people who post "anyone got a metre"
    Nope.

You aren't playing at a higher skillset to not use an addon, you are just being dumb and selfish
    That's your opinion that you're entitled to having. It's still wrong, though.
    Can I have a real reason, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I have a friend who just killed Mythic Ghuun without any addons.

I don't bother with addons unless it's a useful convenience worth the effort.

If you don't download any addons, there's nothing wrong with you. Please continue to do group activity and contribute your best :]
    This is a lie lol

Mythic Ghuun no addons? Please tell me the toon name and guild. Very very funny.

Deleted
    Hey so if you are one of those people who say you are old school and don't use addons - please stop joining group activity. I had a Main Tank in a progression guild who refused to download a single addon. Every boss he would just randomly walk into the boss with no prior warning. We never got to prepot. I ended up fighting him after several weeks of this and he gquit mid raid due to his refusal to get an addon. On top of this he was always taunting incorrectly and missing very basic things due to being "oldschool".

I now have a policy that if anyone pulls without a timer I just remove them. Be that a tank ilvl 390. Doing a 10 sec timer SAVES TIME because 20 people open properly, that's more dps = faster boss kill.

Basic requirement should be > a damage / heal metre > dbm / bigwigs. If you can't do that then you are just letting down every person you encounter in groups.
    Your mistake, you should have kicked him instantly when he refused to use addons. Fighting for weeks? Sounds like a made up story or you really stupid to let someone else to ruin your game for so long.

Yes 100% if you do group activity with 0 addons you are harming your group. Step out of the denial
    i guarantee you, he still would have randomly pulled without warning with or without the addon and prepotting is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not about perfection. It is simply foolish to not have the ability to see nor send a dbm countdown. How do you prepot?

weak auras is another basic tool I agree
    I agree DBM/Bigwigs is needed for timers, but to answer your question. The same way people did it before addons, a count down on voice chat.

This is a lie lol

Mythic Ghuun no addons? Please tell me the toon name and guild. Very very funny.
    What need is there for addons on G'huun?

Ground P1 is pretty simple.Small spawns of G'huun are pretty obvious with their pathing,and regardless,melee should position themselves in a way that make them pass through aoes with or without addons,no problems here
    Orb running is very simple,grab orb,run to your assigned spot,throw orb.Both second orb bearers call when they're ready on comms,orb always spawns 10 seconds after the previous ones are put in,so next group has to either watch their map,or wait for the call from the previous group saying they're ready to start moving,depending on mobility

For P2,feast happens when G'huun hits 100 energy,that's a big telegraph,and if you're not able to stand 5 yards away from any player without an addon,you probably have some kind of disorder
    Tank stacks are clearly indicated by a buff on the boss,and explosive corruption has a cast time,a projectile comming towards you,and then applies a debuff that also makes your character bigger,very clear

You can assign two times three groups of two people per boil and make them rotate,or assign three groups of two for each individual boil,given that you should be tanking the boss on the wall,they should all spawn on the same side of the room
    Have group 1 take the rightmost one,group 2 the middle one,group 3 the right one,if two of them are on the same vertical axis,have the lower numbered group take the one closer to the boss,the next group take the one further from the boss

For the gibbering horror,all casters should have it either targetted or on focus(there are simple macros that help in case they struggle with that,or if tab decides to fuck them),which allows them to see the 1.5 seconds cast and avoid getting silenced.
    If your group decides to delay a beam,well,you have a raid leader don't you? they'll call out when to do it

For the last phase,if you can't avoid the growths without an addon,you are actually disabled,not much more to say

As for using damage meters like you said in your original posts,it should be a requirement to hide them during combat for a raider,as it provides an uneccessary distraction,you have all the time you need to look at it between pulls

Only point where I agree with you is that you need timers,in fact,Blizzard should have added them to the base game a while ago
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2018-11-29 at 02:08 AM. Reason: added pull timer argument

RoKPaNda I guess you do not care if you are contributing to the group equally or pulling your weight. About the usual performance you can expect by zero addon people.
    Do you think measuring your dps size mid fight...is more important than mechanical execution or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Your mistake, you should have kicked him instantly when he refused to use addons. Fighting for weeks? Sounds like a made up story or you really stupid to let someone else to ruin your game for so long.
    It was 1 huge fight after about the 4th raid with him tanking. Prior to that we were catering to him and making do whilst telling him to get addons. It came to a head on Zul when he had no idea what was going on. Upon him leaving we killed it next pull with a dps yolo using his tank spec. He followed the dbm warnings no problem and we even had a dbm pull timer.

Yesterday I was running a PUG where 1 tank kept ignoring readychecks and just yolo walking into the boss no dbm. We got to fetid and he wandered into boss like some lost senile old man. I removed him upon pull. He messaged me asking why. This was after spamming him for 2 bosses not to pull without dbm counter and people being afk.

It is a problem when people aren't on the same page as everyone else in group. There is no reason not to use addons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    What need is there for addons on G'huun?

Ground P1 is pretty simple.Small spawns of G'huun are pretty obvious with their pathing,and regardless,melee should position themselves in a way that make them pass through aoes with or without addons,no problems here
    Orb running is very simple,grab orb,run to your assigned spot,throw orb.Both second orb bearers call when they're ready on comms,orb always spawns 10 seconds after the previous ones are put in,so next group has to either watch their map,or wait for the call from the previous group saying they're ready to start moving,depending on mobility

For P2,feast happens when G'huun hits 100 energy,that's a big telegraph,and if you're not able to stand 5 yards away from any player without an addon,you probably have some kind of disorder
    Tank stacks are clearly indicated by a buff on the boss,and explosive corruption has a cast time,a projectile comming towards you,and then applies a debuff that also makes your character bigger,very clear

You can assign two times three groups of two people per boil and make them rotate,or assign three groups of two for each individual boil,given that you should be tanking the boss on the wall,they should all spawn on the same side of the room
    Have group 1 take the rightmost one,group 2 the middle one,group 3 the right one,if two of them are on the same vertical axis,have the lower numbered group take the one closer to the boss,the next group take the one further from the boss

For the gibbering horror,all casters should have it either targetted or on focus(there are simple macros that help in case they struggle with that,or if tab decides to fuck them),which allows them to see the 1.5 seconds cast and avoid getting silenced.
    If your group decides to delay a beam,well,you have a raid leader don't you? they'll call out when to do it

For the last phase,if you can't avoid the growths without an addon,you are actually disabled,not much more to say

As for using damage meters like you said in your original posts,it should be a requirement to hide them during combat for a raider,as it provides an uneccessary distraction,you have all the time you need to look at it between pulls

Toon name and guild where you are able to kill Mythic Ghuun and prog mythic with 0 addons. Prove me wrong I dare you. Absolutely no guild is going to allow you to have 0 addons in CE mythic group.

Prove me wrong I dare you.
    You've yet to prove yourself right aside from some anecdotal comments about some guy you had in your raid.
    Not everyone is that guy, bud. What exactly was the purpose of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You've yet to prove yourself right aside from some anecdotal comments about some guy you had in your raid.
    Please show me the toons and the Mythic CE guilds allowing its members to prog with 0 addons. I will call your bluff and tell you that does not happen. EVER.

Deleted
    Why does someone need addons? You haven't really given a reason beyond something purely anecdotal.

Sure is. Saying you need addons to raid is like saying you need addons to pvp at a high level. If you absolutely need them in order to play, you have bigger problems.
    The key here is the word need. If you want to reach your highest potential in arenas, you need some kind of DR tracker and omnibar. It doesn't mean that you can't beat weaker teams without addons, but you are giving a lot edge to teams close to your rating range, which means you will lose some rating.

edit: rating is really bad word to use here due to how it works in WoW and it's very likely that you are not actually sitting on your real rating, which is btw also changing all the time due to MMR inflation.
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-11-29 at 02:16 AM.

Toon name and guild where you are able to kill Mythic Ghuun and prog mythic with 0 addons. Prove me wrong I dare you. Absolutely no guild is going to allow you to have 0 addons in CE mythic group.
    Did you even read my post
    I'm not here for a dick size contest,I want you to read my post and to try to understand what I'm saying

Game is perfectly playable without addons. There's in build warnings for all the abilities you have to look out for in raids and dungeons. And once you get familiar with the fights you'll memorize the ability rotations anyway.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Are you in the top 5-10% of raid guilds? Then it doesn't matter. Stop stressing over perfection when you're not even in the race.
    MMM Blizzard disagrees with you, especially when they design fights that heavily punish groups that have an excess of melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I was laughing at this post till I read you require a dps meter .... now I see why most raiders are bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    you need some kind of DR tracker and omnibar.
    No you don't. Tournaments don't allow them, and I'd wager tournament players are considerably higher calibre than you are. Situational awareness is what's needed, no addon is gonna help you if you don't have that. In any aspect of the game.

Deleted
    No you don't. Tournaments don't allow them, and I'd wager tournament players are considerably higher calibre than you are. Situational awareness is what's needed, no addon is gonna help you if you don't have that. In any aspect of the game.
    What? Tournament players use addons on everywhere else except lan because they give so huge advantage.

This is a lie lol

That'd break my anonymity policy but I'm sending him a screenshot of this for a good laugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    RoKPaNda I guess you do not care if you are contributing to the group equally or pulling your weight. About the usual performance you can expect by zero addon people.
    They wouldn't be in a guild doing super duper hardcore raiding if they didn't pull their weight and perform well.