Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    On one hand, they turned on war mod. If you turn on war mode, you have to be ready to be ganked. There's no excuse it's not even like old pvp servers where maybe you like WPVP in general but just don't feel like opting into it right now.

On the other hand, killing lowbies takes no skill. Where's the fun in it? If I happen across a horde lowbie sure I might kill them once if I feel like it, but camping the area to just keep killing them and keep them from making questing progress? Lame. I could at least understand if you were say doing the weekly wpvp quest and killing 10 111 players in a BFA zone to get it done quick, but I just don't see the appeal or any sense of accomplishment or fun in say, camping STV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Annoying people can be fun for people prolly based of your personality. But it's dickish either way. People get annoyed when their time is being wasted and it is a waste of time if someone is preventing you from playing by completely overpowering you and you have 0% chance of fighting back. I do not enjoy world PvP in WoW and never did. I occasionally play with WM on for the bonus and don't mind occasional skirmish but the moment I feel my time is being wasted I have the option to turn it off so that is an improvement. Because the funny thing is that people generally don't care that much for what they are gaining at the moment but what they are losing. If you are not getting anything directly from the activity of world PvP it is perceived as wasted time.

So while you are not harming anyone by being an asshole while ganking lowbies you need to accept the reality that most people will perceive you as an asshole. The less mature ones will shout at you, the rest will do their best to ignore you. And if you want to just provoke wPvP there are better ways.

If you have fun ganking low levels and feeding on their tears just keep doing it. No one dictates you that you can't enjoy this game in this way. Just be aware, I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but you can actually get banned for griefing if you overdo it. As you said, you aren't doing anything wrong, it's just annoying for ganked players, world pvp has never been fair and it never will be. There's no sense of skill or honour in world pvp, it's not instanced, it's not tied to lvls, you go out, smack some kids, receive hateful whispers, you either laugh it off or in some cases report them for language and move on.

Ganking is an activity that reflects the inner-psyche of the Ganker.

The need to demolish weaker people is indicative of an unhealthy mind. A person that is bullied intensely IRL.

Nobody just says, "Wow ganking low levels is so FUN" without a reason.

Corpse camping is still lame but now warmode is added red=dead. They can't expect the xp boost and get pissy when they're killed.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    I really miss pre-sharding. I would form semi friendships with other people from top guilds and wouldn't gank them. Others if I saw certain guild names they were dead no matter the level. I remember catching toons of guilds that were infamous for ganking and forcing them to graveyard rez.

Sounds like any Max level character kicks your butt, so got to wag that e-peen killing defenceless players...

you're a sad loser IRL? not flaming here being honest, if you were good you'd kill 120's get them mad at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I mean there's no other dangers in the world so may as well do some ganking, make sure there's some miniscule chance of ever risking death while leveling.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't gank personally, unless you happen to be in the Call to Arms zone that week then yeah, sorry, but at that point you're quite literally a quest mob.

But with that said, I'm only just curious enough to type this: How many in this thread played Ultima Online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Frankly, at this point it's 100% fair to get ganked. PvP realms didn't do the right job, people who didn't care for any kind of PvP landed on them by mistake or just because their friends were playing there. With War Mode you have the simplest of choices not to participate in World PvP, with all its pros (infrequent fun duels or team fights during world questing) and cons (brainless ganking).

Don't wanna get ganked? Turn War Mode off, simple as that. No better solu

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    Many criminal acts can be described as "just having fun". The issue comes when your fun hurts other people. The same thing applies to ganking.

Too bad there is no way to opt into PvP with people withing your level range. I'd kill for a mode that let's you pvp within say 3 levels range of you. This way it's not a stupid gank fest and you actually are challenged by other faction

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking is done by "no lifers" that were made fun of in grade school and now try to enact some sort of revenge.

Its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Many criminal acts can be described as "just having fun". The issue comes when your fun hurts other people. The same thing applies to ganking.
    Incorrect. Ganking isn't against the law.
    "well it should be!"
    No it shouldn't. If you don't like it, get your buddies or get your own 120 to kick his ass. Start a war over it.

I enjoyed this recently, I have 2 accounts as one's generally just an AH account. So was taxiing myself around to zones using my DH while leveling.
    Was extremely satisfying when someone would gank my lowbie who was x levels below them to just fly down on the second monitor, give them a wave and fel rush through them.

The main issue is there being a bonus to war mode, it is kind of dumb but you kind of have to turn it to if you want to level faster don't you?

Complaining about being ganked is as old as WoW though so it truly is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Incorrect. Ganking isn't against the law.
    "well it should be!"
    No it shouldn't. If you don't like it, get your buddies or get your own 120 to kick his ass. Start a war over it.
    It's an analogy for someone who can't tell that his own enjoyment of an activity is irrelevant to classify that activity as good or bad. I'm answering his question: "My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun." The point is that hurting other people will make them angry. How much fun he gets has nothing to do with it "not being wrong".
    Last edited by Khallid; 2018-11-29 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    They made the choice to turn warmode on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Your fun is coming from making other people mad.
    Both of these are true. If you're hanging around and killing them over and over, you're being a jerk though. Ganking them once or twice is fine. That said, you're still having fun by either 1) making people mad or 2) feeling all big and powerful by ganking those that have no chance against you. Not saying those things wrong to do, but it is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Ganking is done by "no lifers" that were made fun of in grade school and now try to enact some sort of revenge.

Its pathetic.
    Not really lmao, in Vanilla and TBC me and my buddies glitched on the inn within redridge and would gank for hours and kill all the quest npc's until the gms told us to leave. Usually we were waiting for raids to start.