Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    IDC what the next class is, but whatever it is should use Bows/Guns and wear mail.
    I would agree on mail right now only two classes use mail compared to a bunch of plate/cloth/leather users. Somebody who can use ranged weapons in at least one spec makes a lot of sense as well.

That said given we have had two of in a lot of ways same/similar class in a row blizzard tends to go with what the feel is appropriate at the time. DH and monks fill basically the same role in groups other than monk healers.

Whatever they make next better damn well have a ranged spec. The three added classes all being melee with no ranged options is getting a bit silly if they did yet another melee class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    as a matter of a fact, since the games release, they have added
    5 Melee specs (Survival, DK*2, Monk*1, DH*1)
    1 Healer Spec (Monk)
    3 Tank specs (DK, Monk, DH).
    and they have LOST 1 Ranged spec (Survival).

I think the next class should not even have a melee spec at this point.
    The reason for this is that people ENJOY melee over ranged. They are basically just giving people what they enjoy playing. Yes, ranged is important because it makes raids and dungeons easier, but you can't force players to switch over to a play style they don't enjoy. That is where the major problem with ranged arise. I tried playing a Mage and Hunter ranged for months to help out my guild but it only resulted in me being bored with the game and unsubbing for a few months before coming back as tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Void based class would be more limiting than that of Tinker.

With a Tinker, you could easily have melee DPS, ranged DPS, tanking and potentially healing.
    You can also do all of those things with the Void. Like I said, we've already seen Void healing with SPs and Discs, so it is possible. You could also use void powers to tank (they give some pretty nice absorb barriers) and DPS as well as some teleportation abilities as seen on various void-themed mobs and even the VELF racial.

Also, ANY RACE can essentially take in the void and turn into this class where as basically only Gnomes and Goblins can be Tinkerers and thus limit the race choice for that class. Who wants to be forced into playing a shitty Gnome just so they can be a Tinkerer? Not I.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-11-29 at 10:15 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I just want a tank based around PURE evasion, nothing else, just evasion, no stagger, no parry, just evasion.

And another ranged spec, there hasn't been one since the games release lol.
    What would it be called? RNG tank? Lucky paper tank? Rogue with evasion?

Has to be ranged, has to wear mail, other than that, don't care what the style is, but those two things are sorely lacking right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Cloth wearing melee DPS would be awesome too. Would make 3 plate, 2 mail, 4 leather and 4 cloth wearers, not too bad. Mail is the lamest of armor styles anyway, so having 2 is more than enough tbh.
    Just what the game needs, a third melee hero class to bench weaker melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Has to be ranged, has to wear mail, other than that, don't care what the style is, but those two things are sorely lacking right now.
    Why does it have to wear mail? Just because there are only 2 mail wearers? They can also add another plate or cloth and it would still be 4, 4, 3, 2. It doesn't have to be 4, 3, 3, 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Just what the game needs, a third melee hero class to bench weaker melee.
    I'd turn a Rogue spec into ranged to go along with the new Void class. Rogues have 3 melee specs and that's just wasteful. Give them the Dark Ranger spec with the bow/guns and bake Sub into Assassin since it's basically just an Assassin spec without poisons.

This will also give Rogues more variation. They'll have the sneaky spec with Assassin, the in your face pirate/combat spec with Outlaw, and the ranged spec with bows and guns.

BOOM new Void class brings in a melee a ranged and a healing spec and the new Rogue now has 2 melees and a ranged spec. Thats TWO new ranged specs with a net gain of ZERO new melee specs (since Rogue's loss of Sub will offset the Void class' melee spec).
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-11-29 at 10:25 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

5+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to wear mail? Just because there are only 2 mail wearers? They can also add another plate or cloth and it would still be 4, 4, 3, 2. It doesn't have to be 4, 3, 3, 3.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd turn a Rogue spec into ranged to go along with it. Rogues have 3 melee specs and that's just wasteful. Give them the Dark Ranger spec with the bow/guns and bake Sub into Assassin since it's basically just an Assassin spec without poisons.
    I laughed at this so hard...but it's sooo true.

Tradeability, when there's more classes that wear a particular armor type you're more likely to have more of that type in your raid and the more trading you can do. Cloth/plate/leather(specially leather) have no issues getting their gear because there's these different classes to go around, but with how long shaman's have been less then desirable, and the fact they only have hunters to pair with, mail is a pain in the ass to get. We only had 1 mail wearer in raid, and he was always behind everyone else. More variety is needed. I'd go so far as to say we could also use a mail wearing tank (and a cloth one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tradeability, when there's more classes that wear a particular armor type you're more likely to have more of that type in your raid and the more trading you can do. Cloth/plate/leather(specially leather) have no issues getting their gear because there's these different classes to go around, but with how long shaman's have been less then desirable, and the fact they only have hunters to pair with, mail is a pain in the ass to get. We only had 1 mail wearer in raid, and he was always behind everyone else. More variety is needed. I'd go so far as to say we could also use a mail wearing tank (and a cloth one)
    I remember back when having LESS of an armor class in your raid was better since you had tokens drop that were armor class specific. Then they switched it to tokens with 3-4 classes on them. They can go back to those tokens and it would be fair again.

I remember back when having LESS of an armor class in your raid was better since you had tokens drop that were armor class specific. Then they switched it to tokens with 3-4 classes on them. They can go back to those tokens and it would be fair again.
    With Personal loot you want more of an armor type, you'll never want less.

Quote Originally Posted by RundinO View Post
    To be fair, I already do this with my Hunter (tech heavy theme). Not something new. With Tinkerer as what you say, would be another redundancy of classes. All you have to do is give my Hunter a mech suit ability and I'd be a Tinkerer.
    That's an over simplification.

A tinker with mech suit would be a tank almost without a doubt.

Next ranged dps would likely have guns plus building turrets and throwing bomblings. Doesn't sound like what a hunter does to me.

Also it's worth mentioning that a tinker does not step on anyone's else niche abilities in look or feel unlike a ranger

- - - Updated - - -

I'd turn a Rogue spec into ranged to go along with the new Void class. Rogues have 3 melee specs and that's just wasteful. Give them the Dark Ranger spec with the bow/guns and bake Sub into Assassin since it's basically just an Assassin spec without poisons.

This will also give Rogues more variation. They'll have the sneaky spec with Assassin, the in your face pirate/combat spec with Outlaw, and the ranged spec with bows and guns.

BOOM new Void class brings in a melee a ranged and a healing spec and the new Rogue now has 2 melees and a ranged spec. Thats TWO new ranged specs with a net gain of ZERO new melee specs (since Rogue's loss of Sub will offset the Void class' melee spec).
    Kind of wish they'd just turn Subtlety into a Nightblade spec already. It's already doing magic damage now. All it really needs is more mid-ranged magic attacks/CC and it would essentially be a Nightblade. Rift's Nightblade spec is a perfect example. I'm just dreaming, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    It is mega obvious that the next class will be Dark Rangers. I believe it should be restricted to undead but of course blizzard will also give it to alliance to be faire with both faction while spitting on fantasy.
    I was begging for wardens for night elves and dark rangers for horde, but we all know how it ends with current state of the dev team and player base.
    if only blizzard had the skill or spine to do it.

wow weapons are already comically large more often than not and arms,fury,survival and havoc can all fit your description of high mobility large weapon wielding melee... how much more do you need seriosuly...

now more on topic: the void class is an awfully vague concept, for what class are we even talking about? if it makes sense sure but there's not much to talk about right now

What about a healer with an extremely short range? Amazing healing ability but very short range, like a battlefield medic of sorts. ...and two ranged healing/dps specs.

Edit: I think @Thagrynor's version of Tinkerer might be able to pull this off.
    is a healer a melee spec?

- - - Updated - - -

The reason for this is that people ENJOY melee over ranged. They are basically just giving people what they enjoy playing. Yes, ranged is important because it makes raids and dungeons easier, but you can't force players to switch over to a play style they don't enjoy. That is where the major problem with ranged arise. I tried playing a Mage and Hunter ranged for months to help out my guild but it only resulted in me being bored with the game and unsubbing for a few months before coming back as tank.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also do all of those things with the Void. Like I said, we've already seen Void healing with SPs and Discs, so it is possible. You could also use void powers to tank (they give some pretty nice absorb barriers) and DPS as well as some teleportation abilities as seen on various void-themed mobs and even the VELF racial.

Also, ANY RACE can essentially take in the void and turn into this class where as basically only Gnomes and Goblins can be Tinkerers and thus limit the race choice for that class. Who wants to be forced into playing a shitty Gnome just so they can be a Tinkerer? Not I.
    where is your source that people enjoy melee over ranged?

5+ Year Old Account
    Tinker
    Necromancer
    Void Knight
    Fel Knight
    some people ask for Dark Ranger
    Warden
    more specs for old classes.

MORE RANGE DPS

pick your fighter

My bet is still either Tinker or Dark Ranger, or both.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    That's an over simplification.

A tinker with mech suit would be a tank almost without a doubt.

Next ranged dps would likely have guns plus building turrets and throwing bomblings. Doesn't sound like what a hunter does to me.

Also it's worth mentioning that a tinker does not step on anyone's else niche abilities in look or feel unlike a ranger

If you read closely, this was a response to a very simple explanation of what someone thought a Tinkerer should be. I stand by my assessment based on the original statement.

If you would have read further, you would have seen that I agreed that their more "fleshed out" out idea held merit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    is a healer a melee spec?
    There is currently no healer spec that requires minimal range to be effective. I just though it would be a cool concept, as well as seeing a healing class ducking in and out of melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the hints at a possible Dark Ranger class have restored a tiny sliver of hope in me for a return of ranged survival playstyle. If RSV would return in the form of a dark ranger class with renamed/reskinned abilities, I would be overjoyed and probably start raiding again.

What about a healer with an extremely short range? Amazing healing ability but very short range, like a battlefield medic of sorts. ...and two ranged healing/dps specs.
    Holy paladin mastery increases your healing the closer you are to your target, so I think that counts as a "melee healer"?