Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What's up with the Darkshore rares droprate?

Killed every rare in Darkshore with 6 characters now, got exactly 0 mounts, 0 pets and 0 toys.

By this rare, I'll be happy if I have half the rewards by the end of the next expansion. Is this how blizzard's keeping their players occupied ? Frankly sick of the drop rates.

I had the opposite to this... rng is fun isn’t ?

I know a lot got the chimera on their first kill while I didn't. Very angering indeed!!!!

Then again, the same happened for me in Arathi. Sad times!

Yeah, randomness and complaints about it are totally new to this game. I highly doubt you didn't get anything in 20 kills, and if so, you'd be etreeeemely unlucky. I assume the DRs are eactly the same as in arathi, why would they change them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yeah, randomness and complaints about it are totally new to this game. I highly doubt you didn't get anything in 20 kills, and if so, you'd be etreeeemely unlucky. I assume the DRs are eactly the same as in arathi, why would they change them?
    I am fairly certain they nerfed the arathi droprates. I got everything from arathi apart from one mount and one pet on day one. Idk if that's a giant luck or too high droprates that were loweres after.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I am fairly certain they nerfed the arathi droprates. I got everything from arathi apart from one mount and one pet on day one. Idk if that's a giant luck or too high droprates that were loweres after.
    And i'm still missing 4 items despite having killed every rare 25+ times. Realistically, the cosmetic DR will be something between 5 and 10%, probably lower for mounts. After two drkshore runs i had mybe 4 cosmetics and 5-6 gear items.

Oh no man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Would u like the "rare" spawns to be rare instead? I mean like, time-lost proto rare?

Or guaranteed and u can kill it once and forget? BOTH of these are scenarios are absurd in every way.

So many want their instant gratification reward, and when they don't get it, it's onwards to the forums to complain cause there was no participation medal.

Personally I do this:
    Oh, no mount this reset, argh! Well, next reset to try again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerow View Post
    Oh no man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Would u like the "rare" spawns to be rare instead? I mean like, time-lost proto rare?

Or guaranteed and u can kill it once and forget? BOTH of these are scenarios are absurd in every way.

So many want their instant gratification reward, and when they don't get it, it's onwards to the forums to complain cause there was no participation medal.

Personally I do this:
    Oh, no mount this reset, argh! Well, next reset to try again...
    Realisticly? Some kind of dimishing return would make me happy. How is it fun I had to kill Alakir 267 times until he decided to give me his stupid mount, but Yog'saron gave me his on first run. It's two extremes and none of them are fun.

Got the Chimera, 2 pets and 1 toy today.

Did 12 required rares for WR quest, all 4 mount ones on three 120's.

Seems fine to me.

Realisticly? Some kind of dimishing return would make me happy. How is it fun I had to kill Alakir 267 times until he decided to give me his stupid mount, but Yog'saron gave me his on first run. It's two extremes and none of them are fun.
    They are rare drops though. There are a few of these I do not have myself of both old and new. I'm not fussed. They day will come when it drops. But the drop rate is meant to be rare. This is one of those cases where it's best to accept and move on. Or would we want tokens for rare mounts and toys too? No thank you. Guaranteed drops are out there aswel, but u got to work for them. Like the most recent "Hivemind".

And just to add. I haven't gotten a single Arathi mount, will drop eventually, it's not like it's a lot of work.

Deleted
    Yog'saron gave me his on first run. It's two extremes and none of them are fun.
    That first run one sounds damn fun to me. If 1 is too few and 267 is too many for it to be fun, then what is the kill number interval where it actually is fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the slot machine reward structure.

- - - Updated - - -

The trick is to kill it when it's current, then you have a fun challenge and also get a 100% mount drop rate.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I still only have one of the Arathi mounts, so its not only Darkshore. Its really just random chance being random.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerow View Post
    And just to add. I haven't gotten a single Arathi mount, will drop eventually, it's not like it's a lot of work.
    Uhm. Aren't those 100% drop or was it bugged the first week? Me and my guild all got them on first kills...

Took me 3 rotations to get my first artahi mount. Still missing 2 there. Got 3 darkshore mounts today. RNG is a bitch.

Killed every rare in Darkshore with 6 characters now, got exactly 0 mounts, 0 pets and 0 toys.

By this rare, I'll be happy if I have half the rewards by the end of the next expansion. Is this how blizzard's keeping their players occupied ? Frankly sick of the drop rates.
    Oh no... you had 0 drops from 6 kills!!?!?! *gasp*

Dude, seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post

The trick is to kill it when it's current, then you have a fun challenge and also get a 100% mount drop rate.
    Tell that to green gul'dan infernal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Oh no... you had 0 drops from 6 kills!!?!?! *gasp*

Dude, seriously.
    Learn to count. 6 characters, aproximately 19 mobs that drop mounts, toys and pets. That's 114 kills and 0 drops. I actually cleared it on a nother character since and got 2 drops, so that's 133 kills and two drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Uhm. Aren't those 100% drop or was it bugged the first week? Me and my guild all got them on first kills...
    That's what I was talking about... I got 4/5 of the Arathi mounts on the first kill. That's crazy luck, unless it was bug or super high drop chance.

Tell that to green gul'dan infernal.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to count. 6 characters, aproximately 19 mobs that drop mounts, toys and pets. That's 114 kills and 0 drops. I actually cleared it on a nother character since and got 2 drops, so that's 133 kills and two drops.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was talking about... I got 4/5 of the Arathi mounts on the first kill. That's crazy luck, unless it was bug or super high drop chance.
    Ever heard of probability? you seem to have skipped the class that talked about it

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG I got one of the saber mounts on my 2nd kill. Still don't have the rest and I'm missing that white raptor mount from Arathi

i did a full rotation yesterday. 1 mount and 5 toys/pets.

rng is rng.