View Poll Results: Do you like Paragon chests?

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • Yes if the drop rate was higher

21 18.58%
  • Yes if it had bad luck protection.

27 23.89%
  • No i hate it

38 33.63%
  • It needs a coin shop

1 0.88%
  • I don't care

26 23.01%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Post Do you like Paragon chests?

Hey there. Do you like Paragon chests? I like them but the drop rate should be way higher than in legion or else it would just be even more frustating. Paragon chests give me a purpose do to world quest, so i hope the drop rate are fair this time. I am still missing the dreamweavers mount and so far have opened 62 chests that's 620000 rep farming which is insane. So would you like BFA paragon if the drop rate is fair?

10+ Year Old Account
    In Legion I would grind only select few factions for their particular mount rewards and was thankfully lucky enough to get them well before the launch of BfA. The problem is mounts were such a considerable and desirable reward to chase after that I, like many many other players, probably did more "rep grinding" for said mounts than we did to reach exalted in the first place.

I feel like Paragon chests, and the concept of Paragon reputation by extension, was to make it so world quests and emissary quest had relevance beyond hitting exalted with any given faction. But it just another piece of content, in my opinion, that you are forced to grind for a reward that is determined by an RNG. Again another example of Blizzard putting to much emphasis on "luck" being the determining factor or variable when it comes to satisfaction.

Nothing really interests me too much to grind Paragon reputations, I'd prefer Paragon reputation be when you hit exalted and choose a faction at your discretion to pursue a higher level of reputation with but doing so doubles or triples the Azerite, gold, and resources from World Quests so you can choose the zones and factions you want to keep questing for and ignore the ones you don't and your rewards are guaranteed either by purchasing them with a special Paragon currency or something.

I don't dislike the idea of Paragon Chests. However, players get stuck between a rock and a Paragon Chest very easily.

Despite the fact that I was doing emissaries quite often, I never got the mounts from the Dreamweavers and Nightfallen (and I got the last elekk from the Army of the Light like a week and a half ago). During Legion's lifetime, I had little reason to do emissaries/WQs to get Paragon Chests after I already got the rewards from them, which sometimes happened quite quickly (2 chests, max), and other times never happened at all.

I want to say for both Dreamweavers and Nightfallen, across multiple characters, I got something like 13 chests each. For a collector like myself, that's frustrating, because I was certainly putting in a lot of effort for the only thing I wanted, with no way to guarantee that I could get it (something like bad luck protection). For BfA, there are some Paragon Chests that have several rewards, so my hope is that they drop more frequently and/or have bad luck protection.

The other problem is that things like collection items don't have an appeal for some people at all. Lots of people now are kind of annoyed that the new chests contain toys and pets, instead of mounts or transmog. While I'm happy with any of those items, I certainly can see how things like mounts and transmog would have a wider appeal than toys for most players. They also are spread across both factions, so if there's anything anyone wants, they might have to do these emissaries across at least one character on both factions.

If Blizzard doesn't add them, people get pissed. If Blizzard does add them, people get pissed. I would much prefer bad luck protection, or a currency that could come from the chests to buy the items if you don't have luck from the chests themselves. I like to earn rewards, but it's not rewarding to continue to get chests, and not the fun items that they solely exist for.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I think given the context of world quests where I'm doing rep activities well beyond exalted, they are a good thing to have. I didn't like low RNG mounts behind them, but I have no problem with the concept.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    Did EVERY Valajar emmisary and elite WQ throughout whole of Legion, didt get Stormdrake, not a fan of Paragon chests being RNGfest for mounts that should have been exalted reward.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    No, because I see them as a way to pad out the relevancy of WQs and reputations.

I like putting in the work to grind a rep and getting the reward for it. Grind for a few weeks, maybe a little over a month or more depending on how often you play/your dedication. Then you get your rewards from the vendor and get the satisfaction of completion. The RNG loot crates ruin that satisfaction for me personally. Now I'm not ever really 'done', I still have more grinding with no guarantee for success, and bc of RNG I'll never know how long it will take to get what I want.

At least these chests only give out toys, but I'd rather RNG stay with raids, mob drops, and dungeons.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

It depends on the rewards I guess. I'm not a fan of toys but I also get the argument that mounts should be an exalted reward.

In Legion I mostly did emissaries for the drop chance of a Legendary, and I found that ok. Maybe a chance for a piece of azerite armor would make people like me happy?! I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    At least these chests only give out toys, but I'd rather RNG stay with raids, mob drops, and dungeons.
    There are several pets from these chests Alliance side, but more toys on the Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There are several pets from these chests Alliance side, but more toys on the Horde.
    Oh, I must have missed that! Thanks
    Though I don't mind pets as much either, since they added so many they kinda lost their novelty and value to me as a collector.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Clownkiller View Post
    Hey there. Do you like Paragon chests? I like them but the drop rate should be way higher than in legion or else it would just be even more frustating. Paragon chests give me a purpose do to world quest, so i hope the drop rate are fair this time. I am still missing the dreamweavers mount and so far have opened 62 chests that's 620000 rep farming which is insane. So would you like BFA paragon if the drop rate is fair?
    Where's the plain "yes" option?

Goes to show how biased you are considering the crappy "yes, if" options, geez.

To be honest? I never cared for them.

I just want something to do on my main.....

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes - but only if they drop gold, or a reasonable chance at mounts or transmog. Not really interested in toys or in .000001% drops, I find those lame as !@#$
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, because I'm doing some quests here and there (usually for emissary chest or for world boss) and that reputation just wasted. With paragon chest there's some tiny reward which is nice anyway. Don't really care about drop rate, etc, never gonna farm them. But even 1 gold better than nothing!

i feel like paragon system is irrelevant now. If it had been up during week 2 and 3 when WQ's were still relevant content (be4 raids and m+ opend up) then that would have been fine.
    Now it feels like to little to late.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike any examples of a previously finite and attainable goal being turned into an endless treadmill.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Unique armor sets and/or weapon*not reskinned garbage* sets related to the faction you get the cache from, would be an awesome idea tbh.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I hate them. WQs are simply not fun and the only persistent rewards ingame are of a cosmetic nature these days, so while I like the rewards, I hate to play the slotmachine with a cactus for a lever that can only be pulled by your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Oh, I must have missed that! Thanks
    Though I don't mind pets as much either, since they added so many they kinda lost their novelty and value to me as a collector.
    Yeah I can understand that. These are kind of fun, there may be one you'd like - an eel, a bat, a raven, and an albatross.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289023/...s-of-vengeance

It's another thing to do something you don't enjoy just for a silly reward. Skinner's box all over the place.