Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally, I only use Dragon mounts for all my characters. And for land mounts, I got with the one that fits my character the most lore-wise.

Not everyone feels the need to min/max every minute detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Then it is because of their exclusivity or to complete a collection.
    It's the same reason people collect transmog.
    It is.. I feel so sad for these people. How miserable can someone be to seek to have a collection of virtual items. If it is a mount you'll use or xmog you'll use everyday it is normal, but farming pieces that you know you won't use... They need to consult therapists.

I can't stand the engi robo mount flying animation. This side to side flying gives me headaches. On the ground it is ok.
    My personal flying mount is the spectral wyvern/gryphon because your shadow is just you sitting in the air and that looks funny.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Each one of my chars have a different set of 4 or 5 mounts, based on race and class, so right now Im using about 30 or 35 different mounts.

I use one or two specific flying mount (mostly based on class, but I don't use the Legion Class mount, except for rogue and sometimes warlock, as those are the only I really like, and sometimes based on profession, if available).
    I use one for land (not the waterstrider, as that poor bug is horrible).
    One for water (Waterstrider, but only if I have to cross a long distance water body... I change to my ground mount as soon as I get to the other side).
    One for underwater.
    And I have 5 or 6 set as favourites, so I use them when taking the flight point from Dalaran... Blizzard should implement that to EVERY flight point, GOD!

I've always thought the Goblin Shredder and Water Strider were terrible design decisions, but I expected more variety to come. Apparently the developers don't like the idea either. Both of these mounts came out in MOP, almost 10 years ago. Lmao. I have both, but I don't really use either, but I'm an outlier I think. Come to think of it the Yak came out in MOP too lmao.

I know this is sorta offtopic, but i had a crazy ass dream last night.

I dreamt that we got class mounts like legion, but warlocks and mages got class mounts with an auctioneer on it. All other classes got regular mounts.

Imagine if this actually happened, The shitstorm would be unreal.

I see plenty of different mounts on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

If you say WoW ONLY has 7 mounts...then explain how are players are getting achievements like *Lord of the reigns*?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Then it is because of their exclusivity or to complete a collection.
    It's the same reason people collect transmog.
    or girlfriends..wine bottles..etc
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2018-12-05 at 06:03 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Y'all need to roll a DK or shaman for water walking

I have 2 mounts
    Xmog mount
    Twilight drake - first 'rare' flying mount I ever got after we downed Sarth +3 and looks so damn cool

I literally do not care for any other mounts, except the frostwyrms and invincible

While I prefer the Headless Horseman's mount, each one of my toons has their own favorite mount.

I've got water strider, aquatic mount, and traveler yak on all of my action bars but I very very rarely use any of them. All of my characters use different mounts for both land and air.

Well, I've been using the chopper ever since getting it in WotLK. I could care less about the utilities when I have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I know that there are some cool looking mounts, but why but why would I use another ground mount than the Strider or the Engineer Herb Machine? Same goes for flying, why use something that is not the herb mount (except for when you want to fly with 2 persons of course)?.
    Because not everything is about min-maxing. Some people like the way things look. Are you one of those people from those "heritage armor is stupid" and "remove transmog" threads?

How did "I personally only use 7 mounts" transformed into "WoW only has 7 mounts" ?

All my characters are using different mounts. For sure I have the Waterstrider and the Yak in my toolbars when required, but most of the time I'm riding something else. Fiery hawk, Legion class mount, ICC mount, Netherwind drake, Fey dragon, depends on the mood and transmog of said char. I'm even using some Ruinstriders from time to time (especially because most of flying mounts look stupid in no-flying areas, and the Waterstrider's walking sound is boring af).

So sorry OP, your point of view does not represent the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    How did "I personally only use 7 mounts" transformed into "WoW only has 7 mounts" ?

All my characters are using different mounts. For sure I have the Waterstrider and the Yak in my toolbars when required, but most of the time I'm riding something else. Fiery hawk, Legion class mount, ICC mount, Netherwind drake, Fey dragon, depends on the mood and transmog of said char. I'm even using some Ruinstriders from time to time.

So sorry OP, your point of view does not represent the whole game.
    I am replying on the thread title. Which clearly states there are ONLY 7 mounts in the whole game, period. Either he lives under a rock, or he cleary didn't mean to actually mean only 7 in game. How do players get the mount achievements if only 7 exist? lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It feels very strange to me that mounts in their current form are still used as incentive / reward for many aspects of the game despite the fact that the average player uses only 4/5 (out of 7) mounts in general:

- Long boy
    - Traveler Yak
    - Water Strider
    - Engineer Flying Herbalism Machine
    - Heart of the Nightwing / X53 Rocket / Sandstone Drake
    As a druid, make that zero.
    It's not an incentive.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It feels very strange to me that mounts in their current form are still used as incentive / reward for many aspects of the game despite the fact that the average player uses only 4/5 (out of 7) mounts in general:

- Long boy
    - Traveler Yak
    - Water Strider
    - Engineer Flying Herbalism Machine
    - Heart of the Nightwing / X53 Rocket / Sandstone Drake

I know that there are some cool looking mounts, but why but why would I use another ground mount than the Strider or the Engineer Herb Machine? Same goes for flying, why use something that is not the herb mount (except for when you want to fly with 2 persons of course)?

I think before adding new mounts the current system should be enhanced and there should be ways (through long questlines and can also include a large gold component) to get an item that permanently modifies a mount of your choice and adds either permanent water walking or harblism or mining or skinning abilities to it (granted, skinning might be a bit useless, but why not?)
    How it works? Freaking magic man, if we already have the items that can do it (but are to bothersome to deal with), so no real reason to be bothered by it.

I know there are some more in-depth ideas about how to improve the mount system out there and I am all up for it. But I really think that if mounts are planned as incentives in the future something has to change to make them more relevant again.
    you are completely wrong in your assumptions.

first wrong one is that everyone uses the engineering flying herbalism machine or the heart of the nightwing/rocket/drake to fly - why would you use the first if you aren't a herbalist, and why would you use the second lot if you aren't in a group.

second is that people use the Yak/Mammoth - sure, having a vendor in the middle of nowhere is good but vendors are bloody everywhere these days. as for transmog, unless you are transmogging every single time you get a new piece while levelling (which is the biggest waste of gold ever) then you don't need it that often.

third is that everyone uses the water strider, which is again wrong - there are at least a few classes that can walk on water and so can their mounts. sure they are useful but not everyone uses them.

on my herbalists i use the Sky Golem, and will continue to when flying is introduced. but for the rest of my toons I use random mount

Deleted
    Congratulations to Blizzard - so many people use water strider mounts because they deny flying and most zones have too many bodies of water to be traversed on other mounts. At least I have both versions, so I can use the red one on my Horde characters and the blue one for the Alliance. Of course, with herbalists I have to use one of the 2 shredder mounts I have. I also only summon trading mounts if I have to use them. They are too big to ride around on them.

But I also have favorite mounts per character in my sidebars, and also a good chunk of mounts both flying and not-flying which are set to favorites and now and then summoned via the random favorite button. I also see other rare mounts than the one you have listed. You probably just don't pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    As a druid, make that zero.
    It's not an incentive.
    If you would ask me I would implement some questline for druids that transfers their abilities to regular mounts. Meaning instantmount, able to interact without dismounting, no daze dismount etcI actually think this should be fine, if I am not missing some aspect or the game.

I use a different flying and ground mount for all my characters and I switch them too from time to time. The utility mounts are nice and are also used when I want to.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow