Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF13 hands down no contest

From the game series that i played:
    Age of Empires III
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    The Bureau: XCom Declassified (such a good set-up, but bad game)
    C&C 4 Tiberian Twilight (nowadays i know to stay away from things with Twilight in the title)
    Dawn of War 3
    Dead Space 3
    Dragon Age II (your choices do not matter anymore)
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Fallout 76
    Final Fantasy XIII series
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    LoH: ToCS2
    Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
    May Payne 3
    X-Com Interceptor and Enforcer

I probably now some more but currently suppress any memories of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    FF13 hands down no contest
    Say what you will about 13 but at least it gave us the real ending

13-2 the real ending was DLC *Flips table*

For me in the FF series that honor goes to 2.

Boring story, boring characters, underwhelming end boss and the way stats levelled up was meh imo.

DAI, ME:A, DMC2, BFA (worse than wod - wod at least had good class design just nothing to do beyond trying to get the best times in challenge modes)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because for me it's most certainly not the worst. WoD takes that honour.
    Serious question how is WoD worse? WoD at least the classes were fun to play if we had legions M+ in wod it would actually have been seen as a pretty decent entry outside of taking away flight which bfa and legion also did the worst part about wod was just a lack of stuff to do. But when you did stuff at least it felt fluid and fun. BFA feels choppy and just plain slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Dragon Age 2 is basically the poster child for this situation

And this may be a bit controversial but... the first Witcher game as well. The story and characters and depth and all that were amazing, but holy shit that game is CLUNKY and difficult to enjoy. Both sequels kept up the quality of the plot while also drastically improving playability.
    DAI is so much worse than DA2 though. DA2 is at least somewhat fun to play DAI was supposedly designed for the pc but plays horribly also the story is so freaking meh. But yeah the Witcher the first one uh yeah those controls are not good it's one of the few games that's probably better to watch a let's play of.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    DAI, ME:A, DMC2, BFA (worse than wod - wod at least had good class design just nothing to do beyond trying to get the best times in challenge modes)

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question how is WoD worse? WoD at least the classes were fun to play if we had legions M+ in wod it would actually have been seen as a pretty decent entry outside of taking away flight which bfa and legion also did the worst part about wod was just a lack of stuff to do. But when you did stuff at least it felt fluid and fun. BFA feels choppy and just plain slow.
    It had a patch dedicated to a stupid camera and Twitter, it had 1 major content patch, it had the longest content drought, lack of stuff to do as you say, the launch was a complete mess for the first 5 days and the list goes on.

People can call it "Beta for Azeroth" if they want. But it's a damn sight better than WoD imo.

Civilization: Beyond Earth comes to mind. I was so pumped for that game. What a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It had a patch dedicated to a stupid camera and Twitter, it had 1 major content patch, it had the longest content drought, lack of stuff to do as you say, the launch was a complete mess for the first 5 days and the list goes on.

People can call it "Beta for Azeroth" if they want. But it's a damn sight better than WoD imo.
    But it's not because the underlying game systems feel awful to play. WoD at least was fun to play and I would rather have the camera patch than 7.3.5 which was actively destructive to parts of the game I loved with killing instance leveling and then the GCD fiasco.

But it's not because the underlying game systems feel awful to play. WoD at least was fun to play and I would rather have the camera patch than 7.3.5 which was actively destructive to parts of the game I loved with killing instance leveling and then the GCD fiasco.
    And you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Both are subjective. I don't mind Azerite now the catchup has caught up a bit. I imagine in 8.3 it'll be put into overdrive like AP was.

I have my gripes with BFA admittedly but WoD for me was far worse. I'd most certainly take 8.1 or 7.3.5 over 6.1.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-07 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Civilization: Beyond Earth comes to mind. I was so pumped for that game. What a let down.
    Agreed. I hated that goddamn mindflower, but the other options required 3x the work... sigh.

King's Quest VIII and Phantasy Star I. I played the PS series in reverse order so that didn't help. As hyped up as the events of the first game were in the sequels I was excited to play through the original story that started it all, but discovered the legend was better than first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Quest for Glory V.
    I miss the Quest for Glory series. I didn't hate V, but I can see why it could be considered the worst of the series. They tried experimenting and it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    2. Final Fantasy 12. Obviously everyone loved to rip into FF XIII, but imo 12 was terrible as well. I am the kind of person who mostly just stops playing and subsequently forgets about game I an not enjoying, but for whatever reason, maybe because up until that point even sub-par FF games I still enjoyed playing, I played all the way through FF12 just waiting for the game to actually get fun and it never did. The story is bland, the characters are boring, and the combat system just flat out sucks. It felt like I was playing a crappy MMO by myself the entire time.
    The story irritated me, it contradicted itself and that was never once addressed in the game. The antagonists seek to end the manipulation of the Occuria while being manipulated by an Occuria and ultimately Ashe played right into their hands so the ending didn't feel satisfactory either.

Also, Basch should've stayed the main character.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Suikoden IV was unbelievably bad. Weird and horrible. Boring and lifeless. It was so bad that I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Ratchet & Clank 1. Not by virtue of being bad, but by being the first game in a series where every iteration learned from the predecessor.

2: let's add strafing so people can actually move and aim their guns at the enemy at the same time!
    3: wow, that feature is so popular people are taping their triggers down to just have it on all the game! Let's just make that a toggle!

And so on, but those were the big ones.

Another thing that came to mind was that phone Dungeon Keeper game but does it even count if it's not even made by the same people? Dungeon Keeper for life, and War for the Overworld was a decent enough take on its mechanics. I always remember that phone Dungeon Keeper though for sheer absurdity. It may very well be the worst video game ever created.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-12-10 at 05:36 AM.

Gears of War Judgement.

I did enjoy how different the Multiplayer was and the addictions to the SP campaign, But the story in the campaign itself was trash. Story is my main reason to play a Gears game and Judgments was just trash.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Shin megami tensei devil survivor 2
    The first one really pulled me in with its story but I just couldn’t get invested in the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Tales of Xillia 2 would be mine... I sure hope the former answer doesn't change after 4 days. ;p
    Tales of Xillia 2 in a world where Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World and Tales of Zestiria exist.

):<

10+ Year Old Account
    World Of Warcraft because... REASONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Another thing that came to mind was that phone Dungeon Keeper game but does it even count if it's not even made by the same people? Dungeon Keeper for life, and War for the Overworld was a decent enough take on its mechanics. I always remember that phone Dungeon Keeper though for sheer absurdity. It may very well be the worst video game ever created.
    Bolded text reminds me of something we've seen recently
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    Gothic 4 was a disaster our of the Gothic series . Only nice part was the graphic at that time, it looked nice, but the story was shit and the quests also shit.
    Small note to Gothic 2 ending.. the last boss was so eazy imo 1 spell and two sword hits and dead :\
    Word. Gothic 4 was so bad I abandoned it after 3 hours of playing it. Never touched it again in my life, even though it cost me my monthly money.

10+ Year Old Account
    When BfA has a 'major' patch dedicated to a selfie cam which replaced a canceled raid tier then we can talk about BfA being worse than WoD. But opinions are opinions after all
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance