Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Umm no thank you.

But cheers.

At least there is no luck based system, that determines your chances at getting loot.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    I’m not sure they’re mutually exclusive.

You could have base progression from all content, and specific content type progression as well.

Also, I don’t think people understand the idea you’re trying to propose lol. Based on the current comments at least. That might be a mark against the idea as well.
    I get the same feeling... i probably didn't describe it that well ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clear it up:

it's not about remove gearing.
    it's about gearing in several aspects of the game.

Like: why does someone interested in arenas/rbgs should go raiding to improve the gear?
    That's what should change

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Okay, i don't want gearing to be removed but the iteration right now makes me think a lot.

I got the feeling that you get "forced" to do a lot of things/content you don't want to do/enjoy doing just because it is necessary to obtain gear.

For example:
    1) Let's say you are an absolute fan rnd bgs. At some point you realize that all the others have better gear and that for an advantage. So you start doing arenas to get better gear. You don't enjoy them, you're bad at it -> you hate it and your mates hate it - everyone lost.

2) You like doing wq's only. You want to improve & progress your character. With wq you can only get to (i don't know, have to assume here) ~350. You still want to progress you character so that you get better at the content you are enjoying (wq). So you have to go to dungeons. You're bad at it -> your run is not smooth -> everybody hates it, everybody lost

Wouldn't it be a better approach if you could progress your character in the specific fields that you want to get better at?
    For example:
    1) By doing rnd bgs you progress for rnd bgs nothing else.
    2) Let the ones enjoying wq content progress as far as they want (up to 385 if you want it) by doing wq.

As soon as they step into dungeon content thier wq progress is meaningless and they hae to progress in that field.

I haven't thought that one out yet, like how would the progress part work. Maybe getting talent points for talents for that field or something like that. But thinking of it: you wouldn't have to play with people who feel forced to do that content so it might reduce toxicity?

Pls discuss
    I mean you could just have an "item" in each slot, which has 4 stats on it
    Instanced PvE, Open World PvE, Instanced PvP, Open World PvP.

And when you do that stuff you get reward points to spend on that "stat".

So, if you only like to do WQs with WM off then you could spend all your points in Open World PvE stat and you'd be great at it.
    If you like to play with WM on, then you put all your points in Open World PvP stat.

Since you would only get points for a specific content type, from doing that content, then you only gear for what you like doing, by doing what you like.

Each of these "items" would have a transmog option so you could just look like what you wanted and you'd never need to change gear or anything.

Removing this new-age RNG gearing fest, sure. But not completely removing gearing - as it's pretty nice having an MMORPG still have some resemblance of gearing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I mean you could just have an "item" in each slot, which has 4 stats on it
    Instanced PvE, Open World PvE, Instanced PvP, Open World PvP.

And when you do that stuff you get reward points to spend on that "stat".

So, if you only like to do WQs with WM off then you could spend all your points in Open World PvE stat and you'd be great at it.
    If you like to play with WM on, then you put all your points in Open World PvP stat.

Since you would only get points for a specific content type, from doing that content, then you only gear for what you like doing, by doing what you like.

Each of these "items" would have a transmog option so you could just look like what you wanted and you'd never need to change gear or anything.
    Very Good! There we have the first iteration Could earn dem points for also talents or things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    At it's core, WoW is still an RPG. It lives and dies with its gearing. No gear = no RPG

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    I get the same feeling... i probably didn't describe it that well ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clear it up:

it's not about remove gearing.
    it's about gearing in several aspects of the game.

Like: why does someone interested in arenas/rbgs should go raiding to improve the gear?
    That's what should change
    No you didn't, your OP was a mess.

You do already get gear in several aspects of the game, and a system already exists for PvP players to get gear. They even have their own Cache now with Conquest points. So what are you even asking to change??

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove gearing and lose 90% of your subscribers.......what a great idea

Everyone, no matter what they do, will always want better gear, which is why there has to be limits based on the effort vs reward. If you just start giving out max level gear for WQ, you demotivate more difficult endeavors and the feeling of accomplishment you get for putting forth that effort. Imagine spending hundreds of pulls on a boss, getting that much sought after upgrade, only to see every other person playing the game walking around in the same gear they got from a WQ. There's very little prestige left in this game, epics are given out like candy, you can get very competitive gear with little effort. Removing the last small bit of rewards from more difficult content just makes 0 sense. A lot of people, myself included, would find a new game if that happened.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, don't remove Gearing from World of Warships, it's a nice US Tier X Destroyer.

Oh, World of WarCRAFT? Gear/levels/power are the last things that make an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Everyone, no matter what they do, will always want better gear, which is why there has to be limits based on the effort vs reward. If you just start giving out max level gear for WQ, you demotivate more difficult endeavors and the feeling of accomplishment you get for putting forth that effort. Imagine spending hundreds of pulls on a boss, getting that much sought after upgrade, only to see every other person playing the game walking around in the same gear they got from a WQ. There's very little prestige left in this game, epics are given out like candy, you can get very competitive gear with little effort. Removing the last small bit of rewards from more difficult content just makes 0 sense. A lot of people, myself included, would find a new game if that happened.
    For people who raid cutting edge the gear is practically meaningless or not? It simply is a a tool they get along the way. And as you said everybody get's alot of gear from basically every source. I would argue that that's somehow invalidates the "prestige" of having great gear. In fact when transmogging it nobody sees your ilvl?

Ilvl seems absolutely pointless...dunno. Cutting edge players get it anyways, for them it'S no real reward or prestige? having the mount for killing the endboss instead has.

It just makes no sense at all to cut certain people (for example wq at 340) because these people would play the fuck out of the game if they can progress over 6 month to 380ish by just doing the content they enjoy. It's a win win? after 6 month the next tier comes so nobody cares what ilvl you have...cutting edge raiders will have thier new ilvl full rather quick and for anybody else the "progress" simply stops at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG i pop in to forums now and then and see stupid ideas like that ?? Maybe People like OP are running the dev team thats why BFA is shit ??
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I can only agree in wanting pvp gear for pvp and pve gear for world content and raid/dung as it was during the resilience era
    Nope, it sucked then and it would suck now. It felt punishing as mainly a PvPer when I felt the need to jump into some PVE it was like starting from the beginning again as I didn't have the PVE gear to manage. How could your gear go from being able handle Other players to suddenly not being able to handle PVE content with drone like AI. Gear and weapons should never be locked to PVP/PVE, Armor is Armor and Weapons are Weapons it shouldn't matter where you acquire them.

In Classic PVE gear stomped PVP gear and that wasnt right or fair. Good luck to those returning to Classic cause I wouldn't be caught dead there.

Lots of people read the tittle and not the OP.

I did, and I'm not sure how the game could possibly know what gear was from WQs, or rather, not from WQs, and thus unusable when doing WQs (as an example). Or even if it could, I don't agree with the concept.

- - - Updated - - -

For people who raid cutting edge the gear is practically meaningless or not? It simply is a a tool they get along the way. And as you said everybody get's alot of gear from basically every source. I would argue that that's somehow invalidates the "prestige" of having great gear. In fact when transmogging it nobody sees your ilvl?

Ilvl seems absolutely pointless...dunno. Cutting edge players get it anyways, for them it'S no real reward or prestige? having the mount for killing the endboss instead has.

It just makes no sense at all to cut certain people (for example wq at 340) because these people would play the fuck out of the game if they can progress over 6 month to 380ish by just doing the content they enjoy. It's a win win? after 6 month the next tier comes so nobody cares what ilvl you have...cutting edge raiders will have thier new ilvl full rather quick and for anybody else the "progress" simply stops at some point.
    Decent points here though especially the last paragraph.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, OP.
    You do realize that what you suggest is effectively taking gearing away and creating an 'Artifact Power' meter for each aspect of the game, right?
    You are suggesting we change EVERYTHING to an AP system, where you HAVE to grind out dungeons just to get a good 'power level'.

Get out of here with that shit.
    Your dumb WQs cap at 340.
    Why?
    Because you don't need any more ilvl past that to do them.
    Hell, at 340 you can afk auto-attack white-hit everything to a slow death with nary a concern for yourself dying.

You don't need any more character progression.
    If your ceiling is WQs, then you've hit 340 ilvl, you've done it. Congrats.
    You essentially 'beat the game' that you chose to play.
    But get your pseudo-AP nonsense out of here.

10+ Year Old Account
    awful idea.

You have my vote for the dumbest thread of the 2018. And the year isn't even over.

Okay, i don't want gearing to be removed but the iteration right now makes me think a lot.

I got the feeling that you get "forced" to do a lot of things/content you don't want to do/enjoy doing just because it is necessary to obtain gear.
    I feel likes it "end of story" here. Blizzard are deliberately to make people play boring content and keep them sub'ed to the game. Therefore this is actually a part of their business model and will only be changed if they stop caring about money.. which will probably not happen.

Don't forget Swapblaster and Reflecting Prism REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE