Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    How about they go fuck themselves, and I will talk about beating a dead horse all I fucking want to. I'm going to say it more now.

Isn't feeding a fed horse still anti-horse?

In the "they feed geese extra food for foi gras" kind of way? Over-feeding a horse is probably bad for it's health.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    PETA is some of the weirdest fucking things there is. They are like nazis when it comes to how other people treat animals whilst simultaneously being some of the worst organisations when it comes to animal care.

I can think of some movements that do the same to the group they are suppose to care for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we should change some idioms of our own to provoke them. Something like "You can't have your steak and eat it too."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the only good thing about PETA is its ability to bring everyone from all walks of life together to hate on them.
    Fo real. I don't think there is a single dissenting opinion in this thread so far.

Which is a god damn miracle on MMO-Champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Deleted
    Taking the flowers by the thorns is a good one, but I'll not do it. Fuck peta. Lying, animal killing fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    "Feed a fed horse" - Isn't that animal abuse by overfeeding?
    At least a dead horse can't get dead-er.

15+ Year Old Account
    brb going to grill a steak
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

It is great that a noble organization like PETA is taking real steps to change culturally ingrained cases of anthropocentrism.

I stopped taking PETA seriously when I was a child. They are a bunch of ignorant fools.

Deleted
    Yes, because changing idioms is totally a thing people do. That's why it's called "when the reasonable sized lady sings" yessirree. I imagine we should change early bird gets the worm to early bird gets the seeds? And uh till the cows come home, is gonna be till the cows do whatever they want? And can't forget "as the crow flies" it should obviously be, as the stone is thrown Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    Well time to use their logic
    "Feed 2 birds with one scone" - I think your underfeeding the birds here.
    "Be the test tube" - that's offensive to bacteria
    "Feed a fed horse" - Isn't that animal abuse by overfeeding?
    "Bring home the bagels" - Your killing wheat you monster
    "Take the flower by the thorns" - I mean, that's one pick up line for you i guess???
    I thought you're kidnapping and eating the chickens young because of the eggs

Oh PETA never stop making me laugh at you.

Besides people eating tasty animals sounds much better.

Well this is more idiotic than person-first language.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They're also taking photos of you while you poop if you bring your cell phone in the bathroom.
    ad agencies have beein doin that since the blackberry

Personally I don't think opened minded people should have an issue with this. When societal views change, things that used to be considered acceptable to say will change and some language (whether it be certain phrases, stereotypes, jokes, opinions, etc.) will fall out of favour and get used less often or not at all. This isn't necessarily a case of authoritarian censorship, it's just simply a case of people no longer finding it appropriate to say certain things and just not saying them.

Here are a few examples:

Example 1: Childrens rhyme (racism)
    "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe", the rhyme that is taught to children to help make a pseudo random choice between several options, nowadays typically follows with "Catch a tiger by the toe, if it hollers let it go", whereas older versions had it as "Catch a nigger by the toe; If he hollers let him go", and apparently some even had "If he won't work then let him go", implying that the role of blacks is to be slaves (which of course it was back in those days).

Example 2: Opinions (racism)
    Here's a video of a journalist interviewing people on the streets of Australia in 1962 regarding the White Australia Policy (laws which enabled preventing non-whites from immigrating to Australia):

One lady in particular gave this reason for wanting to keep the laws: "Because when the coloured races, when they get into a white country, they'll want to intermarry and I don't think it's fair for the children. I don't think at all that they should allow coloured races into Australia."

I think the vast majority of people in modern western society would think that is an extremely inappropriate thing to say; most probably wouldn't even have imagined such reasoning. Yet in the 60s it was such a normal thing to say that a woman was happy to publicly express that view on national television.

Example 3: Box art (sexism)
    You may have seen this Battleship box art from the 1950s:

Which implies that the role of women is doing the housework while the men relax and play games. Nowadays this box art just seems ridiculous to the point of hilarity, yet evidently it was seen as normal enough in the 1950s to warrant placing it on the box of a game.
    Last edited by Turtel; 2018-12-06 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we just say "Fuck off peta"? instead of everything. They are certified assholes.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Example 3: Box art (sexism)
    You may have seen this Battleship box art from the 1950s:

Which implies that the role of women is doing the housework while the men relax and play games. Nowadays this box art just seems ridiculous to the point of hilarity, yet evidently it was seen as normal enough in the 1950s to warrant placing it on the box of a game.
    Gawd the perspective is terrible, the ground is incredibly sloped and the woman is two feet tall, if even.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    People were shorter back then.
    What a horrible show lol. Hill ruined it. The woman was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Example 1: Childrens rhyme (racism)
    "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe", the rhyme that is taught to children to help make a pseudo random choice between several options, nowadays typically follows with "Catch a tiger by the toe, if it hollers let it go", whereas older versions had it as "Catch a nigger by the toe; If he hollers let him go", and apparently some even had "If he won't work then let him go", implying that the role of blacks is to be slaves (which of course it was back in those days).
    The rhyme doesn't even originate in English for fuck's sake. Yes the racist versions existed but stop pretending they were anything other than regional adaptations.