Its not that they're not putting effort, they're just doing it wrong

This is something that I thought about today.

People talk as if the fault for WoW being so shitty right now is Activision's greed or something like that, that they want wow to be horrible so people play more and waste more time in it blablabla

But in fact, WoW has been getting quite a lot of money invested into it I immagine, multithreading, awesome art and animation, high quality music, zone designs, story, all of these things are the ones that cost the most money.

Now, game design wise, I think the quality is bad simply because.... well, the designers are bad. Its maybe not even that the designers don't put enough effort into it, but they're just bad at their work. They have no idea how to design systems, they're too cocky to listen to feedback, and they're lazy to change things and adapt the game to make it better halfway through testing a patch.

The core designers are just bad, they're bad at making systems, they're bad at designing classes, they work a lot, they dedicate themselves to it, but they cant get it right.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that people need to stop excusing Blizzard's mistakes. Saying that it's Activision's fault is just a way to keep the image of an old, better Blizzard intact.

And I agree with you about the designers. Some people say that BfA was rushed - I think it wasn't, because no amount of extra work could make the current systems better.

- Azerite traits would still be boring passives;
    - Island expeditions would still be this weird grind to fill a bar against a timer;
    - Warfronts would still be a repetitive battle to carry some AFK players;
    - Nathanos would still be a self-insert of a writer,
    etc.

Those things are weird by design.

The class devs are certainly bad at their job, that much can be said with 100% guarantee.