Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Not really that improbable. Families can be pretty big and extend it over the course of a lifetime and it even becomes more probable.

It's a lot like the massive number of women claiming to have been targeted with certain sexual misconduct. People scream for whatever reason that it's impossibly high but given the time and the number of people you meet throughout life, it isn't improbable.

The sounds like a case of making something sound more shocking than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Study: Half of US adults have had close family member jailed

That has to include local jail, the place they put you when they arrest you for drunk and disorderly or shoplifting. It would be less than 30 days.

Like most things you read about America, it's exaggerated.
    Have you considered reading a study, before commenting on it?

Herald of the Titans
    You could just...not break the law. That'd be nice. I definitely agree that they are trying to imprison as many people as possible because they're crooked and want to make big money with private prisons. Absolutely true, no doubt whatsoever. That not only makes sense but it's pretty fucking obvious. None of that changes the fact you shouldn't be breaking the law and tough shit if you do.

I'll always be against prisons but only because I think they are a waste of money when a noose is a far more effective solution to criminals. The fact that criminals have money spent on them beyond their execution is baffling to me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yep, my step-brother spent the better part of his 20s in jail for repeated drug offenses. What a winner he turned out to be. His dad spent a lot of time in prison for similar. Nice to know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    Then the question is: how can a drug addicted father bring up a son? There should have been many interventions in the past. Systems to prevent situations like this are implemented in the majority of wealthy countries.
    "Every nation gets the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Having gone almost 30 years in this country without being thrown in jail. Yea I'm pretty sure. And I'm not exactly a saint.
    Anecdotal evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    You could just...not break the law. That'd be nice. I definitely agree that they are trying to imprison as many people as possible because they're crooked and want to make big money with private prisons. Absolutely true, no doubt whatsoever. That not only makes sense but it's pretty fucking obvious. None of that changes the fact you shouldn't be breaking the law and tough shit if you do.

I'll always be against prisons but only because I think they are a waste of money when a noose is a far more effective solution to criminals. The fact that criminals have money spent on them beyond their execution is baffling to me.
    100% of americans break the law. some law breakers break laws that are socially acceptable to break, like the speed limit, while others break laws that are purposefully obscure as they are meant to only be enforced as a trap.

but yes i agree, all criminals should get the noose. if youve broken a law then you and your entire species needs to die

Pandaren Monk
    Alternative title:

Study: Half of US adults have had close family members that commited serious crimes.

Elemental Lord Vash The Stampede's Avatar
    I have two in jail, and one is on trial for murder.