Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoD was so much worse than BFA this is actually a joke survey.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    WoD still loses that comparison, though. The quality was nonexistent because the content was nonexistent. Great design is irrelevant when there isn't anything to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Having no content is bad for everybody. Having content you don't like is only bad for you.
    This. People might not like the content of BFA but thats still better than having nothing at all. At least you could attempt it if you wanted, try something different. Even just having M+ makes BFA better than WoD in the content department. Class design is all subjective really, my main class didn't exist until legion, and despite my class in WoD being pretty good (mage) that didn't stop me quitting when I had nothing to do. Not unsubbed since legion launched since they keep giving me stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope Nazjatar/Mechagon (and Nya'lotha) make BfA better (because 8.1 aka grind patch won't, not - at - all)

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I would rather play the same content for a year using good classes than play brand new content every 3 months with garbage classes. The class design of an expansion is, to me, the most important aspect of the game. WoD did it pretty well (7/10), BfA does it extremely poorly (3/10).
    Your argument still falls flat on its face because it requires there to be content to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What's worse? BFA or WoD?
    Don't worry. The next one will be worse. (SCNR)

WoW - dying since 2006...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    WoD was so much worse than BFA this is actually a joke survey.
    And yet you are in the minority. I guess i can call your answer a joke post ?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    usually i dont give in to these kinds of posts... but..

damn.

WoD was better than bfa,

These are my reasons-
    i leveled 7 toons and had fun with every one of them... and i wasnt afraid of ap grinds, or magni rep just to play... you DID have to farm apex crystals/tomes for a legendary ring but that wasnt a real grind.

-having alts actually showered you with gold via garrison missions

-naval missions were actually kinda fun until you had max level on everything of course.

-Cinematics such as Blackhand screaming "YOU WILL ALL DIE" was actually.... damn awsome.

-at the start of WoD... i was somewhat fearful of the 7 warlords... which is cool from a villain standpoint.

None of the Tanks were a "Meme"
    well dont you think that leveling was fun due to how extremly fast it was with treasures ? something which blizzard fixed already in legion to drag it out. thats why leveling in legion sucked . strangly i find leveling in BfA both more enjoyable and much faster then in legion - wonder why is it.

To me it was WoD that was worse, there was very little to do outside of raiding. I was struggling to find reasons to continue playing and unsubbed a month after the game came out, was really annoyed by what happened in 6.1 with them not adding the daily area so saw it as a reason to remain unsubbed. Resubbed in 6.2 to see if things were better and everything was just such a grind, I finished HFC and then unsubbed until Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    All it takes is a quick search to verify that statement is simply wrong (and apparently, according to that poll, at least 118 people on this forum have said that):

Also here:

Or here:
    well its their opinion, many found legion as a great expansion, and some didnt like it. what you will like, others will not
    but what is important, the opinion of the many because the game is not meant for me or you, its for millions of players, and to say the truth, we cant judge bfa as an expansion now, because it hasn't finished fully

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This thread proves that this forum is full of WHINERS of the worst kind. BfA is worse than Legion? How the fuck is that remotely possible when it has WAY MORE features and way more content than WoD? Really guys, stop this nonsense.
    I think you mean "bfa and legion worse then wod"
    I would say BFA is worse then legion so far, but that still makes it far, far better then wod.

cause yeah we are entering 8.1 soon, and 8.1.5 alone will have us already at more content then the entire of WoD and still 2-4 patches after that coming..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    usually i dont give in to these kinds of posts... but..

damn.

WoD was better than bfa,

These are my reasons-
    i leveled 7 toons and had fun with every one of them... and i wasnt afraid of ap grinds, or magni rep just to play... you DID have to farm apex crystals/tomes for a legendary ring but that wasnt a real grind.

-having alts actually showered you with gold via garrison missions

-naval missions were actually kinda fun until you had max level on everything of course.

-Cinematics such as Blackhand screaming "YOU WILL ALL DIE" was actually.... damn awsome.

-at the start of WoD... i was somewhat fearful of the 7 warlords... which is cool from a villain standpoint.

None of the Tanks were a "Meme"
    Yes you had to deal with AP grinds, it was called the garrison, yes you had to deal with magni reps, it was called all the reps, and you dont even need to do that anymore.
    also i love how you say "YOU DID have to farm apex, tomes, etc for legendaries but not a real grind" you fucking serious?

I love how you call gold showering a good thing, gold showering is actually not good for the economy.
    LOLOL NAVAL MISSIONS FUN
    Cinematic such as blackhand screaming you will all die pretty awesome... ok? how is this a point against BFA WHERE JAINA FUCKING RAISES A SHIP FROM THE SEA, AND BARRAGES UNDERCITY WITH IT, AND ALSO FUCKING MALFURION BURRIES A FUCKING DUDE ALIVE COME ON!?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._in_lordaeron/

Fearfull of 7 warlords? what do you mean 7?
    one of them was our ally literally instantly, that is 6.
    one of them is the enemy of our enemy, guldan, so thats literally 5 right away. we dont even fight him in the expansion
    Nerzhul died instantly in the first dungeon for alliance, thats 4.
    Shattered hand guy i cant even remember his name he is so forgetable died like a little bitch first boss of the first raid.

your telling me your scared of 4 random orcs, 2 of them who die literally instantly

but a giant tentacle monster of eldritch abomination, a faction war costing millions of lives and many cities, some hundreds maybe thousands of years old. and a sea witch who controls an army of unspeakable horrors, nah thats nothing compared to 2 orc bois.

I feel your rose tinted goggles are super, super thick.

oh yeah "none of the tanks were memes" yes they were, nice cherry picking, and do you forget "we dont want you to play demonolgy"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Since you seem to be completely ignorant, or are just parroting the 'selfie patch' meme, let me inspire you.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.1.0

Blood elf model update.
    Heirloom revamp including interface tab, upgrade option, and new level 1 mount.
    Garrison quests, including reagent vendor.
    Jukebox with music to hunt down.
    A host of stat and talent rebalancing.
    Raiding with Leashes 3.0.

Trying to say that 6.1 had nothing but the selfie cam is like trying to say 7.1 had nothing but the blood vendor. A flat out lie meant to spread dislike.
    It had no fucking content, blood elf update, something that was supposed to be in at launch, and is not content
    heirloom revamp, what they wernt revamped, just added to a new vendor and the tab.
    garrisons quests, ok yeah that little bit of con tent
    music is not content
    stat and talent reblanacing happens every fucking patch
    raiding with leashes 3 is not content
    notice how none of this is content?
    no new zones, no new questing hubs, no new epic storyline, no new raid
    6.1 was literally nothing, lets compare to 7.1 and 8.1 shall we?
    Return to karazhan mega dungeon
    Trial of valor raid
    New suramar campaign
    new world quests
    "tons of class changed (since you count that as content...)"
    Leveling changes
    new world event return to alcaz isle
    raiding with leashes 4 (since you count that as content)
    new arena remake!
    honor talent rework
    pvp gear rework
    blood vendor
    user interface additions
    Honor talent balancing
    stat and talent balancing

hmm seems like alot more, lets check 8.1!
    Item level changes
    2 new raids
    mythic plus seasons 2
    new warfront
    2 new islands
    new warfront vendor
    new island vendor
    new azerite system
    new azerite rings and talents
    new azerite vendor
    island expeidtion overhaul
    incusrions
    incursion vendor
    reputation changes including paragon caches
    war campaign updates
    new war campaign with choices of what path you wish to go!
    major profession changes
    massive leveling exp changes
    heritage armors! blood elf and dwarf
    alt quality of life changes
    talent and stat changes

hmmmm alot more then 6.1...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Snip
    Really hate to cut down all that time and effort, but... well, it was completely wasted. It doesn't matter which .1 patch had more content or less in relation to the other. The point was the person I was speaking to was acting as though the literally only thing the patch added was the selfie stick. And I posted the patch to prove him wrong. The end. Hyperbole defeated. Sorry you wasted all that time.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

as i said in another post no contest: BFA is worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really hate to cut down all that time and effort, but... well, it was completely wasted. It doesn't matter which .1 patch had more content or less in relation to the other. The point was the person I was speaking to was acting as though the literally only thing the patch added was the selfie stick. And I posted the patch to prove him wrong. The end. Hyperbole defeated. Sorry you wasted all that time.
    Correct, it was not only the selfie stick, but it was the most promoted part of the patch, and one of the biggest things, that it was the first part of the game that connected to third party things outside blizz.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugtESal8W4

as bell said there

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Snip
    Dude, we had major patches named after getting weather effects in like 4 zones and a voice chat system no one used. By your logic we should ignore everything that 7.2 had besides the Tomb of Sargeras raid because that was the patch name.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    WOD was far worse from my perspective, as a mostly PvP player

- Ashran was a non-pvp mass lag rush which you were forced into for RNG gear
    - PvP balance (slightly) worse than bfa with more random one shots and broken classes which went unfixed for longer
    - No mythic dungeons
    - Garrisons had you locked in a single player farmville hell
    - No new cities, we got a generic camp
    - overall less content

for a first raid, BFA has been better than Legion and Wod. Uldir has been far better than HM or EN. In terms aof games sytems Legion and other xpacs have been far superior. Even the lego and artifact system in Legion was better than what we have.

The only system that currently works great in BFA is the AP catch up mechanic which is far better than the Legion catch up mechanic. However the way we gain AP in BFA is really bad compared to Legion.

The removal of Tier sets in BFA has been appalling since Azerite traits replaced this. At least with Tier sets the overall power was available right off the bat when gaining either the 2 or 4 set bonus, right now we get a Azerite armor piece and we are gated behind AP to unlock all of the potential from the Armor piece which doesnt feel great at all.

Other systems launched shockingly bad, Islands, Warfronts and Warmode all producing bad results and inconsistencies. At least with WoD the Garrison experianced a few hickups in terms of stability but the system itself was released in a workable and decent state. Im not saying the garrison was decent tho, far from it. But it worked at least and was quickly fixed when servers became unstable.

Gaining AP is a terrible experience, having to do world quests and island farming being the best sources of AP makes me want to vomit, as i dont particularly like both systems, its just mind numbing gameplay. If they implemented other ways of gaining good amounts of AP like from Legion a big boost from weekly cache, M+, PVP, Raids etc that would at least offer gaining AP efficiently for all people instead of being pigeonholed into content that the majority find tedious.

Overall considering the state of BFA right now, its been by far the worst xpac in terms of game systems and implementation. In terms of a first raid its not the worst.

As much as it has faults im still playing but only for the raiding and thats it, as its more the guild raiding gameplay im enjoying playing with my guild and not really the actual xpac. Even tho the changes they made to raiding in terms of no ML anymore and the GCD changes felt really bad too, i can understand the GCD changes to an extent but they went over baord on the GCD changes to alot of classes.

some iwll agree with me and some wont, and thats fine we all have our own personal perspective on the xpac from our unique points of view.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, we had major patches named after getting weather effects in like 4 zones and a voice chat system no one used. By your logic we should ignore everything that 7.2 had besides the Tomb of Sargeras raid because that was the patch name.
    the 6.1 trailer was 3 minutes long with 30 seconds of it being to the twitter stuff. they then ran multiple contests using the selfie cam, and pushed it on all their social medias... again we are not ignoring the fact there was other stuff, but that selfie cam was the most pushed thing in the patch, yes tomb of sargeras the main focus is tomb of sargeras, cause thats the name of the fucking patch, 6.1 had no name, it was just 6.1 and therefore the thing they pushed the most became the name

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    WoD, fuck that fucking time travel bullshit. It was so convoluted and stupid, just so we could get Gul'dan back as a baddie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Your argument still falls flat on its face because it requires there to be content to begin with.
    As someone who plays WoW to level alts, farm gold, and raid... WoD actually had a fairly decent amount of content for me. I am well aware that it was severely lacking in other areas, but for me, I could log in every day and had 1-2 hours of content to do. Was it amazing content? Well... no. But I was making gold, leveling alts, and WoD actually had quite good raiding.

Again, it's not about the amount of content, it's about the quality of the content and the quality of the systems in the expansion. WoD was lacking in many areas, but the systems were mostly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    LEGION is by far the worst we had.

Killed WoW for me, or rather two things did. 1. Paragon mounts and 2. Honor system. No sane person could max prestige levels and get all paragon mounts. Before you say "but i got both", then, sorry to say, you clearly don't have a full time job, wife, kids, bills to pay, other interests outside of gaming, other games outside of WoW to play or an active social life. I am not placing judge, but to do EVERYTHING in Legion, then your entire life must have evolved around Legion.

Also, it had things that I DID manage to do, such as get all legendaries for my class, max out AP (75+ per weapon for nether crucible), and much much more insane awful grinds.

I was a hardcore collector, ex-top 25 most achievements in the WORLD (during Cataclysm at one point) but now I'm not even close, cause Legion took all energy and hope and joy away from me.

Cataclysm was the best.
    WoD was pretty boring.
    BFA is amazing!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail