Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Not quite. The current gameplay is so far behind where it needs to be that they'd have to give the artifacts back to fix it. Have they ever made sweeping changes like that in a patch?

No?

That's why I think it's a safe prediction that the rest of the expansion will be terrible.
    I personally thing 8.1's state of the game is 100000X better than WoD was. WoD had better class design but it failed at literally everything else.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Having more content doesn't help my experience if my classes play like shit.
    This ^^^^^^

Worst than WOD but not worst than Cataclsym

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I personally thing 8.1's state of the game is 100000X better than WoD was. WoD had better class design but it failed at literally everything else.
    The problem is that class design is the most important part of the game. WoD was trash, to be sure, but at least it felt engaging to play my damned character(s). In BFA, doing something on a character is like: press a powerup button. wait. press a powerup button. wait. press a powerup button. wait. opening attack. autoattack while resources recharge. next attack. press a powerup button. wait. press a powerup button. wait.

I've played Atari 2600 games whose controls feel more responsive than BFA. At least when you move the paddle in Pong there's not a 1.5 second delay while the fucker powers up.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    The problem is that class design is the most important part of the game. WoD was trash, to be sure, but at least it felt engaging to play my damned character(s). In BFA, doing something on a character is like: press a powerup button. wait. press a powerup button. wait. press a powerup button. wait. opening attack. autoattack while resources recharge. next attack. press a powerup button. wait. press a powerup button. wait.

I've played Atari 2600 games whose controls feel more responsive than BFA. At least when you move the paddle in Pong there's not a 1.5 second delay while the fucker powers up.
    I disagree. I think class design is important, but it's just one aspect of the game. No point of having an awesome fun class to play when dungeons/raids/pvp is garbage and all you do with your super fun class is sit in your Garrison mining, picking flowers, and running the mission table.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    BFA, I'd take Ashran any day over all the gimmicks from this expansion.
    Though if Island Expeditions had a better drop rate for cosmetics then that wouldn't be too bad I guess.
    I loved Ashran too, premade runs were too much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The majority of the playerbase disagrees with your opinion. WoD raids were enjoyable and difficult for the right reasons. Just about any Mythic Raider will tell you that Highmaul was leaps and bounds better than Uldir. Uldir was(pre-nerfs) difficult for the wrong reasons, the fact that 3 of the last 4 bosses heavily punished your raid group for having more than 4 melee was a huge flaw in the design of the raid. The fact that melee dps specs dominate the melee to ranged spec ratio and also the melee to ranged class ratio, speaks a lot to why this is a problem.
    Weird way to write your opinion. You're incorrect, but I guess that because you have such conviction in standing in front of your opinion promoting it as fact you assume that someone else out there will stand behind you?

I think you went a little too far, maybe tone it down next time and someone will buy in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Plus a well run garrison made me fairly self sufficient in professions. So for me, garrisons were expectations exceeded.
    The snag with that is that, though what you're saying is absolutely valid, it failed in the expectations that it set.

Originally, they were supposed to be a lot more changeable, that was altered. We can name our followers! Ah, no we can't. Hey, you can put your garrison anywhere you like! Nah, screw that. There were dozens of broken promises in that expansion, and the garrison system had a list of them owned by itself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah, is that time of the current xpac when the current xpac is the worst ever. *sigh* Anyway, WoD was way worse than BfA, for all the reasons that every gentleman here has already pointed out.

Well, I certainly disagree with people thinking WoD was better than this, the results on this poll are tilted like this because those people who left on WoD haven't returned the voters are all current/recent players since they're around here on MMo-Champ forums.

I'm not going to sit here and defend BFA, it's not the best this game has been but you guys probably don't remember what WoD was like. That's all I'm going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Originally, they were supposed to be a lot more changeable, that was altered. We can name our followers! Ah, no we can't. Hey, you can put your garrison anywhere you like! Nah, screw that. There were dozens of broken promises in that expansion, and the garrison system had a list of them owned by itself.
    After the dance studio never happened, I no longer look at what something is supposed to be. I just wait for it to go live and judge from there. Blizzard (and I'm sure other companies) has had a fair amount of initial feature pitches to the players and then what they are actually able to deliver being fairly different. I'm partial to always giving very limited glimpses into features until they are 90% ready.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Weird way to write your opinion. You're incorrect, but I guess that because you have such conviction in standing in front of your opinion promoting it as fact you assume that someone else out there will stand behind you?

I think you went a little too far, maybe tone it down next time and someone will buy in.
    You say I'm incorrect except the facts show that I'm correct. Fetid, Mythrax, and G'huun heavily punished your raid for having more than 4 melee prior to the raid nerfs, this is a fact. You couldn't fit more melee around Fetid or Mythrax because of their heavily punishing mechanics towards melee players, fact as seen by almost every guild running a MAX of 5 melee to kill both of these bosses prior to nerfs. In terms of G'huun you wanted more ranged because of soaking, you couldn't afford to have melee running out to soak MCs otherwise you wouldn't make the dps check, again fact. There are 9 classes that can be melee to the 6 classes that can be ranged, again fact. There are 14 of 25 specs that are melee to the 11 specs of 25 that are ranged, again fact.

In terms of opinions, the majority of the playerbase agree that WoD's redeeming factor was the raids and that the raids were unique and fun. This is an opinion, but it's the opinion of the majority of the players who post about raid content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    Not to mention the sheer amount of content that was scrapped or watered down before WoD even launched.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ok, let's break down your response. Whining about content you think you were entitled to having sooner. Disregarding anything garrison as "not content". Acting like tuning isn't actual work towards improving the game, they were just sitting around doing nothing, ignoring my next three points. Then making the bold assumption that a patch needs to have a new dungeon or raid. Followed by a lmfao.

Truly a completely ignorable, shitpost. Thanks for wasting your time and mine and even proving my point of mindless dislike.
    I think you are the one shitposting here friend. I put 'LMFAO', cause that's what I literally do when I read your previous stupid comment. Putting tuning as a part of the 'features' list. Well, what .1-2-3 patch ever did NOT do tuning? All the things 6.1 did, 8.1 did as much or better, plus an amazing raid is on the way. Not to mention that 8.2 will completely squash 6.2 or even 7.2 (although I'd say that the resources used for developing Suramar in Legion were the same resources allocated to creating 2 zones instead of one, for 8.2).

Neither-Cata was far worse than either.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Nobody ever mentions that female toons had breast reduction in their models due to female players complaining.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    After the dance studio never happened, I no longer look at what something is supposed to be. I just wait for it to go live and judge from there. Blizzard (and I'm sure other companies) has had a fair amount of initial feature pitches to the players and then what they are actually able to deliver being fairly different. I'm partial to always giving very limited glimpses into features until they are 90% ready.
    That's not what happened with Warlords, though.

A great many announced plans were just abandoned for no obvious reason, other than they couldn't be fucked. The fact that it only got two raiding tiers after taking forever past Orgrimmar to arrive, and forever to arrive at Legion, just made everything even worse.

So long as BfA doesn't do that, it cannot drop below Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I think you are the one shitposting here friend. I put 'LMFAO', cause that's what I literally do when I read your previous stupid comment. Putting tuning as a part of the 'features' list. Well, what .1-2-3 patch ever did NOT do tuning? All the things 6.1 did, 8.1 did as much or better, plus an amazing raid is on the way. Not to mention that 8.2 will completely squash 6.2 or even 7.2 (although I'd say that the resources used for developing Suramar in Legion were the same resources allocated to creating 2 zones instead of one, for 8.2).
    Since we seem to getting off target, here is my final word on the matter.
    The people I was originally commenting to were saying that 6.1 had NOTHING besides the selfie stick.
    I point out all the other stuff that 6.1 had.
    Then I get a barrage of "that doesn't count" "all patches had that/should have that" so it doesn't matter.

None of that changed my point. That 6.1 had more than the selfie stick. Period. The end. We can argue which patch is better or worse in our own subjective paradigms until the dinosaurs return.

Imagine how silly this conversation would be.

These guys: This car is stupid, it only comes in one color.
    Me: It comes in these colors too.
    You guys: Those colors don't count, all cars come in that color so that doesn't count, etc.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I personally disliked neither of these two expansions. The only wow expansion that I don't really like would be Cataclysm.

Both BFA and WOD has things that I dislike and like. Kind of unsure which I like the most of WOD and BFA, but I think that I like BFA more.
    Last edited by Ukon; 2018-12-12 at 08:20 AM. Reason: more data

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    I was still playing at this point during WoD. I quit BfA 6 weeks ago in disgust.

WoD had problems with content, but I enjoyed my classes, I enjoyed what was there and I didn't quit.

BfA is where Blizzard ran the game we all love into the ground and then pissed all over it.