Deleted

Are you experiencing world lag?

Since the start of BFA I've noticed intermittent lag when out BFA zones. I get 300mbps with my current connection, so I don't think it's me. And I do recall hearing other people mentioning the lag. I don't play a lot of BFA anymore so I'm unsure how many people it's affecting. I'm on one of the more popular EU servers.

I'll try and resist saying that BFA's lackluster content can't even be played smoothly. Woops, I failed.

Last night I was doing the new quest content and for pretty much the entire time I had to wait 1 or 2 seconds between for spells to trigger.

Are you experiencing lag out in the world and what do you think is the cause? Does it have something to do with warmodes and realm sharding, etc?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-12-13 at 10:00 AM.

The whole zone lags when there are people fighting world bosses, no matter if it is in Arathi or Voldun. Yesterday I had 20s per pet battle turn in Tirisgarde.

Your bandwidth has nothing to do with latency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your download speeds and latency have nothing to do with each other.

But nah, I haven't noticed anything like that. Sometimes the kul tiras world servers are down though, which sucks when I wanna go there to do wqs

Yes, Kul'Tiras is very hard for me to enjoy. All other zones are not a problem, but there I have immensive worldlag that has nothing to do with my latency (which is very low all the time, even when I have 1-2 seconds lags)
    I have the problem since BFA with Drustvar being the worst offender by far. I was always wondering why nothing got fixed in that regards because for me the zone basically feels unplayable.

No, I do not have this problem in other games. The same problem is shared by everybody in my guild. I'll also have a Masters Degree in Computer Science and while I do not claim to know everything about networking technology, I have at least that as a foundation for my tecnical knowledge and nothing points to my hardware or my provider as the culprit for this.

Only in Drustvar, but there sometimes is almost unplayable. On top of the lag, I often got dismounted by the flight path as soon as I enter the zone. That zone has something off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday, some friends and my husband mentioned lags with heavy problems, like looting takes a minute, turn in a quest even longer and one said, he just died because of mobs hurting his character that he didn't even see. I myself did not experience lags until later in the evening. I had two disconnects while on the loading screen for a new zone (Stormwind to Hyjal and Mage Portal) and talking to NPCs was slow, like flightmasters and vendors.

7+ Year Old Account
    I only have these weird delays on things like entering combat and using spells. Connection is fine otherwise and it only happens when in combat.
    Experienced it since BfA launched.

running the repair exe helped a friend of mine fixing his lag issues

Had the same since launch, at least on peak times and particularly in Tiragarde. Have reported it to Blizzard several times and they have said there's nothing wrong with the servers, so I assume it is supposed to be like this... Will probably be a bit better in a couple of weeks when most people stopped playing.

I had horrible lag in Tiragarde Sound on thursday while doing WQs. Usually it wouldn't be this bad, but when playing classes that require timed combos to get shit done it's really annoying. My ping was also <35ms to both servers, so it was probably the shitty cloud server shitting itself that caused it.

Deleted
    Since the patch i have had very bad world lag. I have a top PC so it is not that or my 350mb wired connection. The world map is very slow to open too. They need to fix this ASAP.